The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

Cool story - but you're making wild assumptions.

Wild?  Lol - i certainly don't expect you to believe me but I have reliable sources that have told me just that.   What's soo wild about the thought of Tanev not getting traded right now due to other GM's offering what Benning would not deem fair market value due to his injuries?  If that's a wild thought to you I can only imagine how crazy the rest of your life must be ;)

5 hours ago, VancouverFan said:

Yeah and a HUGE part of this is due to the Canucks not being able to get fair market value for him yet.   

12 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

Wild?  Lol - i certainly don't expect you to believe me but I have reliable sources that have told me just that. 

You have absolutely no idea what Benning has or has not been offered for Chris Tanev this summer, at the trade deadline, or before.

But, but you have 'reliable sources'......are they 'comfortable' as well?   still a cool story.

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

You have absolutely no idea what Benning has or has not been offered for Chris Tanev this summer, at the trade deadline, or before.

But, but you have 'reliable sources'......are they 'comfortable' as well?   still a cool story.

Well one thing we both know is that whatever he has been offered it hasn't been enough to trade him..........Do you really believe that Benning wouldn't have  traded Tanev if he got a good return for him?

1 minute ago, VancouverFan said:

Well one thing we both know is that whatever he has been offered it hasn't been enough to trade him..........Do you really believe that Benning wouldn't have  traded Tanev if he got a good return for him?

what was he offered?  since, apparently you know....

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

what was he offered?  since, apparently you know....

You didn't answer the question - lol - Do you really believe that Benning wouldn't have  traded Tanev if he got a good return for him?

If you wanna argue for the sake of arguing sure enjoy - I would like to think I've got more productive things to do........I clearly mentioned that it's a fact that whatever he was offered wasn't enough to trade him  - if you want to refute that I dunno what to say.    

4 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

You didn't answer the question - lol - Do you really believe that Benning wouldn't have  traded Tanev if he got a good return for him?

It's not a very good question wadr - one that has an obvious question as the answer - "what is a so-called 'good return'?

35 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

Wild?  Lol - i certainly don't expect you to believe me but I have reliable sources that have told me just that. 

Your 'reliable sources' told you what?

5 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

If you wanna argue for the sake of arguing sure enjoy -   

There is no 'argument' here.  I'm simply pointing out that you're blowing smoke - and aren't able to answer a few 'hard', actually quite easy questions if you know what you claim to.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

It's not a very good question wadr - one that has an obvious question as the answer - "what is a so-called 'good return'?

Your 'reliable sources' told you what?

Well all you appear interested in doing is arguing - lol - you should head over to HFB boards - you would fit in better over there.

Point I was trying to make (that one could reasonably grasp I would have thought) was that Benning has received offers for Tanev - as of yet none of them has yet been satisfactory for him to move him.  Part of the reason for this is that other GM's tend to be low balling him due to Tanev's injury history.   Most of this would be common sense but for some reason it has escaped you.

Anyhoo - I can't help you - best of luck - I sense more "But how do you know........." antics coming my way from you - in which case I'm good - thanks for playing though.  ;)

1 minute ago, VancouverFan said:

Well all you appear interested in doing is arguing - lol - you should head over to HFB boards - you would fit in better over there.

Point I was trying to make (that one could reasonably grasp I would have thought) was that Benning has received offers for Tanev - as of yet none of them has yet been satisfactory for him to move him.  Part of the reason for this is that other GM's tend to be low balling him due to Tanev's injury history.   Most of this would be common sense but for some reason it has escaped you.

Anyhoo - I can't help you - best of luck - I sense more "But how do you know........." antics coming my way from you - in which case I'm good - thanks for playing though.  ;)

that's what I thought.

if you have any fact, source or reality not based on blind assumption, feel free to back up your claims.

20 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

I believe JB is not trying to trade Tanev.  Other teams call, and JB listens, because that’s his job.  However, JB knows we need Tanev.  We now have Hughes, likely the best player in this draft, so why tradethe best partner possible for Hughes?  

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

I wanna hear about this reliable source, too... unless you don't have one, then it's clear why you're here as evidenced by your handle and post count.

Ok listen - I have no sources - none  - zip zilch zero........lol  feel better?   I'm simply blessed with common sense (which some posters seem to be missing..........).

If people can't figure out that Benning has received offers for Tanev but turned them down then I dunno what to say?   You actually want to tell me that Benning hasn't received any offers for Tanev?    Is this some sort of joke that you guys play on newcomers here?   I'm still waiting for someone to say "Ha!  Just kidding!"

Forget my sources - I have none - won't ever bring that up again.   Kindly exercise some common sense - then maybe we can get somewhere.......

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I believe JB is not trying to trade Tanev.  Other teams call, and JB listens, because that’s his job.  However, JB knows we need Tanev.  We now have Hughes, likely the best player in this draft, so why tradethe best partner possible for Hughes?  

This I can agree with - exactly what i was trying to convey - If he got a great offer he would probably entertain and potentially make a trade.  As of now that hasn't happened - mostly due to GM's undervaluing Tanev due to his injury history (I would have thought this was common sense stuff - you restored my faith in this board having the ability to deductively reason on things - thank-you).

If Benning isn't listening to offers for Tanev he isn't doing his job........

30 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

I clearly mentioned that its a fact that whatever he was offered wasn't enough to trade him  - if you want to refute that I dunno what to say.    

