The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

2 years ago I wanted Foote as a top 10 pick where people were thinking he might go.

Now he's slated for about 38-42 and I'd still consider picking him.

Nolan would be a great pick in the 2nd round.  Big, bruising, hard working power forward that can score goals and has improved his skating this year.  He may take some time to develop, but I am certain he will get there and may even end up in the top 6.

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

BPA BPA BPA

If that's Broberg, then it's fine with me.  Especially if the pick is backed by Gradin.  He has an eye for the Swedes!!

That's exactly what I was going to say. Also, the knock on him has been offensive decision making, which as a dman can be improved and he's not going to be counted on to be an offensive driver from the back end

Also, I have to wonder, just as JB was talking up Glass and Vilardi, maybe he's got his eye on someone like Seider and doesn't want him taken early. Teams know the Nucks are doing well scouting, it could make them think twice.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

It compares to Pettersson and then states he is a 1B/2A C.... 

hmmmm... dare I suggest Pettersson is a 1A?

Don't see the Pettersson comp at all. Zegras doesn't shoot like Pettersson at all, Zegras is quicker than Pettersson, more of a pure passer, doesn't has the netfront game Pettersson has.

Craig's got some good analysis of prospects but sometimes his comparisons are off to me. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Nolan would be a great pick in the 2nd round.  Big, bruising, hard working power forward that can score goals and has improved his skating this year.  He may take some time to develop, but I am certain he will get there and may even end up in the top 6.

Him or Rees plaease ha both play with an edge... :) 

I don't see any of the D's in the top 10, but it sounds like JB wants on of them for his 1st rounder.

My preferred D's are either Seider or Soderstrom.  Not getting the Broburg love. He seems a bit risky to me. 

If you want a big guy who uses his body, plays well in both ends and can score; choose Seider.

If you want a Swedish player that is already playing big minutes in the top adult league in the country and is trusted on the pk, 5 on 5 and power play, choose Soderstrom.  Broberg plays in a secondary league and put up the same pts.

39 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't see any of the D's in the top 10, but it sounds like JB wants on of them for his 1st rounder.

My preferred D's are either Seider or Soderstrom.  Not getting the Broburg love. He seems a bit risky to me. 

If you want a big guy who uses his body, plays well in both ends and can score; choose Seider.

If you want a Swedish player that is already playing big minutes in the top adult league in the country and is trusted on the pk, 5 on 5 and power play, choose Soderstrom.  Broberg plays in a secondary league and put up the same pts.

Interesting quote from an NHL exec on Broberg at the end of the article. Says he stood out at the combine and will be gone by 10

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-edler-uncertainty-makes-draft-play-for-broberg-possible-with-canucks-10th-pick

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Ironically Craig Button gave Newhook a bad grade on his skating.

That’s hilarious considering he’s one of the best skaters in the draft.  He gave him only a 3/5. Mind you, this guy Button only gave Pettersson a 3/5 in scoring and he ended up leading the entire SHL in scoring the following year.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

This quote basically kills my hopes of getting Boldy, the left winger, lol. Of course we all know that wingers hold the least value of all the positions, but Benning’s emphasis here on the order of positional importance really makes me think that he won’t be going with a winger with this year’s 10th. 

My guess is that he’s targeting Söderström, Krebs and Zegras. Possibly Broberg too. Both Krebs and Söderström just scream a Benning kind of player to me. 

The great thing is that anyone of those four players would be a very welcome addition to our prospect pool. Broberg has a few elements of his game that make me a bit nervous, but if he reaches his potential he could easily be better than the other three players mentioned. Also, he’s extremely entertaining to watch :) I’m personally hoping for Zegras though. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Anyone else thinking it could be a smoke screen? Trying to get someone to trade up so he can get Seider and another second?

Since when has JB ever given anyone the impression he's the kind of guy to use trickery or deceit to pull one over one someone? 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I hate seeing stories like this. We need help with both forward and defence but it seems like he’s positionally hunting again. We’ll get another number 3 dman at the cost of a ppg winger. Take BPA always! Needs change by the time they make it to the show!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Interesting quote from an NHL exec on Broberg at the end of the article. Says he stood out at the combine and will be gone by 10

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-edler-uncertainty-makes-draft-play-for-broberg-possible-with-canucks-10th-pick

yeah, our luck is the nhl exec is JB.

14 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Since when has JB ever given anyone the impression he's the kind of guy to use trickery or deceit to pull one over one someone? 

He tried to trade down with the Knights and tried to make it sound like he liked Glass....I wouldn't put it pasted him. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I don’t think I’ve ever had a good read on what JB was going to do at a draft... I’m pretty sure he said there were no top end d the year they took OJ.... obviously spending a pick on him as high as they did says that what a smoke screen. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I hate seeing stories like this. We need help with both forward and defence but it seems like he’s positionally hunting again. We’ll get another number 3 dman at the cost of a ppg winger. Take BPA always! Needs change by the time they make it to the show!

Ofc he might be working on a nod and a wink from Panarin's agent :)