The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

You get linds in hopes that utica can develop him to a top 9 nhler. That's where utica comes in. Development. Which clearly isnt their strong suit.

I love these posts both here and on Twitter.  The narrative that Utica can't develop prospects.  If this narrative is true then statement should be that Vancouver can't develop prospects.  Let's keep in mind for accuracy sake the following.

The Vancouver Canucks hired all three coaches on the Comets bench plus the video coach and goalie coaching consultant.

The Vancouver Canucks hired all of the training staff.

The Vancouver Canucks hired the Comets GM and Director of Hockey Operations.

The Vancouver Canucks signed every player on the Comets roster from the PTOs to the NHL contracted players.

But the narrative that the Canucks are poor at developing prospects doesn't sound as good as blaming Utica in this forum or with the click bait Vancouver media.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

I love these posts both here and on Twitter.  The narrative that Utica can't develop prospects.  If this narrative is true then statement should be that Vancouver can't develop prospects.  Let's keep in mind for accuracy sake the following.

The Vancouver Canucks hired all three coaches on the Comets bench plus the video coach and goalie coaching consultant.

The Vancouver Canucks signed every player on the Comets roster from the PTOs to the NHL contracted players.

But the narrative that the Canucks are poor at developing prospects doesn't sound as good as blaming Utica in this forum or with the click bait Vancouver media.

Media blows everything out of proportion, from poor development to over hyping a player with minimal NHL experience. Media is just a joke, not sure how some of them still collect a pay cheque every 2 weeks from their employer, or why they bother paying them...there are too many!

There are Homers that say we can't develop and then there are Homers who think we have drafted elitely great under GM JB. Fact is all those top 7 picks should pan out, I am waiting for NON 1st round picks to blossom into excellent, productive NHL players like other teams who re having success have been able to do.

Canucks have a few great young players, but this team still has MANY glaring holes if they want to compete for and win a cup

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Fyi i know all that and when i say utica i mean that as in us as well. You are us lol. We are you.  Your coaching sucks. Meaning our depth coaching sucks.

So yes WE suck as an organization at developing MID and LOWER end prospects.

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Fyi i know all that and when i say utica i mean that as in us as well. You are us lol. We are you.  Your coaching sucks. Meaning our depth coaching sucks.

So yes WE suck as an organization at developing MID and LOWER end prospects.

Yes.  We are all Canucks!

IMG_20190330_175917_401.jpg

Don't really know how anyone can develop any young talent when their are glaring holes in the comets lineup.

Playmaking centers are a key component in any level of play. Without them at this level is a disaster. 

It continues to plague the youngsters and will not change until management corrects it.

Your not going to develop top 6 wingers with the centers in Utica. 

Another clunker. 2-6 vs Crunch.  Malone the only highlight with the first PP goal.  Mazanec shouldn't start in the ECHL let alone AHL.  Absolute disaster in the net.  At least Kulbakov was competitive.  Friend of mine Crunch season ticket holder watched the game and said he should have been pulled in the 1st.  Comets 1/8 and Crunch 3/6 on PP.  Very rough game.

10 hours ago, UTICANUCK said:

Look at the roster of the best team in the NHL and more than half the roster earned its way via Syracuse of the AHL.  Tampa also makes smart non-draft signings like Barre-Boulet.  Our non-draft signings are sucking in the ECHL.

That's because several of Tampa's best players were late picks. No one expects them to light it up right away, so of course they'd go to the AHL first.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Just noticed the additions of Woo, Eliot, and Vanderlan to the Comets roster; Woo and Vanderlan to ATO's and Eliot assigned by the Canucks. Might as well have a look at a few prospects as the Comets season is closing fast.

And Woo left practice early today with an apparent injury.  Welcome to Utica!

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, I often wonder if it’s just a cost thing and they don’t think they’ll get to viewership. Seems like a no brainer to throw a few games on one of the channels here every year.

Even 6-12 games would do

On 4/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, I often wonder if it’s just a cost thing and they don’t think they’ll get to viewership. Seems like a no brainer to throw a few games on one of the channels here every year.

Honestly you are dead on, BC should get ALL Utica games in my opinion. The CRAP they have on countless channels instead is a joke. Would be great to have the ability to watch them on tv!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Dropped them with Sestito!?  What a beaut

Just to have a guy willing to do that is everything. He got handled by Sestito, but good for him!

I think this guy has shown he deserves a real gud look in training camp. Considering Canucks mandate to get young, bigger and harder to play against then I want this guy.

A Virtanen-Gaudette-MacEwen line would be fun to watch!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/4/2019 at 7:53 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Honestly you are dead on, BC should get ALL Utica games in my opinion. The CRAP they have on countless channels instead is a joke. Would be great to have the ability to watch them on tv!

I'd watch them!!Be cool to see what's happening there development wise first hand!