The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The oilers are getting a run for the money by Buffalo when it comes to tanking.

The Sabres are elite level tank commanders currently. Its appalling they could get 1st overall last year and perform so well for a major portion of the season and then mail it in for the last month. Seriously they are not even trying out there. Its flat out embarrassing the display on the ice. 

• Upvote 2

First off I hope the Canucks get a 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick over all......

But more than likely, it is a 8, 9, 10

For me that is one of Krebs, Boldy, Dach or Zegras…..one or 2 of those forwards will be available

and just to make some above happy...….I think it is for Horvats line......

but it is a part of a greater picture......

I think Benning goes UFA think summer, so he gets a 1st line LWer and a 1st line RHD (Neither will be Panarin or Karlsson)

This, along with Hughes, will push down the present top pairing long term

I see Benning also drafting RHD with the next 2 picks, whether they be a late 1st and a 2nd and/or a 2nd and 3rd

Definitely Benning goes hard on a defensive repair......but pushing down Edler and Tanev, will help them out a lot, long term

As it will us!

29 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Victor Soderstrom at our pick, please.

Hard to lock it in yet, there might be some lottery magic or a gem who drops. Definitely not a bad pick in the 8-12 range though. If Turcotte, Dach or Cozens are available I think I would bite.  

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Hard to lock it in yet, there might be some lottery magic or a gem who drops. Definitely not a bad pick in the 8-12 range though. If Turcotte, Dach or Cozens are available I think I would bite.  

Cozens would look excellent with Horvat. Some say he's NHL ready next season too. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Victor Soderstrom at our pick, please.

Thats the great thing about this draft. So many quality prospects right down to the 15 mark. 

Obviously it would be nice to have better lottery odds but seeing our kids play well is the biggest thing. Im surprised we aren't sitting our vets in order to get better looks at some of our fringe players/ prospects.

This is the lineup Id run our last few games to give guys more experience and last shots.

Goldy-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Pearson

Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen

Schaller-Granlund-Spooner

Hutton-Biega

Hughes-Stecher

Teves etc.-Schenn

Demko

Wow I cant wait for the 9th though!

Fingers crossed, hoping for 1,2 or 3. If we pick 3rd, we likely trade down for additional picks/prospects - possibly even an additional 1st in the 15-20th range if Anaheim or NYR really like a player at 3.

Whilst I love Byram, I think Benning goes for a forward this year. I realize the Canucks have issues on defense but we have some decent prospects in Juolevi, Woo and Hughes, all of whom I expect to be top 4 defenseman in the league - you could also include Trymakin if he ever makes his way back. Our biggest concern is lack of scoring. We've been shut out 10 times this year and have scored less than 2 goals on 38 occasions.

My new list in terms of what I would expect/want the Canucks draft board to look like

Hughes

Kakko

Dach

Turcotte

Byram

Cozens

Zegras

Podkolzin

Boldy

Krebs

Broberg

Caufield

It would be a huge step forward for the Canucks if we could get any of the first 5. Dach/Turcotte to play with Horvat doesn't just give us an elite winger. It gives Horvat the opportunity to finally play with some elite level talent and increase his productions as well. Eventually, I would like to see Baertschi replaced with a top line LW and that would give us a lineup that would be perfect for the playoffs. (Maybe we can get Caufield, if we get an extra 1st and put him on the Pettersson/Boeser line)

Baertschi - Boeser - Pettersson

Virtanen - Horvat - Dach/Turcotte

Pearson - Gaudette - Leivo

Roussel Beagle Motte

Edited by Seannnp

55 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

First off I hope the Canucks get a 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick over all......

But more than likely, it is a 8, 9, 10

For me that is one of Krebs, Boldy, Dach or Zegras…..one or 2 of those forwards will be available

and just to make some above happy...….I think it is for Horvats line......

but it is a part of a greater picture......

I think Benning goes UFA think summer, so he gets a 1st line LWer and a 1st line RHD (Neither will be Panarin or Karlsson)

This, along with Hughes, will push down the present top pairing long term

I see Benning also drafting RHD with the next 2 picks, whether they be a late 1st and a 2nd and/or a 2nd and 3rd

Definitely Benning goes hard on a defensive repair......but pushing down Edler and Tanev, will help them out a lot, long term

As it will us!

If Dach falls that far I will go bananas. His skating for his size has improved 10 fold since last year.

Edited by hammertime
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

we need a roussel type lw’er for the pettersson line; a goal scoring rw for bo’s line and sort out the best 3rd and 4th wingers to play on the 3rd and 4th lines. 

a first pairing rd man and depth d-men.

Pretty close to my wish list, Joe. There’s always room for continued roster improvement, but fixing up those spots would be a great start.

34 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

we need a roussel type lw’er for the pettersson line; a goal scoring rw for bo’s line and sort out the best 3rd and 4th wingers to play on the 3rd and 4th lines. 

a first pairing rd man and depth d-men.

Ferland

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Pretty close to my wish list, Joe. There’s always room for continued roster improvement, but fixing up those spots would be a great start.

eventually 3 scoring lines would be great. but first we have to get 2 scoring lines. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, hammertime said:

If Dach falls that far I will go bananas. His skating for his size has improved 10 fold since last year.

All the Rankings are all over the place...…..sorta ????

Top six in some order like this

Hughes, Kakko

then

Podkolzin, Cozens, Turcotte, Byram

then

Dach, Zegras, Boldy and Krebs

It is my Guess??????? for now!

Lots of guys just below

6 Dmen and 4 centers...…..but still real random

Soderstrom, York, Newhook, Suzuki, Broberg, Robertson, Lavoie, Caulield, Seider, Hartley

You put them in order....cause they can't!

• Like 1

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

You know, Ferland plays both wings...…..

Draft a forward, preferably a LWer

And then put Ferland on Horvat's line

Here is to hoping!

I'd want Ferland riding shotgun with Petey, keeping opposing players honest

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'd want Ferland riding shotgun with Petey, keeping opposing players honest

I understand why, but he has slowed offensively, and to be honest, if that is the case maybe Lee should be considered too!

Not that I don't like Ferland, but he could be a more 2/3, than a skilled player that takes defensive pressure off of Pettersson

on a regular basis. Not that I think that Lee will be a UFA, because I think he will be re-signed.

Draft skill.....hire Thugs!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I understand why, but he has slowed offensively, and to be honest, if that is the case maybe Lee should be considered too!

Not that I don't like Ferland, but he could be a more 2/3, than a skilled player that takes defensive pressure off of Pettersson

on a regular basis. Not that I think that Lee will be a UFA, because I think he will be re-signed.

Draft skill.....hire Thugs!

He's got 17 goals and 39 points, not too shabby for a guy riding alongside Petey making sure no one F's with him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's got 17 goals and 39 points, not too shabby for a guy riding alongside Petey making sure no one F's with him.

True....it is not that I disagree with you...…..there is just lots of choices

and any one will help as long as he has IQ....otherwise if we are just looking for a thug...……...LUCIC (not serious!)