The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

53 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Well I wouldn’t say the only time.  There was that Juolevi over Tkachuk pick.   Think how Tkachuk would look on Pettersson, Boeser line.   Those 2 misses have really set the rebuild back a couple years.  Calgary was in a similar spot we were in, they just made better use of their assets and didn’t give them away or let them go for nothing like Benning does.  Edit:  and didn’t miss on their picks.  

So....we still get Pettersson magically with Tkachuk in our line up?  Weird

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So....we still get Pettersson magically with Tkachuk in our line up?  Weird

We don’t know.  Maybe.  Be was ranked around 9-11. And there’s no guarantee we would have been miles better and out of Pettersson’s reach.   He would however set this franchise up better for the future.  

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

How did he in the Hughes draft? They had a guy they ranked 3rd overall fall to them.

I think they are leaning D, Bennings a pretty honest guy. Not to say they wont take a fwd (I think they like Krebs) but ideally theyd probably like to get a D & my money is on that guy being Broberg

He kept saying he was going for a forward.  Nobody knew they had Hughes ranked #3.  He was hinting Wahlstrom all the way.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

He kept saying he was going for a forward.  Nobody knew they had Hughes ranked #3.  He was hinting Wahlstrom all the way.  

I like to think he was hinting Tkachuck or Kotkanieni.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Well I wouldn’t say the only time.  There was that Juolevi over Tkachuk pick.   Think how Tkachuk would look on Pettersson, Boeser line.   Those 2 misses have really set the rebuild back a couple years.  Calgary was in a similar spot we were in, they just made better use of their assets and didn’t give them away or let them go for nothing like Benning does.  Edit:  and didn’t miss on their picks.  

If you want to captain hindisght properly, we still wouldn't have taken MT.

Trade down and add assets while taking McAvoy.

McAvoy ++ >>>> Juolevi or Tkachuck :P

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Virtanen would easily get a 3rd and would probably get a 2nd. Come on!!!  :frantic:

Not that it matters since only an idiot would trade him for either one. The chance of even a 2nd round pick turning into a player as good as Jake already is, would be far less than 50-50.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Button really is down on Podkolzin. Not sure if I should be worried or question his thinking. His mock is definitely interesting reading though. Cozens going just before us would be a gut punch for me. Lol.

Button is interesting because he does seem to have a pretty good pulse on kids. He also has Broberg going to Edmonton and Seider going 11.  I recall a few here arguing with me when I said that the Nucks should take Seider at 10....Seems Button has him as high as I do! But if its Boldy, Krebs, Podkolzin, Seider on the board I am glad I don't have to make that pick, ouch that would be hard.

https://www.tsn.ca/trouba-trade-adds-canadian-content-to-tsn-hockey-s-mock-draft-5-0-1.1321746

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Button is interesting because he does seem to have a pretty good pulse on kids. He also has Broberg going to Edmonton and Seider going 11.  I recall a few here arguing with me when I said that the Nucks should take Seider at 10....Seems Button has him as high as I do! But if its Boldy, Krebs, Podkolzin, Seider on the board I am glad I don't have to make that pick, ouch that would be hard.

https://www.tsn.ca/trouba-trade-adds-canadian-content-to-tsn-hockey-s-mock-draft-5-0-1.1321746

Yeah I was looking at that. I was one such lad that thinks Seider at 10 is too early. But hey, if that's the way the cookies crumbles I won't complain. I already know I am an idiot. Lol.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah I was looking at that. I was one such lad that thinks Seider at 10 is too early. But hey, if that's the way the cookies crumbles I won't complain. I already know I am an idiot. Lol.

I think its just a clusterf&5k from 6-15 this year, it really could go any way. This kid Cam York looks amazing and is ranked 15-20, who know's he could end up being one of the top D in the draft. I really wish we had a second first rounder, this is the year we needed more. I'd love to see Edler signed before the draft and Tanev moved during for a second first rounder. I don't think JB would attempt a Tanev trade without Edler locked up, we do need one of them as we can be guaranteed a top UFA

7 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Everyone below has 1-2 years and are stars? what? Looking above means nothing because we had no ability to draft the top 4 and Poolparty certainly looks like a potential busteroo unless he gets out of Edmonton.

Nylander? Brown? Mcleod? Bean? Fabbro?

Sure there are some others that have done well. But JB always said OJ needed time to get bigger. Other than a couple of unfortunate injuries he would have seen time in the NHL last year given his progression. I think you need to chill and evaluate him after his 2 years playing with the Canucks, by then you can see some semblance of his ability. Even that is too early. As Al Arbour said, you don't know what you have in a dman until he's played at least 200 games in the NHL

Dude..we were never going to pick Fabbro, let’s not kid ourselves.  We had a top 5 pick, we could have done better with it.   Edit: as bad as all those players you mentioned are....at least they’ve played NHL games. OJ is the only one who’s posted a goose egg in 3 years.  I’d love to be proven wrong.  Juolevi panning out would be like found money 

Edited by Pure961089
  • Wat 1