The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Shooter in Custody] The Price of Freedom Hits Maryland Newsroom, Thoughts and Prayers En Route

Warhippy

16 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Incidentally, I was going to offer my thoughts and prayers, but then I saw the thread title, so now I'm going to do nothing, since apparently there's a right and wrong way to offer condolences. 

The unfortunate truth is "thoughts and prayers" have become political shorthand for "we ain't doing ****" in America. 

Any new updates?

A formerly disgruntled employee?  Someone who had a bad breakup with the victims?  A crazy out to attack the MSM?  The owner and operator of the restaurant "Aloha Snackbar"?  Some militia gun-nut "fighting the NWO"?  Another victim of the pharmaceutical industry?

Everyone gun related shooting is different.  To simply just go, "Hurr! Durr!  'Murica!  Mah gun rightz!" is just lazy soapboxing without any critical thought to the actual underlying issues.  Of course, it's hard to keep using the same talking points and mantra when everyone with an opinion is already entrenched.... but one thing I think everyone will agree on..... that the US is having a morality crisis where violence is the method of choice to an issue and that the value of life is at an all time low.  

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

For your disgust, Milos Yiannopoulos openly stated that he wanted people to start shooting and attacking journalists a few days ago.  I wonder who will be the first to sue him or if the US justice system will somehow find it in their time to take him to task over possibly inciting acts of this nature

http://observer.com/2018/06/milo-yiannopoulos-encourages-vigilantes-start-gunning-journalists-down/

Milo Yiannopoulos has started issuing reporters threatening messages when asked to comment for stories.

“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,” the right-wing nationalist told Observer over text message, in response to a longer feature in development about an Upper East Side restaurant he is said to frequent.

When asked to elaborate on who specifically had upset him, Yiannopoulos explained that the statement was his “standard response to a request for comment.”

Yiannopoulos also sent the message to The Daily Beast’s Will Sommer in an article examining the struggling U.K. Independence Party, which the conservative commentator is reportedly seeking to join as part of, what an Info Wars host describes as, a “soft coup” lead by nationalist figures.

Yiannopoulos posted a picture on Instagram of the veiled threat issued to Sommer, captioning it “where is the lie.”

Over the past 18 months, the provocative nationalist has seen his career implode following a Buzzfeed report linking his tenure at Breitbart to known white supremacists and neo-Nazis. After the piece’s publication, Yiannopoulos lost funding from the Mercer family, known in the political world as prominent pro-Trump megadonors, and subsequently elevated his racist rhetoric.

This past weekend, the nationalist bragged on Facebook and Instagram that he’d sent $14.88 to The New Yorker‘s former fact checker Talia Lavin. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, “The number 1488 is a combination of digits popularly used by white supremacists and neo-Nazis—14 to represent the infamous “14 Words” (a mantra about securing “a future for white children”) and 88 to represent “Heil Hitler.”

Lavin is Jewish.

You mean that lady asking people to both lawmakers in their daily lives?   That person?   

Somebody should do something about the neighbors,I think they really could use some help.

Maybe change some of their medications.

Or better yet, how about calling out the liars they have as politicians and vote they seek mental help.

Starting with Jeff Sessions that guy can't remember anything,then take Donald to the asylum where he belongs.

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

Any new updates?

A formerly disgruntled employee?  Someone who had a bad breakup with the victims?  A crazy out to attack the MSM?  The owner and operator of the restaurant "Aloha Snackbar"?  Some militia gun-nut "fighting the NWO"?  Another victim of the pharmaceutical industry?

Everyone gun related shooting is different.  To simply just go, "Hurr! Durr!  'Murica!  Mah gun rightz!" is just lazy soapboxing without any critical thought to the actual underlying issues.  Of course, it's hard to keep using the same talking points and mantra when everyone with an opinion is already entrenched.... but one thing I think everyone will agree on..... that the US is having a morality crisis where violence is the method of choice to an issue and that the value of life is at an all time low.  

The US is a morality crisis.

4 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Somebody should do something about the neighbors,I think they really could use some help.

Maybe change some of their medications.

Or better yet, how about calling out the liars they have as politicians and vote they seek mental help.

Starting with Jeff Sessions that guy can't remember anything,then take Donald to the asylum where he belongs.

Too many old white Christians. 

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Incidentally, I was going to offer my thoughts and prayers, but then I saw the thread title, so now I'm going to do nothing, since apparently there's a right and wrong way to offer condolences. 

You are here so you are thinking about it

The 47 mass shootings in the last 3.5 months filled with thoughts and prayers prove your gods are not listening.

Just covering your bases for ya

58 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You mean that lady asking people to both lawmakers in their daily lives?   That person?   

You mean that duly elected representative stating people can and should be bothering their elected public representatives of the people?

Ya sure.  Her.  

And not the guy who openly stated he hoped vigilantes killed journalists

Excuse me while i shake my head in wonder about how you equate that as equal to some loser white nationalist stating they hope vigilantes kill journalists for doing their jobs

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You are here so you are thinking about it

The 47 mass shootings in the last 3.5 months filled with thoughts and prayers prove your gods are not listening.

Just covering your bases for ya

God gave us free will.

That damned Maxine Walters...telling people that they should be hounding their elected representatives of the people.  So much worse than these comments...

Honestly, I wonder if there is precedent for a lawsuit where idiots have made these statements and then a horrible act like todays happened where they were held accountable

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Waiting for the facts come out.

I don’t want to look stupid, since this is an ongoing investigation.

Some people on the other hand, don’t have that problem.

Have updated the OP as far as the information allowed is concerned.

Is for all intents a local matter and appears there IS in fact history between the suspect and the publication in question.  But one cannot for a second ignore the statements made recently by some and look at this as somehow entirely seperate from each other.

Sadly, just another day in America.  The price of freedom and all

Archived