The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Burrows

4 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Man did you take the time to type that out. 

Good for you, hope that felt therapeutic.

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

When ranking all time great Canucks Alex Burrows outshines Naslund, not even close. Naslund not pass the 2nd round. Burrows a huge part in his team going to finals. Burrows and Kesler turning a team around and changing a defeatist culture. Never once saw Alex Burrows quit on the ice and I saw Naslund do that multiple times.   

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I’ve seen on these boards. 

He's got some serious skills and perseverance. Our young guys could learn a few things from him for sure. He's come through so many times at the most important time it's pretty hard to ignore. Maybe he's not a hall of famer, cup winner, or put up the most points. You cant argue that this guy didn't deliver at the right time though. I hope to see him back in some capacity, whatever that may be....

Edit.

The Sedins didn't help him on any of these ones. And there's plenty more as well that are similar.

3 hours ago, Sweathog said:

I hope no one is seriously thinking that Burrows deserves to have his number retired. He was a good player, not a great player.

Human emotion is a peculiar thing, in some it overrides everything from rationality and logic to common sense.  The countless "bring him back" posts are testament to that fact.

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

When ranking all time great Canucks Alex Burrows outshines Naslund, not even close. Naslund not pass the 2nd round. Burrows a huge part in his team going to finals. Burrows and Kesler turning a team around and changing a defeatist culture. Never once saw Alex Burrows quit on the ice and I saw Naslund do that multiple times.   

I realize that marijuana isn't legal in Canada yet, but I'll have some of what you're smoking.

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Then you obviously haven't seen Naslund play during his time in Vancouver.

32 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Then you obviously haven't seen Naslund play during his time in Vancouver.

That kid has to be 12. Anyone saying Burrows was better than Naslund has zero credibility. Naslund at one point was probably one of the best players in the entire world, it was between him and foppa. Also, Naslund played in the old NHL and he lit the lamp like nobodies business. 

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I won't get in to it with the Naslund fans. Maybe some are to young to remember how bad the club was before he and Kesler got to Van. No, Alex Burrows did not put up the points that Naslund did. But as you pointed out Naslund and Bert were brutal in the defensive side of center. There is certainly more to being a good hockey player than goal scoring. Burrows got the job done at both ends of the ice and ya he scored more than a few pretty goals. Never saw Naslund PK once in his career. 

IMHO it is all about winning the big games and creating a culture on a team that makes team mates better. Burrows was better at that than Naslund.  

dude you're high as a kite. you have ZERO credibility. 

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I won't get in to it with the Naslund fans. Maybe some are to young to remember how bad the club was before he and Kesler got to Van. No, Alex Burrows did not put up the points that Naslund did. But as you pointed out Naslund and Bert were brutal in the defensive side of center. There is certainly more to being a good hockey player than goal scoring. Burrows got the job done at both ends of the ice and ya he scored more than a few pretty goals. Never saw Naslund PK once in his career. 

IMHO it is all about winning the big games and creating a culture on a team that makes team mates better. Burrows was better at that than Naslund.  

I agree with almost everything you said, but Burrows better than Naslund? 

That is just sad you believe that

Archived