The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Burrows

Hopefully the Canucks can give this man a front office job. It doesn't matter what, he can do anything be it, player development, PR or even goalie coach......It doesn't matter, just get him back in the fold.

49 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'd love to have Burrows back in the organization....just not as a player at this point.

Also, not to be that guy, but it's pretty hard to argue the Canucks didn't hands-down win that trade now.

I think he's still a better option than almost anyone we could throw on the 4th line

And it'd be a nice sendoff compared to being traded at the deadline

#BringBacktheDragonslayer

I would sign him for a PTO if no one else gets him and see if he is worth another year. I would also ask him if he was interested in a 2 way contract to avoid all that. 

Also, for those asking about his jersey being retired need to just stop. If the Canucks kept retiring numbers for every good player they had, there would be no numbers left for active players to wear on the ice.

He can barely keep up anymore. What made him good was his tenacity on the forecheck and ability to create plays from hustling. His foot speed has diminished. Let's move forwards and forget about the past. 

18 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I would sign him for a PTO if no one else gets him and see if he is worth another year. I would also ask him if he was interested in a 2 way contract to avoid all that. 

Also, for those asking about his jersey being retired need to just stop. If the Canucks kept retiring numbers for every good player they had, there would be no numbers left for active players to wear on the ice.

No kidding, eh. If the Canucks ever won a cup the players would have to switch to a number/letter combination or something.

7 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Let's create a job called "Locker Room Guy" and bring him back. He'll be the gel without being on the roster. Canucks are set to hire me as "Idea Man" as well.

We all love Burrows, and rightly so.  He's a great Canuck.  Could he come back like Linden did, and actually help us?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We all love Burrows, and rightly so.  He's a great Canuck.  Could he come back like Linden did, and actually help us?

I think the team has moved on. That said I wouldn't lose sleep over a one year deal for him.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but he could be a player development coach. The guy is the perfect example of hard work and dedication, and that experience could be beneficial to any young player coming into the system.

Who knows what else he's good at as well. Down the line, he could be a scout, a media member, a coach, or maybe something else. It's hard to tell what he's capable of at this stage.

1 hour ago, Keenan's Moustache said:

Sign him to a one day contract to retire as a Canuck, with Ring of Honor ceremony to follow shortly this season! 

This idea needs more play! Let him retire in the blue and green!

2 way deal! 

Mike Keane role for sure 

2 hours ago, tas said:

I bet he ends up on a pto with vancouver, montreal or anaheim. if that fails, I wonder if he'd be receptive to a mike keane role in utica.  

I'd love for him to retire with this organization. He bled blue and green. 

Archived