The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Makenna will be back on waivers when one of Philly's goalies is back, then Van gets him back and can send him down.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flyers

Quite obviously. Philly has 5 goalies and we will get McKenna back from waivers once one of those injured goalies comes back. Neuvirth is day to day so it could be very soon. How this is a big deal to anyone is beyond belief.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

COMETS SIGN ALEX SAKELLAROPOULOS TO A PTO

Jan 4, 2019

Utica, N.Y. – Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club has signed goaltender Alex Sakellaropoulos to a professional tryout contract.

Sakellaropoulos, 24, has appeared in 18 games with Adirondack Thunder this season and holds a 10-3-3 record, a 2.46 goals-against average, and a .920 save percentage.

Prior to turning pro, the Tinley Park, Illinois native played four seasons at Union College, playing in 80 games and finishing with a career record of 40-22-13.

CANUCKS RECALL DEMKO FROM THE COMETS

Jan 4, 2019

Utica, N.Y. Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled goaltender Thatcher Demko from the Utica Comets.

Demko, 23, has a record of 8-5-1 along with a .911 save percentage and 2.58 GAA in 16 games played with the Comets this season. The third-year netminder has appeared in 107 career games with the Comets, holding a record of 55-35-12, a 2.56 goals-against average, a .915 save percentage and three shutouts. Additionally, he won his lone NHL start last season, making 30 saves to help the Canucks defeat Columbus 5-4 on March 31.

The San Diego, California, native is the Comets all-time leader in career and single-season wins.

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Nice, looking forward to see the Comets. Got the game recording set up. Hoping Lind, Gadj, Jasek will all be in the line up

Yes, want to see all three. Playing right now and only Lind is in the line-up ! ( up 4-0 in the 2nd )

Interesting pairing was the D line of Colton Saucerman and Craig Wyszomirski who are both on PTO's from the ECHL Manchester Monarchs. Saucerman was more proactive with his wingman this game although Wyszomirski was out of place on the second Cleveland goal and left a Monster wide open for the cross and tap in. Other than that lapse they held up pretty well.

How did Dahlen play?

A line of Dahlen, Gaudette Lind  would be a line I hope Utica tries out at some point. I know they are all AHL rookies but thats the future of the Canucks and they all have skill. You only get better and learn from playing more and making mistakes and having tougher match ups to play against

11 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

How did Dahlen play?

A line of Dahlen, Gaudette Lind  would be a line I hope Utica tries out at some point. I know they are all AHL rookies but thats the future of the Canucks and they all have skill. You only get better and learn from playing more and making mistakes and having tougher match ups to play against

In my opinion they'd be better off having each of them play with some sort of a veteran presence, to help them improve and learn the nuances of playing pro hockey.