The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

46 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think so too.

JD followed up on 1040 saying Det might be interested in sliding down & getting one of the RHD.

I think its still a real longshot we get Byram, but it would be great.

I'd be surprised to see Byram get past LA but LA also has a desperate need for young centers.....its going to be a crazy draft I think

5 hours ago, Squamfan said:

If the rumour is legit, and not just a fabricated piece of clickbait, I would imagine it is just due diligence, not a serious plan of JB's. Much like when there is a rumour that a good player is available, he has to make the call just to see what is going on and what the price might be, not because he really expects to land them.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No doubt. I’d actually be quite surprised if one of the guys drafted between 10-20 doesn’t end up being considered a top-5 talent in a re-draft.

Likewise. And my guess is that the top-5 talent is the one that is drafted at #10, considering how the last couple of drafts went. 

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

A steady, Hampus Lindholm-type D-man who plays the right side is exactly what this team needs.

And with Hughes and Juolevi as LHDs already, I don't see why we'd be so high on Broberg. With his size he dominates against kids, but there are a number of questions over if he has the mental ability to play in the pros against men. Soderstrom is doing that already.

Also, W and LD are not as valuable as RD.  I've always thought Soderstrom would be an ideal LW for Hughes, as he is such a complete player and a very fast skater.  His passing is exceptional and he has a great wrist shot.  He showed his offensive acumen in the previous season when he played against U20's, but this year he played in the SHL (alongside the best players in Sweden), where 17yr olds are rarely given optimum offensive minutes.

He would be a fantastic player to have on our team.  Somehow though, I don't think JB is wanting to trade down to pick up any of the ds other than BB.  If he does, I think he sits at 6 and sees if he can move down again, or picks the top FW on their list.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Also, W and LD are not as valuable as RD.  I've always thought Soderstrom would be an ideal LW for Hughes, as he is such a complete player and a very fast skater.  His passing is exceptional and he has a great wrist shot.  He showed his offensive acumen in the previous season when he played against U20's, but this year he played in the SHL (alongside the best players in Sweden), where 17yr olds are rarely given optimum offensive minutes.

He would be a fantastic player to have on our team.  Somehow though, I don't think JB is wanting to trade down to pick up any of the ds other than BB.  If he does, I think he sits at 6 and sees if he can move down again, or picks the top FW on their list.

Two skill guys together? Ha oilers tried that and so have the leafs. Who clears the crease? 

You need balance.....Keith and Seabrook and Niedermayer and Pronger....

Seider should be the only D on Jim's mind cause with Hughes and OJ will both need a mean guy like seabrook or pronger. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Two skill guys together? Ha oilers tried that and so have the leafs. Who clears the crease? 

Seider should be the only D on Jim's mind cause with Hughes and OJ will both need a mean guy like seabrook or pronger. 

If a defenseman, either Broberg or Seider (unless of course we happen to get Byram). I don't think either are "mean" as you put it, but they both have the size, strength, and skating ability to box people out, have strong board play, and clear the crease.

3 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

If a defenseman, either Broberg or Seider (unless of course we happen to get Byram). I don't think either are "mean" as you put it, but they both have the size, strength, and skating ability to box people out, have strong board play, and clear the crease.

Broberg I'm not to high on....he will need a stay at home D like Muzzin. having Hughes and OJ and a deep depth on the left side but drafting him we could move OJ but his stock isn't to higher right now and Seider is a right shot and plays with an edge and use to playing against men. 

Byram would be perfect but his not dropping to us. 

15 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Seider and Bloomburg are hadly mean guys...I woudn't even call them tough. 

Frankly, I don't think the Canucks pick up any of them unless Zegras or Krebbs are gone.  It will be a long while before anyone knows how they turn out as NHL players.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Frankly, I don't think the Canucks pick up any of them unless Zegras or Krebbs are gone.  It will be a long while before anyone knows how they turn out as NHL players.

I was listening to Craig Button, and he says Seider reminds him of Brandan Carlo, who rides shotgun for Krug.  Button said Seider would be an excellent partner for Hughes.  

Pronger would be perfect, but are there any Pronger type players any more?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Seider has laid a few good hits this pasted season. 

Sieder is also the only real  physical right hand D in this draft.  

I agree I want Zegras bad! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I was listening to Craig Button, and he says Seider reminds him of Brandan Carlo, who rides shotgun for Krug.  Button said Seider would be an excellent partner for Hughes.  

Button thinks your hero Caulfield is going 4th overall.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I agree he would be perfect for Hughes. 

Pronger types.....ummmmm ha I haven't seen any with his mean streak for awhile...I used him as example cause him and Scott had perfect balance just like Keith and Seabrook. 

If there was a Pronger type D in this draft he would be going higher then 10 ha

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Seider has laid a few good hits this pasted season. 

Sieder is also the only real  physical right hand D in this draft.  

I agree I want Zegras bad! 

There could be some big lugs later in the draft though.

Yeah, I'm all onboard for Zegras.  I think that's why there's rumour of the Canucks want to move to the 6th overall.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

There could be some big lugs later in the draft though.

Yeah, I'm all onboard for Zegras.  I think that's why there's rumour of the Canucks want to move to the 6th overall.

Could picture Zegras centring the second line and Green playing bo with petey and brock

This draft lacks RD. I really want Rees in the second round ha 

i almost wonder maybe Jim finds his RD next year cause theres not much out there. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

If the Canucks are trying to move up then they now must think that a player that they want as moved up in the order and will now be out of their reach.

Zegras seems to be the guy moving up in most of the recent mocks, and we know Benning is pretty high on him. 

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

This draft lacks RD. I really want Rees in the second round ha 

i almost wonder maybe Jim finds his RD next year cause theres not much out there. 

They have a few years before they become contenders, so I'm confidant they'll find a good one.  Until then, I'd be happy if they could  3rd or 4th guy that plays a solid game.  I think Woo may end up being that guy. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

And Seider is this "mean" guy? Lol.

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Where was it reported they were offered a 1st? I cant recall that, must've missed it.

I agree with you, I think hes leaning D & I think he likes Broberg. 

Yeah i could see that. Hopefully not though.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/finally-in-play-trade-tanev-club-called-for-this-years-ago