The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

4 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm not one to defend Button, but he has got things right in the past. I watch the u18 tourney and the Hlinka in the summer, Craig gets to see these guys as early as the u16s. He talks with many of them and knows their development curve. He definitely puts the time in.

Button had Boeser ranked as high as 8th in 2015, when no one else did. As for who lines up where, it remains to be seen but Craig is up there among the pros. 

Yeah the thing I like about Craigs list is it's based on who he thinks will be the best players. Not the best players now or who goes to the podium first.

Hes proven me wrong many many times.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm not one to defend Button, but he has got things right in the past. I watch the u18 tourney and the Hlinka in the summer, Craig gets to see these guys as early as the u16s. He talks with many of them and knows their development curve. He definitely puts the time in.

Button had Boeser ranked as high as 8th in 2015, when no one else did. As for who lines up where, it remains to be seen but Craig is up there among the pros. 

button really values hockey sense (IQ).  If he put Broberg at 7, then Button must believe the concern over Broberg's think the game slowly is not true.  Broberg just might be the best player in the entire draft. He's a big boy, who can skate the puck and play a physical game.  If he has the smarts that Button thinks, then Maybe that's the guy we really need the most?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

That's an excellent point.  What would JB have to give up to get into the back half or the first round?  

help out Pittsburgh. But they might be looking at that list thinking its best to sit tight. 

I don't get the Cozens drop but if he's really available to us then we have to take that kid imo. Tons of character and a top 6 NHL frame. He could crack the roster in a year. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Deathrowe said:

I will jump out of my seat if the Oilers take Broberg at 8. 

Best case scenario, Wings take Podkolzin, Oil take Broberg and we have the choice between Zegras and Boldy.

It's sure a mess after the first two.  Guy in the top 12 to 15 can fall almost anywhere!  (I wonder if Byram will go top five?)

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

help out Pittsburgh. But they might be looking at that list thinking its best to sit tight. 

I don't get the Cozens drop but if he's really available to us then we have to take that kid imo. Tons of character and a top 6 NHL frame. He could crack the roster in a year. 

It would probably be other of two options. Take back a stinker of a contract from some team in cap hell together with a pick or B prospect for their first. 

Edited by spook007

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

It would probably be other of two options. Take back a stinker of a contract from some team in cap hell and send back a pick for their first. 

Washington maybe? they're cap squeezed.... some sort of swap of our 2nd for their 1st and ? they need to re-tool that bottom 6 so maybe something in there? Other than Pits and WSH I don't really see a trade option for us. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Washington maybe? they're cap squeezed.... some sort of swap of our 2nd for their 1st and ? they need to re-tool that bottom 6 so maybe something in there? Other than Pits and WSH I don't really see a trade option for us. 

TBL but that's probably too late to nab Seider etc.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

button really values hockey sense (IQ).  If he put Broberg at 7, then Button must believe the concern over Broberg's think the game slowly is not true.  Broberg just might be the best player in the entire draft. He's a big boy, who can skate the puck and play a physical game.  If he has the smarts that Button thinks, then Maybe that's the guy we really need the most?

Button weighs international play heavily, the hlinka, world jrs and u18s 

broberg showed very well at the hlinka and u18s and had a strong combine. Pretty sure this is why he’s high on him 

Just now, Pears said:

Benning would be waiting at the draft stage while the 9th pick is being announced if Turcotte was available. 

This. Turcotte is the next best forward after Hughes and kakko, if he's there at 10 you take him and run 

• Upvote 3

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, hateleafs said:

Well if he’s not there then Boldy 9 cozens 8

Dach 7 or krebs 6 will be. 

I'm not overly excited about Zegras.

My preference would be, of the 4 mentioned above

Dach

Krebs

Boldy

Zegras

and depending on who else is available I would include Cozens, and Podk ahead of Zegras as well.

did Beach ever lace 'em up, and really play?

I do like Seider though.  I would not be at all disappointed if we took him at 10.  

Alf, did you forget? He played on your line. I believe that his offerings have more credibility than what you have to offer on a daily basis.......And please get of the Cider.........I meant Seider.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, cyoung said:

This. Turcotte is the next best forward after Hughes and kakko, if he's there at 10 you take him and run 

Would rather have Dach over Turcotte, if both were available at 10.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

Would rather have Dach over Turcotte, if both were available at 10.

Ditto

My list

1. Kakko

2. Hughes

3. Byram

4. Dach 

5. Turcotte 

6. Cozens 

7. Zegras

8. Boldy

9. Krebs

10. Newhook

11. Podkolzin

12. Broberg

13. Caulfield 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Ditto

My list

1. Kakko

2. Hughes

3. Byram

4. Dach 

5. Turcotte 

6. Cozens 

7. Zegras

8. Boldy

9. Krebs

10. Newhook

11. Podkolzin

12. Boldy

13. Caulfield 

As much as I like Newhook I don’t think I like him more than Podkolzin or Caufield i they’re both available at 10.