The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

Not overly excited with the Hoglander pick especially with Korczack still available. We need D and this keeps putting pressure on the FA market for us. we need to Draft defense and we draft an undersized forward. Last Draft I spoke of us taking an undersized forward whom management talk about this kids heart work ethic and grit despite being undersized.

Well we have done it. and what is his ceiling for us?

This is just another Jordan Schroeder type pick. This kid could play in the NHL but its not our pressing need and i believe Korczack was the BPA

• Haha 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Hoglander completely different tho playing style and production.

hoglanders shl production was very good for draft eligible player

Production yes they are different, but I see some similarities in terms of playstyle. Both are somewhat undersized wingers who are really quick around the net with good edgework. Both have a nose for the net and can finish off some dirty plays down low. 

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

Not overly excited with the Hoglander pick especially with Korczack still available. We need D and this keeps putting pressure on the FA market for us. we need to Draft defense and we draft an undersized forward. Last Draft I spoke of us taking an undersized forward whom management talk about this kids heart work ethic and grit despite being undersized.

This is just another Jordan Schroeder type pick. This kid could play in the NHL but its not our pressing need and i believe Korczack was the BPA

He was by the best available player, you don't pass up on a guy that good to search for positional needs, especially when that player would need 3-4 years of development....our needs will be completely different by the time he's ready to step in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mikeyman109 said:

Still a lot of good defencemen in the later rounds.  Attard And Has are still available.  

2 minutes ago, cyoung said:

He was by the best available player, you don't pass up on a guy that good to search for positional needs, especially when that player would need 3-4 years of development....our needs will be completely different by the time he's ready to step in.

did you miss the part where i said i believe the D man was BPA

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

we're going to pay for this trade down the road

it's gonna hurt

4 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Rinse Lather , repeat for 50 years= no cups, i will die before we win one

• Haha 1

Perron is another mid to bottom 6 player.  We need getting rid of players not adding lol. Benning is a HOARDER only with dead weight minor leaguers SMH. Teams unloading their dead weight to the Canucks and Benning more than eager to bring them in. Lol 

Edited by Pure961089

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Perron is another mid to bottom 6 player.  We need getting rid of players not adding lol. Benning is a HOARDER only with dead weight minor leaguers SMH

Basically swapped players. Nothing to be upset about

Basically right now it looks like this

Edler- Tanev

Hughes - TBD, Schenn?

Hutton - Stecher

Juolevi - Woo

Biega

When do we start planning the parade?

From now on every post will be ended with Nineteen Fifteen!! it worked with the league when the Rangers were serenaded by it every night. 1915

34 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

we gotta dump contracts or let players go for free

trade some of these guys already for picks

well, competition isn't a bad thing either. i bet green would love more competition for the players, especiallly in camp.

4 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

we disagree I believe you are wrong, 1915

Well the majority of everyone disagrees with you. Believe what you want, JB won't turn down a guy that was supposed to go in the 20s, hoglander is a beast.

Edited by cyoung
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Well the majority of everyone disagrees with you. Believe what you want, JB won't turn down a guy that was supposed to go in the 20s, highlander is a beast.

I  guess we will see if i get a bunch of confused faces on the post. 1915