The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

12 hours ago, TGT68 said:

I think I hear you making a really good case for why the team owner would want to move the team to somewhere that they own the surrounding property and the arena.  Because what I hear in your atmosphere is "fan experience" which does little for the players but the team owner sees beer $$$ they don't get, food $$$$ they don't get etc etc   

And that will be why we can't win a cup.

On August 20, 2018 at 5:28 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He has done a great job covering the Comets, for us Canuck fans who don't see a whole lot of the Comets and the players besides highlights, he has done well to help us stay informed.

The Comets should be one of the best teams in the AHL this season. Last year comets took AHL champs Marlies to game 5 of the best of five in the first round..With so many very good young prospect playing there first full season, Dahlen, Gaudette, Jasek, Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu, Juolevi The Coments will be exciting to follow.

Just now, wildcam said:

The Comets should be one of the best teams in the AHL this season. Last year comets took AHL champs Marlies to game 5 of the best of five in the first round..With so many very good young prospect playing there first full season, Dahlen, Gaudette, Jasek, Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu, Juolevi The Coments will be exciting to follow.

UGH... Comets...lol

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Expecting Palmu, Jasek, and Juolevi/Gaudette (if they start there) to come strong out of the gate, but others like Gadjovich, Lind and possibly Dahlen to have an adjustment period before becoming regular contributors.  D should be better with Brisebois, Sautner, McEneny, and Chatfield all veterans now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

For sure I was very happy with the team pushing the Marlies back as far as they did. They absolutely tore through the next 2 rounds, I think won both 4-0. Then went 4-3 against texas stars at the end. I could only imagine how far the Comets would have went if they didn't get matched up against the Marlies in the 1st round!

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

For sure I was very happy with the team pushing the Marlies back as far as they did. They absolutely tore through the next 2 rounds, I think won both 4-0. Then went 4-3 against texas stars at the end. I could only imagine how far the Comets would have went if they didn't get matched up against the Marlies in the 1st round!

I am hoping for a playoff rematch this year... I expect the outcome could be much different, especially with so many good prospects joining the Utica team this coming season.

• Upvote 1

Comets finally have a favorable schedule starting home and ending home with less 3 in 3s in the final half than any previous schedule but you'd think the league could have thrown in at least 1 western division team. We have the Crunch 12, Amerks 9, Marlies 8, Devils 7...etc.  Need to win back the Galaxy Cup from the Crunch too. LOL  We will break St Johns regular season sellouts this year too. Running on 133 consecutive sellouts but that includes playoffs dating back to Calder Cup run.  Gonna be interesting season.  Can't wait until October 5 with Marlies first up at home.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Utica, N.Y. – Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club has signed forward Brendan Woods and defenseman Jesse Graham to one-year AHL contracts.

Graham, 24, spent the 2017-18 season with the San Antonio Rampage where he registered 21 points (4-17-21) in 46 games.

The 6-0, 185-pound defenseman has dressed in 221 career games between the AHL and ECHL, racking up 118 points (22-96-118) with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, San Antonio Rampage, Florida Everblades, and Kansas City Mavericks.

The Oshawa, Ontario native was drafted in the sixth round, 155th overall by the New York Islanders in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Woods, 26, skated in 14 games with the Comets last season, netting four points (2-2-4).

The Humboldt, Saskatchewan native has skated in 216 professional games, totaling 68 points (32-36-68) between the Comets, Charlotte Checkers, and Carolina Hurricanes.

Woods was selected by the Carolina Hurricanes in the fifth round, 129th overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

For those who want to watch Comets games this year the AHL is changing streaming service partners.  Less than half the price that AHL Live used to charge and a promise of higher quality streams.

I can't imagine they could possibly offer lower quality than what they were offering before.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

For those who want to watch Comets games this year the AHL is changing streaming service partners.  Less than half the price that AHL Live used to charge and a promise of higher quality streams.

Available at theahl.com/AHLTV, AHLTV will feature live streaming of every AHL game in high definition on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile devices, as well as over-the-top (OTT) platforms such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and Android TV. AHLTV subscriptions, which include live and archived games, will begin at just $79.99 (US) for the entire 2018-19 regular season. 

2018-19 Regular Season Subscription Packages  
           (All prices USD)

All teams, all games -- $79.99
One team, all games -- $59.99
One team, home or away -- $39.99
All games, one month -- $19.99
All games, one day -- $6.99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:
Available at theahl.com/AHLTV, AHLTV will feature live streaming of every AHL game in high definition on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile devices, as well as over-the-top (OTT) platforms such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and Android TV. AHLTV subscriptions, which include live and archived games, will begin at just $79.99 (US) for the entire 2018-19 regular season. 

(All prices USD)

That's a very reasonable price if the quality is there. Thanks for sharing! 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

(All prices USD)

That's amazing. The package for one team's entire season (76 games) is less than what I paid for a 10-game package last year. Most likely copping that even if it means I won't be able to watch all of them, that's an insane deal.

• Like 1