The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

39 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

So you want to trade the only guy that hits like truck for a player we will be waiting a year or two for? I get the logic by getting more players that play that way...there's some good players in the second round that play that way....foote comes to mind and cause he was injured most of the season he could be another steal like woo....

Whens the last time he’s hit like a truck?

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Intimidation is the 7th man on the ice...if a team plays that way.

this team has a long way to go if the EP40 fiasco is any indication..

I agree and that's what I would love to see in Van...no more gentleman hockey and we will make them pay on the power play b.s. 

Like I miss the days of Bert keeping teams honest or giving pay back....it also shouldn't be one of the kids going out there and fighting....this team needs a god father ha touch my kids and die ha 

10 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree and that's what I would love to see in Van...no more gentleman hockey and we will make them pay on the power play b.s. 

Like I miss the days of Bert keeping teams honest or giving pay back....it also shouldn't be one of the kids going out there and fighting....this team needs a god father ha touch my kids and die ha 

totally agree...I think it's a mind set a team needs to adopt; each player needs to trust every player on the ice and on the bench that no matter what, every player on the ice and on the bench has his back and will fight tooth and nail to defend him and each other...

I coached a team to have this mentality but it happened between the whistles...and standing behind the bench, I at times was intimidated of my own team and the way we played...if that makes sense.

...there were no bench clearing brawls, but on occasion, there were 5 guys on the team fighting on the ice at the same time...lol (usually happened when we faced another team that had a pack mentality).

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

totally agree...I think it's a mind set a team needs to adopt; each player needs to trust every player on the ice and on the bench that no matter what, every player on the ice and on the bench has his back and will fight tooth and nail to defend him and each other...

I coached a team to have this mentality but it happened between the whistles...and standing behind the bench, I at times was intimidated of my own team and the way we played...if that makes sense.

It's the mind set the hawks had...I agree and Jim brought in Rooster and that turned Jake into a more of a pest when his in the line up....this is when I miss DD...damn neck....yea I get that ha it's good to see I'm not the only fan that thinks this way. 

Not to take away from the Sedins but that's why I never liked them...they changed the culture of the team going from WCE days to them...still great players but not my type of tea. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

It's the mind set the hawks had...I agree and Jim brought in Rooster and that turned Jake into a more of a pest when his in the line up....this is when I miss DD...damn neck....yea I get that ha it's good to see I'm not the only fan that thinks this way. 

Not to take away from the Sedins but that's why I never liked them...they changed the culture of the team going from WCE days to them...still great players but not my type of tea. 

I think the players nowadays have too much invested money wise in their careers to play this way...it would shorten their careers. Case and point, DD.

Edited by Pete M

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

I think the players nowadays have to much invested money wise in their careers to play this way...it would shorten their careers. 

That and pwfs are harder to find...but I agree but that's why teams that have those type of players win cups....

18 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Foote (2) Newhook (3) Podkolzin (4)

Byram (5) Korczak (2)

Knight (4)

Second approach:

Foote (2) Hughes (5) Kakko (5)

Byram (5) Korczak (2)

Rowe (1)

Lets the team get Hughes, Kakko and Byram.  Rest of the team is augmented with free agents.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

So you want to trade the only guy that hits like truck for a player we will be waiting a year or two for? I get the logic by getting more players that play that way...there's some good players in the second round that play that way....foote comes to mind and cause he was injured most of the season he could be another steal like woo....

The Kole carried Foote in Kole's 4th year I am not in on Foote.  

5 hours ago, jptony604 said:

I’m a bit scared of boldy and zegras 

Why's that? I think you could argue that maybe Boldy's ceiling isn't quite as high as some of these other guys, but I also think his floor is probably the highest. Zegras really excites me. The combined creativity and hockey IQ of Zegras and Pettersson paired with Boeser's finishing ability would be something to see :wub:

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Does anyone know who all has come to Vancouver for extended interviews?

I know that Krebs came, and I believe Zegras as well, but any word on any other players?

Thank you 

Newhook is here 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdGenCanuck said:

Why's that? I think you could argue that maybe Boldy's ceiling isn't quite as high as some of these other guys, but I also think his floor is probably the highest. Zegras really excites me. The combined creativity and hockey IQ of Zegras and Pettersson paired with Boeser's finishing ability would be something to see :wub:

I am all for drafting Zegras! His offensive creativity and hockey IQ is through the roof. Really enjoy his game. All the finesse behind the back passes and spinorama no look passes would be amazing with Pettersson doing them right back. I want one of Turcotte, Zegras or Boldy!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Does anyone know who all has come to Vancouver for extended interviews?

I know that Krebs came, and I believe Zegras as well, but any word on any other players?

Thank you 

It was reported that the Canucks were brining in 2-3 prospects for extended interviews this past week as well as meeting again with Zegras closer to the draft. Newhook and Krebs were confirmed to be 2 of the prospects brought in. It could just be those 3, or as reported, there could be a 4th that we haven't heard about yet.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdGenCanuck said:

It was reported that the Canucks were brining in 2-3 prospects for extended interviews this past week as well as meeting again with Zegras closer to the draft. Newhook and Krebs were confirmed to be 2 of the prospects brought in. It could just be those 3, or as reported, there could be a 4th that we haven't heard about yet.

I always got worried about these extended interviews because it kind of shows your hand. Like say Philly or Minny really like Zegras so now knowing that we had an extended interview they might try to jump us in the draft. Unless it’s a smokescreen and Broberg is his guy all along in which case I’d cry lol not really but I wouldn’t be happy about it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

I always got worried about these extended interviews because it kind of shows your hand. Like say Philly or Minny really like Zegras so now knowing that we had an extended interview they might try to jump us in the draft. Unless it’s a smokescreen and Broberg is his guy all along in which case I’d cry lol not really but I wouldn’t be happy about it.

I'm sure they know who's interviewing whom and probably ask the kids whom else they are seeing. Its not a secret

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

I'm sure they know who's interviewing whom and probably ask the kids whom else they are seeing. Its not a secret

Read stuff on Turcot.  Says he’s the fastest skater in the draft.  Faster than Hughes even.  I think if Broberg is gone, we will take Turcot. 

What I want is for us to trade down to the Hab’s 15 spot, and pick up another second in the process.  Then the Habs can pick Podkolzin (who I think drops, and the Habs like) and we can take Seider at 15.  

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Read stuff on Turcot.  Says he’s the fastest skater in the draft.  Faster than Hughes even.  I think if Broberg is gone, we will take Turcot. 

What I want is for us to trade down to the Hab’s 15 spot, and pick up another second in the process.  Then the Habs can pick Podkolzin (who I think drops, and the Habs like) and we can take Seider at 15.  

Dear god alf. I think you may have taken the good meds in scotch instead of your regular meds

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1