The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 minute ago, Blömqvist said:

Byram is going to be a stud. If we are fortunate enough to draft him our defense will be set for the next decade with two potential #1Ds in Hughes and Byram and solid two-way top-4 guys in Juolevi and Woo. 

We would still need some extra firepower up front to support Pettersson, Boeser, and Horvat but thankfully the two Northeastern kids Gaudette and Madden look like gems. 

We just need to keep losing the rest of the way, so we can get into that top 5 and get Byram.  

20 hours ago, YungWee said:

Scenario - Canucks get the lucky and win the draft lottery, able to select Hughes 1st overall. 

Would you be interested in a Horvat + 1st round 2020 and another prospect/pick to acquire whoever has the 2nd pick to get Kakko?

Top 2 centers would be Hughes and Petey, making Horvat expendable. I love horvat, but if we were to get Hughes it makes the future very interesting. Thoughts?

Nope

It gives them flexibility with the lines. Hughes/Pettersson could play on the wing with whomever is better at C.

Honestly Byram has played his way into being considered in number 1 territory. Dude is such an animal, productive, sound defensively, drives the play and about as clutch as they come. He's a gamer and imo should be considered a step ahead of Cozens, podkolzin, Dach, Krebs, Turcotte etc. He's up there with Hughes and kakko.

12 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would rather have Kakko than hughes. We don't need another tiny guy.

All projections are that Hughes is wY better but I think Kakko would just fit better on our team given our lack of wings

center and goaltending are our strengths top to bottom in the organization

defense abd wings are where we are really really struggling 

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would rather have Kakko than hughes. We don't need another tiny guy.

Yes!

_____ - Pettersson - Kakko

_____ - Horvat - Boeser

Current LW options: Goldobin, Virtanen, Leivo, Pearson, (Baertschi?)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I don't think Jim makes it to the 2020 draft if we suck again next year. IMO next year he has to make the playoffs or at least come close (miss by 2 pts kinda thing). Not finish dead last

I agree

he will load up on UFAs this summer in an attempt to save his job and buy himself some time so he can see the fruits of his labor in guys like Gaudette, Madden, Hughes, woo, rathbone and the 2019 draft class becoming major contributors to the team.

if I was him, I’d hope to draft Hughes, kakko or byram 

Throw massive money at Panarin maybe league max and get one of brick nelson, dzingel, Anders lee, to play on second line where Pearson and Leivo are...I

buy out Erickson

panarin- Petey- boeser

Pearson-bo- leivo

Goldy Gaudette Virtanen

Roussel Suutter Beagle - shut down line

then I would push all my chips in and trade for a d man 2020 1st + Goldy+ Karlsson+ DiPietro for Ristoleinen, throw big money at tryam kin to come back in summer 2020

edler Ristoleinen

hutton Stecher

hughes Tanev

I might have have traded for the wrong d man, but with 30 mill in cap space this summer we have enough to make a push for a markey player.

Edited by Canucks Curse

23 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I don't think Jim makes it to the 2020 draft if we suck again next year. IMO next year he has to make the playoffs or at least come close (miss by 2 pts kinda thing). Not finish dead last

GMJB will make a bold move at the draft for the Canucks to draft Hughes, Kakko, and Byram without giving up Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, and any 1st Rd picks. :lol:

In all seriousness I want GMJB to stay when the Canucks finish at the bottom again in 2020. Still too many holes at D & F.

• Upvote 1

Markstroms play has been encouraging as he’s taken great steps forward in his play but he’s probably played us into the 6th to 8th seed. Turcotte, Zegras, Soderstrom and Krebs territory over if we just had regular goaltending we’re probably talking Kakko, Byram, Cozens and Dach.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes!

_____ - Pettersson - Kakko

_____ - Horvat - Boeser

Current LW options: Goldobin, Virtanen, Leivo, Pearson, (Baertschi?)

I think Goldy is making a very good case for that top 6 spot by Petey. Virtanen and Leivo are more third liners in my eyes now.

We really need some quality wingers. Heres hoping Lind and Gadj take big steps next year and MacEwen earns a regular job with us.

Worst team in the NHL since 2015, would be nice to finally get a top 3 pick and get one of Hughes/Kakko/Byram.  Worst case scenario should see us at least get Turcotte/Zegras/Cozens/Krebs.

A top 9 like this would have me tuning into every game.

Goldobin-Pettersson-Kakko/Hughes

Roussel-Horvat-Boeser

Leivo-Gaudette-MacEwen  

• Upvote 1

How awesome would it be if we actually won the 1st overall pick. Canucks would be for the first time in franchise history picking 1st overall, with the draft being held in Vancouver. I want Quinn Hughes to be on the podium announcing the selection of his brother, would be one of the greatest moments in draft history.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Meanwhile..

If we draft top five, will this kid still be there for us to pick?  Love to have him out there with Hughes, OJ, Rathbone, and Erik Karlsson. That would be a top four that could help drive the offence.  

5 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

I love your optimism. 

Hope you’re right. :towel:

Trying to answer your question: now he’s projected from 6th to 12th, but I think he’s rising.

Thanks.  He sounds like a guy our D could really use.  

If we can’t get Hughes (who I really want) I think we should take this D guy.

Kakko sounds too much like crappo.  

Edited by Alflives