The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

26 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think he could very well be available.

1) Hughes

2) Kakko

3) Bryam

4) Turcotte

5) Dach

6) Cozens

7) Boldy

8) Soderstrom/Broberg

9) Krebs

10) Zegras

I could very easily see something like that playing out. Caulfield, Seider, Podkolzin, Newhook, and the other one of Broberg/Soderstrom could potentially rise into the top ten as well. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that Zegras is available at ten. And if he isn't, that would likely mean that someone like Boldy falls to us. Either way, it's a win/win.

I like your list. I agree that EDM will probably take one of the D. Hoping DET takes Podkolzin. So, the Canucks have met with Newhook as well, and he seems like a promising player. Perhaps if Zegras is gone, Newhook is the next choice?

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I like your list. I agree that EDM will probably take one of the D. Hoping DET takes Podkolzin. So, the Canucks have met with Newhook as well, and he seems like a promising player. Perhaps if Zegras is gone, Newhook is the next choice?

Boldy, Zegras and Newhook are my three favorites at 10 right now. Obviously if someone like Dach, Cozens or Turcotte falls that changes things. 

I'm lukewarm on Krebs, Podkolzin being signed for two more years in Russia and his possible lack of enthusiasm for playing in NA scares me, as does Caulfield's lack of size and wheels. Any of the other forwards I'm down for, as long as we don't go way off base and pick Kaliyev or something.

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Im just not as high on Zegras. I know hes highly regarded & I hope he does go top 5 but I wouldn't take him there.

You also think debrincat wasnt a strong and fast skater in jr. whereas I thought his skating was one of his strengths.

but that’s the beauty of this all everyone has this draft ranked so differently. From us cdcers, to expert analysts, scouts and teams GMs I’m sure.

will be a fun draft day for sure!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

I could see Broberg going 15th-20th. He just looks too raw in my opinion.

Raw isn't necessarily a bad thing. Alot of prospects move up in rankings because they are so raw - lots of room to grow and develop, guys just scratching the surface. Liam foudy and K'andre Miller are recent examples of this. 

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well this puts my draft stress at ease a bit. Zegras is the player I want at #10 badly. Has star quality and reminds me of Barzal. Don’t think he lasts till 10 though unless teams don’t see him as a centre in the bigs. His creativity is off the charts. 

15 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Well this puts my draft stress at ease a bit. Zegras is the player I want at #10 badly. Has star quality and reminds me of Barzal. Don’t think he lasts till 10 though unless teams don’t see him as a centre in the bigs. His creativity is off the charts. 

I hear the interview with Zegras went very well. It almost sounds like he would really want to play here. I'm not sure he'll hang around until #10. Hope he is.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Zegras getting extra interview looks so someone ahead of Vancouver will take him. Right conspiracy theorists? :bigblush:

God, I sure hope someone takes Zegras before our pick.  Kid has bustaroo written all over him.  He's a perimeter guy, who played with very dominating teams, and did little against top competition.  No way hose B.  

• Wat 1

LOL, I thought CDC had evolved?  For the most part it has.

I remember, people were going to die if we picked Ehlers. He's too small, bustaroo. Nylanders a pretty boy! Pick Nick Ritchie. Pick Jake Virtanen. NHL size, good Canadian local kid! There are plenty of Norris candidates in the 3rd round for a defenceman.  For the most part we have good discussions. Then as soon as someone see's a smaller guy, he's slow? Or not any good.

Draft speed and skill boys!

If they happen to be big? Fine. Local? Who cares!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

LOL, I thought CDC had evolved?  For the most part it has.

I remember, people were going to die if we picked Ehlers. He's too small, bustaroo. Nylanders a pretty boy! Pick Nick Ritchie. Pick Jake Virtanen. NHL size, good Canadian local kid! There are plenty of Norris candidates in the 3rd round for a defenceman.  For the most part we have good discussions. Then as soon as someone see's a smaller guy, he's slow? Or not any good.

Draft speed and skill boys!

If they happen to be big? Fine. Local? Who cares!

Don't forget Vilardi! Seemed like a whole lotta people wanted him too.

• Cheers 1

1. Kakko

2. Hughes

3. Byram

4. Turcotte

5. Dach

6. Cozens

7. Zegras

8. Krebs

9. Newhook

10. Soderstrom

Caufield (too small), Boldy (too slow) and Podkolzin (too Russian) fall out of the Top 10.

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

He knows what he seen in the worlds. Thats it. Everyone whos been paying attention to the draft knows seider is an intriguing prospect at 10, but his floor isn't parayko. Thats absurd. 

Of course he doesn't have a floor of Parayko.  He'd be 1st overall if that was a certainty. 

I think if JB decides to trade down a few spots he might take Seider. Who knows it's all guesswork. But he's an intriguing prospect not doubt. .. 

• Upvote 1

There are reports JB has made multiple trade offeres for Zucker. MIN has the 12th overall.  Maybe they flip picks as part of package.  

Virtanen 10th Hutton for Zucker plus 12th. 

Then take Newhook at 12th.

"According to Mike Halford at TSN 1040, the Canucks are very interested in Zucker.

“I won’t say who it is, but it’s a pretty decent source, enough that I trust that I’ll go live on the air with this,” said Halford. “Quote: ‘Mike, I’m hearing that Vancouver is all over Jason Zucker. There are multiple trade offers on the table"

Edited by WHL rocks

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

There are reports JB has made multiple trade offeres for Zucker. MIN has the 12th overall.  Maybe they flip picks as part of package.  

Virtanen 10th Hutton for Zucker plus 12th. 

Then take Newhook at 12th.

"According to Mike Halford at TSN 1040, the Canucks are very interested in Zucker.

“I won’t say who it is, but it’s a pretty decent source, enough that I trust that I’ll go live on the air with this,” said Halford. “Quote: ‘Mike, I’m hearing that Vancouver is all over Jason Zucker. There are multiple trade offers on the table"

Virtanen and Hutton I would think long and hard at, but I wouldn’t also switch picks. Zuckers playoff stats are quite weak.