The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/the-playbook/sam-cosentino-philip-broberg-stood-nhl-draft-combine/

Very high praise for Broberg and Seider from Sam Cosentino, and touches up on Caufield, Podkolzin, etc. as well. Great interview worth the listen that really hammers a few draft-related items home. These are all guys that could be available to us at 10. 

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

That new guy on the boards. Argues with everyone but knows a thing or two about hockey. 

So he was comparing Seider to floor Parayko. 

So I started reading and watching everything I can on Seider. 

I like this kid.  I think we need a kid like Seider on this team sooner or later. Since he's a Dman I think better early. Get him developing.  

I figure Canucks trade down. 

They take Seider or Newhook who ever is available at 15 to 20. 

He won’t be there at 15 I guarantee it. 

And for for the guy suggesting I’ve only seen him at the worlds, that’s quite an assumption 

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

13 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I hope Zegras & Broberg are both gone, leaving Boldy available for us. 

I’d be very happy with Boldy as well.

there really isn’t anyone I don’t want. There’s just some I have more concerns than others in regards to risk of reaching their ceilings.

Dont sleep on Zegras though I’m convinced he could go top 5. 

If he goes before Turcotte I wouldn’t be shocked

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’d be very happy with Boldy as well.

there really isn’t anyone I don’t want. There’s just some I have more concerns than others in regards to risk of reaching their ceilings.

Dont sleep on Zegras though I’m convinced he could go top 5. 

If he goes before Turcotte I wouldn’t be shocked

Im just not as high on Zegras. I know hes highly regarded & I hope he does go top 5 but I wouldn't take him there.

1 hour ago, Pepe Silvia said:

I could see Broberg going 15th-20th. He just looks too raw in my opinion.

imo, he's the riskiest pick in the top 20, maybe the first round.  I hope stays away from dmen at #10, in general.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

Zegras at 10 would be a steal 

but doubt he’ll be available 

I think he could very well be available.

1) Hughes

2) Kakko

3) Bryam

4) Turcotte

5) Dach

6) Cozens

7) Boldy

8) Soderstrom/Broberg

9) Krebs

10) Zegras

I could very easily see something like that playing out. Caulfield, Seider, Podkolzin, Newhook, and the other one of Broberg/Soderstrom could potentially rise into the top ten as well. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that Zegras is available at ten. And if he isn't, that would likely mean that someone like Boldy falls to us. Either way, it's a win/win.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I saw this too, and I'm happy about that. I hope he falls to #10 and I think it's possible, depending where Podkolzin, Boldy, Caufield and a D are taken. I would rather have him than Boldy. By the sounds of it, the Boldy interview didn't come off as positive as Zegras'? Boldy was asked if there would be a second interview in VAN, and he said "No, not that I know of". Boldy is a power forward in development. They've already got Virtanen who's been developing for 5 years. I think they need more skill in the Top 6. Zegras has tonnes of that.

Edited by NUCKER67