The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

Just now, WHL rocks said:

We desperately need to add size.  Especially on D..

Big D is the way to go.  We have Hughes as the small skilled play driver. Now time to add some beef. 

Korczak in the 2nd round. Tryamkin hopefully returns next season. Done and done.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Zegras is not soft at all. Soft IMO is Boldy.

Not gonna pretend to know a whole lot about these kids.  After Hughes and Kakko i don't know enough to be able to make a projection. 

But I hope we add some size and meanness and nastiness even a bit dirty to this roster.. 

Desperately need it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Korczak in the 2nd round. Tryamkin hopefully returns next season. Done and done.

Tram we'll know next summer if he wants to return after his KHL contract expires. He's not mean. He's a jolly giant but his size helps. Would be great if he returns

Korczac would be 5 years of development before he's a difference maker if all things go right..

Need size and truculence sooner..

Edited by WHL rocks

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Tram we'll know next summer if he wants to return after his KHL contract expires. He's not mean. He's a jolly giant but his size helps. Would be great if he returns

Korczac would be 5 years of development before he's a difference maker if all things go right..

Need size and truculence sooner..

Our oldest "core" player is 24, we aren't in that much of a rush. And if we are just hit up free agency. Using a top 10 pick for size just for the sake of size seems silly. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Our oldest "core" player is 24, we aren't in that much of a rush. And if we are just hit up free agency. Using a top 10 pick for size just for the sake of size seems silly. 

Top 10 pick doesn't help next year either. He'll take 3 to 5 years to be a difference maker in NHL.

Myers Simmonds Lee Hayes just some UFA with size available.

He also needs to explore trades to add physicality.. 

If he can add 2 players this summer it would be great. Then add cpl more next year.

I'm draft always take BPA. Can always trade later to fill out roster.. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Top 10 pick doesn't help next year either. He'll take 3 to 5 years to be a difference maker in NHL.

Myers Simmonds Lee Hayes just some UFA with size available.

He also needs to explore trades to add physicality.. 

If he can add 2 players this summer it would be great. Then add cpl more next year.

I'm draft always take BPA. Can always trade later to fill out roster.. 

Talking about going for size in the draft thread was why I questioned it. LOL. So pardon me for being confused about what the hell you are on about. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Talking about going for size in the draft thread was why I questioned it. LOL. So pardon me for being confused about what the hell you are on about. 

Ya thread is at 307 pages. Conversation topic is a bit fluid now. Not strictly only about which player to draft..  

My bad. Didn't mean to cause confusion. 

Who would you take 10th overall with our 1st pick.  

I wouldn't be surprised if JB trades down a few spots and takes Seider. Or trade up a few spots from 2nd (43rd )to take him late 1st round. 

Maybe JB stands pat Seider falls to us in 2nd with 43rd. RHD with size. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Where were you prior to this season? Tampa has been to the Stanley Cup Finals once and Conference Finals twice in the last 5 years - which means they've won 7 rounds in that time. Not many NHL teams have won more rounds in that timeframe, despite getting bounced this year and barely missing the playoffs a couple of years ago.

This year their top 3 D-men were injured. Stralman was out, Hedman only played 2 games, and McDonagh was playing hurt.

The Eastern conference is completely different from the Western conference, you can't compare the two. We built a team like Tampa and we've only managed to make the finals once. The Lightening are built for the regular season, they don't have the nastiness necessary for the postseason. We have tried the speed and skill and it has gotten the Canucks nothing. 

We want the Stanley cup, not the President's trophy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya thread is at 307 pages. Conversation topic is a bit fluid now. Not strictly only about which player to draft..  

My bad. Didn't mean to cause confusion. 

Who would you take 10th overall with our 1st pick.  

I wouldn't be surprised if JB trades down a few spots and takes Seider. Or trade up a few spots from 2nd (43rd )to take him late 1st round. 

Maybe JB stands pat Seider falls to us in 2nd with 43rd. RHD with size. 

Seider isn’t falling past 15 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Rumours that the Canucks still have interest in Lucic (coming from Dreger). He said Edm would have to sweeten with a pick or prospect. We certainly aren’t getting #8 if Louie is going the other way but maybe we could still get it?

Erickson + Tanev + 3rd

for Lucic and 8th overall 

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

I agree - any of those 9 I named drop to us I’d prefer them plus Podkozlin who I forgot as well.  

Krebs dropping out though means one of them not fitting the Canucks plans makes it that much more likely we take a defenceman... unless they’re high on newhook or Kaliyev 

I'm so on the fence with Podz, just because of the Russian factor

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Seider isn’t falling past 15 

Ya just thinking/dreaming out loud about the drop... but everything maybe JB trades down a few spots adds another 2nd rounder if he really likes Seider. 

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

Which era does David Backes play in? Brayden Schenn? Two examples of bigger bodied ‘power forwards’ that are playing in the cup final. I know you have unwavering support for the kid and are keen on defending him when poster are negative about him. I for one wanted to see him

succeed and be a part of this club moving forwards but thus far he just hasn’t passed  the eye test for me and I don’t see him

becoming what we all wanted him to

become. But I guess a potential 20 goal scorer over an 82 game span is okay for a 6th overall pick. 

Backes was a healthy scratch last game.  

I don't think it's fair to judge his prowess as a power forward when that role and style sn't what it was, even 5 years ago.  IMO, he could be a rick Nash if given the chance.

I defend him against what I think are inaccurate myths about his game, his IQ and his productivity because the numbers, simply, don't reinforce those myths and he might be the best value for the buck on the team, outside of Bo or Marky.

9 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Rumours that the Canucks still have interest in Lucic (coming from Dreger). He said Edm would have to sweeten with a pick or prospect. We certainly aren’t getting #8 if Louie is going the other way but maybe we could still get it?

Erickson + Tanev + 3rd

I would rather trade Sutter and a 3rd for Lucic and 8th overall. Then trade Erickson after July 1st, after his bonus has been paid.

I would try to make a deal for Colorado's 16th overall and Erik Johnson, I know he's older but he would be the perfect partner for Edler.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Erickson + Tanev + 3rd

I’d do it for sure, which means Edmonton would not. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1