Sign in to follow this  
Qwags

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would rather have Kakko than hughes. We don't need another tiny guy.

Yes!

_____ - Pettersson - Kakko

_____ - Horvat - Boeser

Current LW options: Goldobin, Virtanen, Leivo, Pearson, (Baertschi?)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I don't think Jim makes it to the 2020 draft if we suck again next year. IMO next year he has to make the playoffs or at least come close (miss by 2 pts kinda thing). Not finish dead last

I agree

he will load up on UFAs this summer in an attempt to save his job and buy himself some time so he can see the fruits of his labor in guys like Gaudette, Madden, Hughes, woo, rathbone and the 2019 draft class becoming major contributors to the team.

if I was him, I’d hope to draft Hughes, kakko or byram 

Throw massive money at Panarin maybe league max and get one of brick nelson, dzingel, Anders lee, to play on second line where Pearson and Leivo are...I

buy out Erickson

panarin- Petey- boeser

Pearson-bo- leivo

Goldy Gaudette Virtanen

Roussel Suutter Beagle - shut down line

then I would push all my chips in and trade for a d man 2020 1st + Goldy+ Karlsson+ DiPietro for Ristoleinen, throw big money at tryam kin to come back in summer 2020

edler Ristoleinen

hutton Stecher

hughes Tanev

I might have have traded for the wrong d man, but with 30 mill in cap space this summer we have enough to make a push for a markey player.

Edited by Canucks Curse

23 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I don't think Jim makes it to the 2020 draft if we suck again next year. IMO next year he has to make the playoffs or at least come close (miss by 2 pts kinda thing). Not finish dead last

GMJB will make a bold move at the draft for the Canucks to draft Hughes, Kakko, and Byram without giving up Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, and any 1st Rd picks. :lol:

In all seriousness I want GMJB to stay when the Canucks finish at the bottom again in 2020. Still too many holes at D & F.

• Upvote 1

Markstroms play has been encouraging as he’s taken great steps forward in his play but he’s probably played us into the 6th to 8th seed. Turcotte, Zegras, Soderstrom and Krebs territory over if we just had regular goaltending we’re probably talking Kakko, Byram, Cozens and Dach.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes!

_____ - Pettersson - Kakko

_____ - Horvat - Boeser

Current LW options: Goldobin, Virtanen, Leivo, Pearson, (Baertschi?)

I think Goldy is making a very good case for that top 6 spot by Petey. Virtanen and Leivo are more third liners in my eyes now.

We really need some quality wingers. Heres hoping Lind and Gadj take big steps next year and MacEwen earns a regular job with us.

Worst team in the NHL since 2015, would be nice to finally get a top 3 pick and get one of Hughes/Kakko/Byram.  Worst case scenario should see us at least get Turcotte/Zegras/Cozens/Krebs.

A top 9 like this would have me tuning into every game.

Goldobin-Pettersson-Kakko/Hughes

Roussel-Horvat-Boeser

Leivo-Gaudette-MacEwen  

• Upvote 1

How awesome would it be if we actually won the 1st overall pick. Canucks would be for the first time in franchise history picking 1st overall, with the draft being held in Vancouver. I want Quinn Hughes to be on the podium announcing the selection of his brother, would be one of the greatest moments in draft history.

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Meanwhile..

If we draft top five, will this kid still be there for us to pick?  Love to have him out there with Hughes, OJ, Rathbone, and Erik Karlsson. That would be a top four that could help drive the offence.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Erik Karlsson. 

I love your optimism. 

Hope you’re right. :towel:

Trying to answer your question: now he’s projected from 6th to 12th, but I think he’s rising.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

I love your optimism. 

Hope you’re right. :towel:

Trying to answer your question: now he’s projected from 6th to 12th, but I think he’s rising.

Thanks.  He sounds like a guy our D could really use.  

If we can’t get Hughes (who I really want) I think we should take this D guy.

Kakko sounds too much like crappo.  

Edited by Alflives

1 hour ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Meanwhile..

I want him on the team lol so bad.

Stop drafting Smerfs . I would be happy with one of Cozen's, Bryam , Dach. Also I would look at trading Virtanen + Plus for another pick in the top 10

Based solely on what I've read (including that great post in the Other Leagues section of CDC) I like Kakko better than Hughes. Hoping that we land the 2nd pick so it's an easy can't go wrong decision as there seems to be a divide in opinion from 3 onward

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

41 minutes ago, naslundfan921 said:

Based solely on what I've read (including that great post in the Other Leagues section of CDC) I like Kakko better than Hughes. Hoping that we land the 2nd pick so it's an easy can't go wrong decision as there seems to be a divide in opinion from 3 onward

For once I am hoping we don’t land the first pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Stop drafting Smerfs . I would be happy with one of Cozen's, Bryam , Dach. Also I would look at trading Virtanen + Plus for another pick in the top 10

Not wanting to draft smurfs is what led to Virtanen

Edited by Zhukini
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Not wanting to draft smurfs is what led to Virtanen

Exactly! Draft the skilled players like Pettersson and Hughes. The reason we can’t score is because we have too many 200 foot players and not enough skill on the team.

• Hydration 2