The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

As this says, I assume Kuz has an inside track & these are the guys the Canucks are really considering. (Maybe throw Newhook in too since they brought him in)

But I imagine if they stay at 10 the pick is one of these guys.

Benning keeps talking about defenceman, hard not to get the sense they are leaning towards a D. Its interesting that he says they like alot of the Dmen, after already saying they'd be open to trading down. (Seider, anyone?) 

I keep thinking Broberg is their BPA, and Soderstrom is probably #2. But I also think EDM really likes Broberg, wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes #8 as this executive says. (or #9 to Anaheim).

At this point, if Broberg is available @ 10 I'd be very surprised if he's not our pick. 

I think if Broberg goes earlier it would be to Edmonton. Anaheim has a pretty solid d corps and prospects do they aren’t in desperate need. Up front they are, Kesler, Perry aging our, Getzlaf only has a few more years of elite play left. I think they go with a forward, but Edm most definitely is a high probability to take any dman. 

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling the Nucks are playing poker here. 

1) at ten they want a forward or a d other than broberg. They want to see if anyone below wants him and will trade up. 

2) my guess is they have their eye on Seider, Harley or York. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Until recently, I really wanted one of the talented forwards. Now leaning towards broberg/soderstrom... I guess I don't really care who we pick, I just want to start rooting for one of these kids! 

Same. As long as our pick turns into a player that can become apart of our core. It’s harder than hell having to look back at all the players you missed and could of had but instead went with another. I trust Jim. 

Boldy, Broberg, Pod or Zeg for me. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Same. As long as our pick turns into a player that can become apart of our core. It’s harder than hell having to look back at all the players you missed and could of had but instead went with another. I trust Jim. 

Boldy, Broberg, Pod or Zeg for me. 

Agreed.  I think JB has a forward in mind for the top 10, but if he isn't available, he goes with a dman (and hopefully moves down to the Panthers (13th).

I like Zegras, Krebs, Pod or Soderstrom (at #13)

12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Agreed.  I think JB has a forward in mind for the top 10, but if he isn't available, he goes with a dman (and hopefully moves down to the Panthers (13th).

I like Zegras, Krebs, Pod or Soderstrom (at #13)

I don’t think it’s worth it to move down if Jim thinks one of them will turn out better then others. In fact if Jim feels strongly about one, I hope he moves up to snag his guy.  We’ve seen how sharp his eye for talent is. 

Agenda for offseason. Keep and use our picks. Try to acquire more if possible. 

Forget Edler and trade LE.  Spend wisely in the UFA market but go after the best players and forget about second tier ones . If we are going to over pay let's do it for someone who produces at a high level. 

Move Sutter and Tanev for picks. No more projects.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Until recently, I really wanted one of the talented forwards. Now leaning towards broberg/soderstrom... I guess I don't really care who we pick, I just want to start rooting for one of these kids! 

too many dynamic fwds at #10 to pick a less than dynamic dman, imo.  Zegras, Caufield.......and if it has to be a dman, Seider

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

Agenda for offseason. Keep and use our picks. Try to acquire more if possible. 

Forget Edler and trade LE.  Spend wisely in the UFA market but go after the best players and forget about second tier ones . If we are going to over pay let's do it for someone who produces at a high level. 

Move Sutter and Tanev for picks. No more projects.

nobody is trading a significant pick for Sutter, and I think they need a player back for Tanev.

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

nobody is trading a significant pick for Sutter, and I think they need a player back for Tanev.

The money back on both could be spent to acquire one good D man or forward. Cash might be worth more then either player. Eight plus mill.

Push Gaudette this year and see how he develops.

Sign two solid D men. Drop 20 mil on them. But go after the best players out there. 

Take what you can get for Tanev and Sutter. 

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The money back on both could be spent to acquire one good D man or forward. Cash might be worth more then either player. Eight plus mill.

Push Gaudette this year and see how he develops.

Sign two solid D men. Drop 20 mil on them. But go after the best players out there. 

Take what you can get for Tanev and Sutter. 

There's no money issues for the next few years regardless.  Not that I am against trading Suter, he's more valuable to the team than the return he'd get in a trade.

AG isn't close to taking that role yet........he's still very raw and still a question mark oif he's even going to be able to be an everyday player of any impact. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Newhook is a dynamo.  And he is extremely shifty.  I think this kid has a high ceiling.  If he's taken though Im more than happy with Krebs, and if not Podkolzin and pray to god he works out.

I think of the 3, Podk has the highest ceiling and by a fair margin. This kid has all the tools to be a superstar. Reminds me a little of Ovehckin with his relentless style of play and never give up attitude. I think Newhook is next on the list as far as skills go, followed closely by Krebs.

Compete level its again Podk followed by Krebs and Newhook.

Heart and Soul - Krebs, Podk, Newhook.

In the forward group my rankings would go

Podk, Krebs, Boldy, Newhook. I would be happy with either of them come draft day. I really hope we don't trade away the 10th for Risto or anyone else.

14 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

As this says, I assume Kuz has an inside track & these are the guys the Canucks are really considering. (Maybe throw Newhook in too since they brought him in)

But I imagine if they stay at 10 the pick is one of these guys.

Benning keeps talking about defenceman, hard not to get the sense they are leaning towards a D. Its interesting that he says they like alot of the Dmen, after already saying they'd be open to trading down. (Seider, anyone?) 

I keep thinking Broberg is their BPA, and Soderstrom is probably #2. But I also think EDM really likes Broberg, wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes #8 as this executive says. (or #9 to Anaheim).

At this point, if Broberg is available @ 10 I'd be very surprised if he's not our pick. 

Leaning towards a......forward.  This is not Jim’s first rodeo.  He head faked in both the Pettersson and Hughes’s draft.  

• Cheers 1

When Jim goes hunting is never works out.  When he drafts Best Player Available it always works.  Think how further along we would be had we just picked the BPA instead of effing around.   We have too many needs to play around with this pick.