The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Shooter in Custody] The Price of Freedom Hits Maryland Newsroom, Thoughts and Prayers En Route

Warhippy

2 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

First time reading this for a while.

"How did he take action with preventing future hurricanes?" 

:lol:

The funny thing about that (besides the obvious) is that I mentioned action on Climate Change, which Obama was engaging in and the Trump administration has pretty much dismantled.

Although hurricanes are completely unpreventable, I think it's been well established that global warming has increased both their frequency and severity.

In fact, during the early days of the election campaign, I said frequently that Climate Change denial was the only thing I needed to make Hillary a better choice than Trump. I knew he was going to be a disaster in so many other ways (and said so at the time) but for me, this was the singular issue that "trumped" all other concerns.

America: Where it's legal to murder someone if they push you to the ground...<_<

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/florida-shooter-protected-by-stand-your-ground-law/ar-BBKUS5x?li=AAqARMz

A Florida man who fatally shot a father of three in an argument over parking space will not be arrested, because of the state’s “stand your ground” law, which protects people who act in self-defense.

Surveillance video of the incident shows Michael Drejka, 47, fatally shooting Markeis McGlockton, 28, in the chest, during a tussle over a disabled parking spot earlier this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived