The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nylander is a Worlds pansy, they can keep him. How dare he say Tanev is mediocre.  

I wouldn't use "mediocre" to describe Tanev. He plays a under the radar, defensively elite game that doesn't get a lot of press. That doesn't make him mediocre. If he is healthy all year last year I bet we are a much better team and his value to Toronto would be much higher. Tanev and Rielly have history of being very good together with the World Jockstrap of hockey or whatever that was called.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Leave it to a reputable media guy to be a voice of reason with just a two word tweet. Nylander had a good two years offensively for sure. But if I recall the media talked a lot about how he appeared to be in Babcock's doghouse. "One of the best young hockey players on the planet" is a bit exaggerated as well. He's one dimensional and isn't even super dominate in that regard.

24 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

It's just Kypreos being a dumb$&!#. Toronto media was furious at the proposition though:

I agree that this trade is unlikely, Nylander has put up great numbers at only 22 years old. 

But Tanev is mediocre gaddamn defenceman? Who is this guy anyways? 

16 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I wouldn't use "mediocre" to describe Tanev. He plays a under the radar, defensively elite game that doesn't get a lot of press. That doesn't make him mediocre. If he is healthy all year last year I bet we are a much better team and his value to Toronto would be much higher. Tanev and Rielly have history of being very good together with the World Jockstrap of hockey or whatever that was called.

Leave it to a reputable media guy to be a voice of reason with just a two word tweet. Nylander had a good two years offensively for sure. But if I recall the media talked a lot about how he appeared to be in Babcock's doghouse. "One of the best young hockey players on the planet" is a bit exaggerated as well. He's one dimensional and isn't even super dominate in that regard.

I agree. I don't see any team is ever going to win the Stanley cup with Nylander as #1 primary scoring option. 

If we get him, it would be for him to play on the 2nd scoring line behind Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser line.

7 minutes ago, khay said:

I agree. I don't see any team is ever going to win the Stanley cup with Nylander as #1 primary scoring option. 

If we get him, it would be for him to play on the 2nd scoring line behind Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser line.

Correct. Nylander was a no show in the playoffs. This has hurt his value IMHO. 

Archived