I would refute , BUT you haven't been able to back up this claim  that you know ' its a fact ' and the other tall tale ' reliable source'   the fact of the matter is GM,s  are constantly  turning down lowball offers , and its not news worthy  so lets try to make this fictitious offer news worthy ,or at the very least CDC worthy. 

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

I would refute , BUT you haven't been able to back up this claim  that you know ' its a fact ' and the other tall tale ' reliable source'   the fact of the matter is GM,s  are constantly  turning down lowball offers , and its not news worthy  so lets try to make this fictitious offer news worthy ,or at the very least CDC worthy. 

Ahhhhhh - thanks for confirming that this was all a joke that you play on new posters here.......

*sigh...........Please try to follow along..........I have no sources - none, zip, zich, zero..........But thanks for illustrating the point that I was trying to make (even if you don't realize that you illustrated it).

4 minutes ago, VancouverFan said:

Ahhhhhh - thanks for confirming that this was all a joke that you play on new posters here.......

*sigh...........Please try to follow along..........I have no sources - none, zip, zich, zero..........But thanks for illustrating the point that I was trying to make (even if you don't realize that you illustrated it).

what do you want/expect? TANEV  hasn't been traded and it MUST mean offers weren't enough.  that is to say that there was even an offer? BUT APPERANTLY YOUR THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS ITS FACTUAL. and to quote you once more ' I clearly mentioned that its a fact ':blink:  enough of me getting caught up in your ramblings. welcome to CDC , and your absolutely right  were all conspiring against new poster's.

1 hour ago, VancouverFan said:

This I can agree with - exactly what i was trying to convey - If he got a great offer he would probably entertain and potentially make a trade.  As of now that hasn't happened - mostly due to GM's undervaluing Tanev due to his injury history (I would have thought this was common sense stuff - you restored my faith in this board having the ability to deductively reason on things - thank-you).

If Benning isn't listening to offers for Tanev he isn't doing his job........

I think it's all pretty common sense, I'll give you that. However, in terms of common sense goes, management may have a completely different view than us fans when it comes to trading Tanev, or any roster move for that matter.

Benning has made tons of unpopular moves during his tenure as GM. Some moves just plain sucked and some of them have him coming out looking pretty damn good. So I don't doubt that JB has received offers on Tanev. It's very likely that he's received a handful of different offers. But he's never been in any rush to trade Tanev, as we all know how valubale he is to the team.

As a fan, it's easy for us to say "trade everyone!". But JB doesn't want us to become the laughing stock of the league and nor should he. So he may very well have received a fair offer, as far as market value is concerned, but he clearly hasn't gotten that WOW offer. Plus it's not like he has to trade Tanev, he's still under contract and we have literally had zero young defenders knocking in the door, ready to replace him. Also, he was dealing from a position of weekness at the TDL, given Tanev's injuries at the time. It's pretty safe to assume that may have affected the offers JB was getting at that time and may continue to until Tanev shows he can string some more games together. I mean, how often do you hear about injured players getting traded?

These are all of the reasons (IMO) that Chris Tanev is still a Canuck. Sure, JB is taking a risk by not pulling the trigger. For all we know, Tanev may have been at peak value about a year ago. On the flip side of things, JB might have us all fooled and Tanev has a career year next year, while we flip him at the deadline for a ransom. I guess we'll see, won't we?

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I think it's all pretty common sense, I'll give you that. However, in terms of common sense goes, management may have a completely different view than us fans when it comes to trading Tanev, or any roster move for that matter.

Benning has made tons of unpopular moves during his tenure as GM. Some moves just plain sucked and some of them have him coming out looking pretty damn good. So I don't doubt that JB has received offers on Tanev. It's very likely that he's received a handful of different offers. But he's never been in any rush to trade Tanev, as we all know how valubale he is to the team.

As a fan, it's easy for us to say "trade everyone!". But JB doesn't want us to become the laughing stock of the league and nor should he. So he may very well have received a fair offer, as far as market value is concerned, but he clearly hasn't gotten that WOW offer. Plus it's not like he has to trade Tanev, he's still under contract and we have literally had zero young defenders knocking in the door, ready to replace him. Also, he was dealing from a position of weekness at the TDL, given Tanev's injuries at the time. It's pretty safe to assume that may have affected the offers JB was getting at that time and may continue to until Tanev shows he can string some more games together. I mean, how often do you hear about injured players getting traded?

These are all of the reasons (IMO) that Chris Tanev is still a Canuck. Sure, JB is taking a risk by not pulling the trigger. For all we know, Tanev may have been at peak value about a year ago. On the flip side of things, JB might have us all fooled and Tanev has a career year next year, while we flip him at the deadline for a ransom. I guess we'll see, won't we?

Yes well I don't know about you but i am not feeling incredibly confident in Tanev's ability to stay healthy - the time to trade him would most likely be the TDL - that's assuming he is healthy - which is a huge question mark at this point.  Optimally from a value stand point we would have gotten a lot more of a return for him a season or 2 ago.

Management unfortunately hasn't shown the ability to sell high on any of our players (Although at least getting rid of Hansen when we did was somewhat of a victory - even if it was perhaps a small one at that).  I really don't think we could have gotten a 1st for Tanev before last draft - that's how much I tend to think his market value has dropped.    The only way it's going to significantly increase is if he stays healthy - which as mentioned is a big if.

Archived