The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

You really can't go wrong at 10, you're gonna get a legit prospect whether it's the guy you personally want or not and then you just hope he develops and matures into his ceiling. Caufield, Krebs and Newhook top my list of guys to draft. I hope they hold steady and don't move up to 6, we need more building blocks not less. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

They didn’t lose out on Hughes, they chose zadina right in front of him.

no chance JB moves OJ and 10 for Byram. This kid isn’t Ray Bourque. A team is stronger with OJ and someone like Boldy etc or even Seider/Broberg than it is with one Byram.

Also, I’d be surprised to see Byram get past LA. They need everything so they’ll take BPA not position and if he’s there at 5, he will be the BPA

Maybe I should word it that they passed on the dman that they should've taken, so they may not want to do that again if Byram actually drops that far. I'm not advocating trading OJ and 10 for Byram, but suggesting that's probably the cost of doing so knowing that Byram is available at 6.

I don't know how good Byram will be at the NHL level, but if he could perhaps be a number 1 guy, I think that does hold more value than a top 6 player and a top 4 dman. I think we are in a position to look for top end talent versus more depth. I think Benning has drafted a lot of "depth" but we lack in the top end of the spectrum. Do I think Byram is that guy? Probably not as I value him as a #2 dman, in which Juolevi still has potential to be.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe I should word it that they passed on the dman that they should've taken, so they may not want to do that again if Byram actually drops that far. I'm not advocating trading OJ and 10 for Byram, but suggesting that's probably the cost of doing so knowing that Byram is available at 6.

I don't know how good Byram will be at the NHL level, but if he could perhaps be a number 1 guy, I think that does hold more value than a top 6 player and a top 4 dman. I think we are in a position to look for top end talent versus more depth. I think Benning has drafted a lot of "depth" but we lack in the top end of the spectrum. Do I think Byram is that guy? Probably not as I value him as a #2 dman, in which Juolevi still has potential to be.

Byram won't be there at 6. Of course there's a slim chance he is, but not one worth debating. If Vancouver is targetting the 6th pick right now they aren't doing it for Byram. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

To Van :

Tyson Barrie 

16th overall pick 

To Col 

10th overall pick

Chris Tanev 

Why does Colorado trade a much better, younger barrie, for an older tanev, and only move up 6 spots? I don't think colorado would find that appealing. that's a great deal for us though

4 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Why does Colorado trade a much better, younger barrie, for an older tanev, and only move up 6 spots? I don't think colorado would find that appealing. that's a great deal for us though

Unless Colorado really wants Knight. He’s not making it past Florida. 

21 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Doesn’t sound like he will be there at 10 but I could be wrong. Zegras would be a great haul. We need a dance partner. 

The Canucks really need an elite playmaker and this is the guy.  The best in his draft and Benning is desperately trying to move up to get him.

Nucks PP becomes the best in the league in 2/3 yrs.

https://www.intelligencer.ca/sports/hockey/ben-kuzma-adaptation-acceleration-put-trevor-zegras-high-on-canucks-draft-list/wcm/8fc89462-cc9f-4f1f-b129-f4a23ba4d64e

12 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Saw this on Twitter as a trade rumour.  it’s fun to speculate.  Probably BS.  Edit: If it was Buffalo’s 7th overall instead of a 6th rounder I might consider it.  

5ED167DF-2914-4D6C-9385-9D69EE8E1EAB.jpeg

How is Buffalo going to get the 6th pick?  

I red it too fast. 6 round pick.

Not happening.

Edited by appleboy

48 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Saw this on Twitter as a trade rumour.  it’s fun to speculate.  Probably BS.  Edit: If it was Buffalo’s 7th overall instead of a 6th rounder I might consider it.  

5ED167DF-2914-4D6C-9385-9D69EE8E1EAB.jpeg

Is that actually Nylander's full name? LOL. As for the deal it's a lot to pay for essentially Risto. A glorified 2nd rounder, a 6th rounder, Risto and Nylander for Jake, Olli and the 10th is a bit too much for my liking. Nylander is interesting though. 21, plays both wings. This would be quite the haul for Buffalo though. Jake and Eichel/Mittelstadt though, sounds good on paper. Might go out and get a Virtanen Sabres jersey if this trade happens.