The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jeff Skinner turned down multiple trades

Rush17

7 hours ago, gobi said:

That doesn't make much sense to me. Why not ask Skinner where he's willing to go to first before spending all that effort on a trade only to be turned down by the player. Especially if it happened multiple times?

Because he doesn't have to tell them anything. It's a full NMC.

21 hours ago, gobi said:

That doesn't make much sense to me. Why not ask Skinner where he's willing to go to first before spending all that effort on a trade only to be turned down by the player. Especially if it happened multiple times?

I imagine it's a "hey, so and so called and offered us a deal for you. Willing to go?" and he's said no. I doubt they are calling guys, working out deals, then asking him. Cause that's dumb.

I just dont see how Carolina gets anything close to what Skinner is worth to them on the ice. The timing of trying to dump him really cant be any worse. One year out from UFA payday, injury history, full NMC. I mean, I get that this new owner is a bit of a Melnyk-esque meddling clown but come on.

9 hours ago, teepain said:

Tbh i think skinner would be scary to trade for, that injury track record yikes.

plus he will want a long term deal tied up on being sidelined. Then people will be complaining about how we didnt use the money well

He's played 70+ games in the last 5 years. He's played fewer than 60 games ONCE in his 8 year career. If his injury track record scares you than Tanev better downright terrify you cause he's lucky to hit 60 games, Skinner is damn near guaranteed to give you at least 60 games. I think people are worrying too much about his concussions. But he doesn't miss a ton of games, nowhere near as much as Tanev. People are severely underrating Skinner. 20-30 goal scorer on a piss poor team that has never been able to give him any decent linemates, plays way more than people give him credit for. 26 years old.

I don't understand why they are shopping him honestly, other than trying to save some money. They realize they only drafted one Svechnikov right? Right now, without adding any prospects, their top 6 wingers are Di Giuseppe, Aho, Ferlund, and Justin Williams. Replace Williams with Svechnikov but then what? They don't have center depth to move TT to the wing I don't think. If I am Carolina I want to see Skinner and Svechnikov together. With Staal that might be a pretty legit line. Even their fans don't really want to see Skinner gone, then again maybe adding Svechnikov loosened them up a bit, but they knew they were getting him for months now.

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

He's played 70+ games in the last 5 years. He's played fewer than 60 games ONCE in his 8 year career. If his injury track record scares you than Tanev better downright terrify you cause he's lucky to hit 60 games, Skinner is damn near guaranteed to give you at least 60 games. I think people are worrying too much about his concussions. But he doesn't miss a ton of games, nowhere near as much as Tanev. People are severely underrating Skinner. 20-30 goal scorer on a piss poor team that has never been able to give him any decent linemates, plays way more than people give him credit for. 26 years old.

I don't understand why they are shopping him honestly, other than trying to save some money. They realize they only drafted one Svechnikov right? Right now, without adding any prospects, their top 6 wingers are Di Giuseppe, Aho, Ferlund, and Justin Williams. Replace Williams with Svechnikov but then what? They don't have center depth to move TT to the wing I don't think. If I am Carolina I want to see Skinner and Svechnikov together. With Staal that might be a pretty legit line. Even their fans don't really want to see Skinner gone, then again maybe adding Svechnikov loosened them up a bit, but they knew they were getting him for months now.

So your saying tanev for skinner is a good deal for the canucks

23 minutes ago, teepain said:

So your saying tanev for skinner is a good deal for the canucks

Thankfully, I highly doubt Benning would give that type of trade any thought at all. The last thing the Canucks need to is trade our best Dman for another small buttery soft winger. We have enough up and coming smaller skilled guys already who will play on their ELCs.

We keep Tanev so he can play with either Hughes or Olli and help them as they adjust. Or trade Tanev for a package that actually makes sense for the Canucks imo.

Archived