The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

43 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Sure we can add him but what happens to our other prospects when they need new contracts.  We can only suppport so many big $$ contracts.

Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Juolevi, Demko are all going to get paid eventually.

That's not even including: Lind, Gadjovich, future first pair right d man. Tryamkin. Etc

Understood.  Not all of our blue chip prospects are going to excel right away, or ever for that matter, and they won't all be requiring long term high dollar contracts after their ELC's.  Some of them may be bridge deals.  I think that we can only hope to be in a situation that we have so much young talent that we can't afford it all.  If that's the case we make deals to fill holes and needs with younger lower cost players or acquire high picks.  I think teams can work with a number of 7-8 million dollar contracts as long as you don`t have any other awful ones on the books.  Once you are 10+ and a few deals, things get much tighter in a hurry.  I don't think we have any $10 million players at this point.  

If you are going to build the team through the draft with high picks and young talent, I think you have to see it through.  I feel that the Leafs are making a huge error with Tavares that will result in them unloading quality young players  and throwing their cap way out of whack.  It also ties their hands when they try to fix that attrocious D.

With all of  that said, I don`t feel that there is any way that TO deals Nylander for a package surrounding Tanev.

6 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Baertchi Horvat Boeser 

Eriksson Nylander Pettersson

Gaudette Sutter Virtanen 

Leipsic Beagle Reaves 

Edler Stetcher 

Del Zotto Gudbranson 

Juolevi Hughes 

Hutton

Trade Granlund + Goldobin 

or Granlund + Baertchi 

I actually like this lol.

13 minutes ago, Qwags said:

*finger to temple*

Can't complain about Virtanen over Nylander if we get Nylander anyway.

What about Tanev + Virt for Nylander? I'd probably do it although I bet a good chunk of CDC wouldn't.

I don't think Benning would though. It would be admitting that he screwed up by drafting Virtanen.

2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

What about Tanev + Virt for Nylander? I'd probably do it although I bet a good chunk of CDC wouldn't.

I don't think Benning would though. It would be admitting that he screwed up by drafting Virtanen.

what are you trying to accomplish with that trade? 

4 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Understood.  Not all of our blue chip prospects are going to excel right away, or ever for that matter, and they won't all be requiring long term high dollar contracts after their ELC's.  Some of them may be bridge deals.  I think that we can only hope to be in a situation that we have so much young talent that we can't afford it all.  If that's the case we make deals to fill holes and needs with younger lower cost players or acquire high picks.  I think teams can work with a number of 7-8 million dollar contracts as long as you don`t have any other awful ones on the books.  Once you are 10+ and a few deals, things get much tighter in a hurry.  I don't think we have any $10 million players at this point.  

If you are going to build the team through the draft with high picks and young talent, I think you have to see it through.  I feel that the Leafs are making a huge error with Tavares that will result in them unloading quality young players  and throwing their cap way out of whack.  It also ties their hands when they try to fix that attrocious D.

With all of  that said, I don`t feel that there is any way that TO deals Nylander for a package surrounding Tanev.

100% accurate.  Tavares will cost $9+ million minimum, $8.5 If a team is lucky.  Think Matthews, Marner AND Nylander all sign for less than $7 each?

Good luck

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

Virtanen is still a coin flip. Nylander would instantly become our highest scorer. 

have to disagree on that, he found his physical game again last year, got much better defensively, is very fast and can hit hard. If his hand/eye skill work this summer pays off the kids going to be a beast. I wouldn't sell low on him now. 

I think we can get Nylander out of the Leafs for Tanev+someone less valuable than Jake. 

Is Nylander really the second line center we're looking for though?

If we're trading Tanev should it not be for a young center like Reinhart or Jenner? I think Reinhart would be just as effective at center as Nylander.

8 minutes ago, billabong said:

To tor: tanev, goldobin, hutton

to van: Nylander

we fleece them...say whatever you want about nylander but he’s a still a hell of return for tanev 

We could also use Nathan Hortons salary as a trade chip. Im sure if they get Tavares they will want him off the books

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Sure we can add him but what happens to our other prospects when they need new contracts.  We can only suppport so many big $$ contracts.

Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Juolevi, Demko are all going to get paid eventually.

That's not even including: Lind, Gadjovich, future first pair right d man. Tryamkin. Etc

Oh no! Might as well do nothing in case something happens!

Just now, Lulover88 said:

this is a really complicated conversation ..  Tanev is worth a ton to us ..  Is he worth as much to the leafs ?  I just dont know ..

Yes. And the East isn’t as tough which would probably make Tanev much more durable.

Archived