The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

11 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Interesting nugget from Kuz.

Zegras at the top of our wish list. I imagine its Zegras for FWDs & Broberg for D at the top.

Good chance one, if not both, are gone before our pick. Which I'm not too upset about. Zegras is a polarizing guy, personally I'm hoping he goes ahead of us. 

Smokescreen to force Detroit to make that pick and have someone else fall to us. Why would the Canucks reveal who's on top of our wish-list or even any of how our list is ranked before the draft? Detroit is playing the same game so if we are indeed interested in Zegras, then they want to maximize the value of the pick if they trade down.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Smokescreen to force Detroit to make that pick and have someone else fall to us. Why would the Canucks reveal who's on top of our wish-list or even any of how our list is ranked before the draft? Detroit is playing the same game so if we are indeed interested in Zegras, then they want to maximize the value of the pick if they trade down.

Zegras is the one guy I don't want us to draft in that top 10 group of guys.  I hope a team does take him before us.  If we are moving up to 6, it's because Byram (unbelievably) falls to that spot.  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zegras is the one guy I don't want us to draft in that top 10 group of guys.  I hope a team does take him before us.  If we are moving up to 6, it's because Byram (unbelievably) falls to that spot.  

They are likely looking to trade up for Zegras, he's the one guy they brought in for a visit that they would have to trade up for. Hoping Detroit is looking to trade down for Podkolzin.

Just now, Deathrowe said:

They are likely looking to trade up for Zegras, he's the one guy they brought in for a visit that they would have to trade up for. Hoping Detroit is looking to trade down for Podkolzin.

JB is blowing smoke to trick up the Wings.  Way to go JB! :towel:

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's very possible. In that case, I imagine Juolevi will be sent to Detroit as part of the deal to move up to #6 since we would have an overload of LD at that point. So is Juolevi (and maybe more) plus #10 worth Byram?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't think so, and I don't think JB would move OJ to move up 4 spots.  

Well for Detroit to pass up on Byram (assuming we would wait to see if this plays out before making this deal), they likely want to mitigate that risk. They lost out on Hughes, so I don't think they would make that mistake. If we don't move out OJ (who would be somewhat expendable if we acquired Byram), then I don't think we get the 6th pick with Byram available.

Although if we make the Lucic deal where we swap up to #8, that could change the dynamic of this.

• Cheers 1

Just me thinking that GMJB & co has played their cards close to heart in previous drafts? 

So I don’t place much weight on rumors although you do get the impression that they have a very clear picture/ranking...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

One step up forward an two back this happens , I guarantee JB won’t be around to see the team leap frog  to the top..there are players in current draft position who will contribute to future success with out taking two back trade.(giving up two young players an or picks to upgrade draft order this year) Team still needs depth at three or four positions .

Edited by bobbyg43
  • Wat 3

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Well for Detroit to pass up on Byram (assuming we would wait to see if this plays out before making this deal), they likely want to mitigate that risk. They lost out on Hughes, so I don't think they would make that mistake. If we don't move out OJ (who would be somewhat expendable if we acquired Byram), then I don't think we get the 6th pick with Byram available.

Although if we make the Lucic deal where we swap up to #8, that could change the dynamic of this.

They didn’t lose out on Hughes, they chose zadina right in front of him.

no chance JB moves OJ and 10 for Byram. This kid isn’t Ray Bourque. A team is stronger with OJ and someone like Boldy etc or even Seider/Broberg than it is with one Byram.

Also, I’d be surprised to see Byram get past LA. They need everything so they’ll take BPA not position and if he’s there at 5, he will be the BPA

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bobbyg43 said:

One step up forward an two back this happens , I guarantee JB won’t be around to see the team leap drop to the top..there are players in current draft position who will contribute to future success with out taking two back trade.

Leap drop? What does that even mean?

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

So is Juolevi (and maybe more) plus #10 worth Byram?

Perhaps not a popular view here, but I'd say no - it's not worth it. 

If we didn't have QH already I'd say there would be a much stronger case for moving up to secure Byram.  But how it is now, I think OJ & #10 & + > Byram. 

• Upvote 3