The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If both are available at our pick: Caufield or Zegras?

Caufield is the goal scorer, but the risky part is that he is small... like very small as in the 5'6 area small.

Zegras has been ranked higher in virtually all rankings, he is 6'1 I believe and a play maker.  Button also said he reminds him of Elias Pettersson.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, stawns said:

He's got 17 goals and 39 points, not too shabby for a guy riding alongside Petey making sure no one F's with him.

Tampa has 3 guys over 90 points.

Not sure we should get that excited for a 40 point guy?

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

For me the tiers are looking like

1/2: Hughes, Kakko

3-5: Dach, Byram, Turcotte

6/7: Podkolzin, Cozens 

Then

8-13: Heinola, Krebs, Caufield, Soderstrom, Zegras, Boldy

The 8-13 could go in any order. Hard to rank.

Thats where we'll pick. I think Soderstrom should be a top consideration. Chance to add a projected Top4 (potentially top pair) RHD. Would be a great fit for us. 

I can see the Coil trading their pick for a top pairing Dman

7 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

What do you think about trading Juolevi to the Habs for their 1st round pick if Moritz Seider is still there during the draft?  The Habs love Fins.  Maybe the Canucks have soured on Juolevi and have more LD depth.  Does Seider have Juolevi upside?  

That would be about the dumbest move to make.

8 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

What do you think about trading Juolevi to the Habs for their 1st round pick if Moritz Seider is still there during the draft?  The Habs love Fins.  Maybe the Canucks have soured on Juolevi and have more LD depth.  Does Seider have Juolevi upside?  

Juolevi was a top 5 pick and was playing quite well in Utica. Only way I see us moving Juolevi is if we get Byram and even then I think it would be for an impact forward or as part of a package for a right D. 

Im not sure if this has been talked about but what about moving our pick for a young rhd on a rebuilding team. Thats assuming we pick around 10-12. 

A couple names come to mind.

Rasmus Ristolainen

Damon Severson

We'd be very lucky if this pick turned into a player of these two's caliber. We also wouldnt have to wait a possible 4 years for development. 

Im just spit-balling here. Curious to hear some feedback.

Our D could look like this in a few years

Hughes Ristolainen/severson

OJ stetcher

edler woo

I think thats enough to be competitive. 

This is assuming tanev walks or is traded. Also these are not pairing or a depth chart. simply separated the rights and lefts of our would be top 6.

Edited by 73 Percent

9 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Caufield is the goal scorer, but the risky part is that he is small... like very small as in the 5'6 area small.

Zegras has been ranked higher in virtually all rankings, he is 6'1 I believe and a play maker.  Button also said he reminds him of Elias Pettersson.  

I think Zegras is around 5'11. Doesnt look 6'1. And doesnt really play any bigger than Caufield does from what ive seen.

Button is really exaggerating that comp imo. Zegras is alot quicker than Pettersson, & hes a great playmaker. Doesnt have a good shot & not as good defensively. (Also doesnt go to the net as much imo). Looks like Jack Hughes when u watch him. Id say Jack Hughes lite or Keller with a lesser shot is a better styleistically. Don't see petey myself.

9 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Caufield if looking for a goal scorer and Zegras as a puck distributor.  Both excellent choices.

Who would u rank higher in general?

Ive been a bit down on Zegras, but upon reflection I kinda see him being a winger rather than a C. And with his playmaking skills he could pile up assists. 

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

Juolevi was a top 5 pick and was playing quite well in Utica. Only way I see us moving Juolevi is if we get Byram and even then I think it would be for an impact forward or as part of a package for a right D. 

In that scenario, I'd still rather move Hutton (+). Likely has both more current value and a lower potential ceiling.

16 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Im not sure if this has been talked about but what about moving our pick for a young rhd on a rebuilding team. Thats assuming we pick around 10-12. 

Rasmus Ristolainen

Damon Severson

We'd be very lucky if this pick turned into a player of these two's caliber. We also wouldnt have to wait a possible 4 years for development. 

OJ stetcher

edler woo

This is assuming tanev walks or is traded. Also these are not pairing or a depth chart. simply separated the rights and lefts of our would be top 6.

We likely wouldn't get someone as proven as Risto/Severson (either would be nice though) but I'd far rather see if we could package some combo of Hutton/Demko/Sutter (retained?)/ Tanev (retained?) perhaps with some of our superfluous middle 6 F depth and/or a B prospect for any additional D and keep our 1st.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Rasmus Ristolainen

Damon Severson

OJ stetcher

edler woo

I would do Rasmus Ristolainen, but not Damon Severson would rather take my chances to get a star player. 

9 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

I’ve heard it speculated that every eligible kid on the USNTDP this year could be picked. Crazy stuff.

I will be amazed if we don't pick at least 1.

Some of the guys buried behind the top end talent could be very valuable sleeper picks.