• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Xbox

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nylander is a Worlds pansy, they can keep him. How dare he say Tanev is mediocre.  

just a schmuck.   real hockey people know how much Tanev can contribute

Nylander is one of those players that will put up points but doesn't bring other elements that will justify the huge contract he will demand. Would rather have Tanev and/or trade him for a more complete player.

TO media have clearly never seen Tanev play...he is a defensive stud.

Posted (edited)

Baertchi Horvat Boeser 

Eriksson Nylander Pettersson

Gaudette Sutter Virtanen 

Leipsic Beagle Reaves 

Edler Stetcher 

Del Zotto Gudbranson 

Juolevi Hughes 

Hutton

Trade Granlund + Goldobin 

or Granlund + Baertchi 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Like 1

Things getting snippy in twitterland lol.

43 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Sure we can add him but what happens to our other prospects when they need new contracts.  We can only suppport so many big $$ contracts.

Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Juolevi, Demko are all going to get paid eventually.

That's not even including: Lind, Gadjovich, future first pair right d man. Tryamkin. Etc

Understood.  Not all of our blue chip prospects are going to excel right away, or ever for that matter, and they won't all be requiring long term high dollar contracts after their ELC's.  Some of them may be bridge deals.  I think that we can only hope to be in a situation that we have so much young talent that we can't afford it all.  If that's the case we make deals to fill holes and needs with younger lower cost players or acquire high picks.  I think teams can work with a number of 7-8 million dollar contracts as long as you don`t have any other awful ones on the books.  Once you are 10+ and a few deals, things get much tighter in a hurry.  I don't think we have any $10 million players at this point.  

If you are going to build the team through the draft with high picks and young talent, I think you have to see it through.  I feel that the Leafs are making a huge error with Tavares that will result in them unloading quality young players  and throwing their cap way out of whack.  It also ties their hands when they try to fix that attrocious D.

With all of  that said, I don`t feel that there is any way that TO deals Nylander for a package surrounding Tanev.

6 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Baertchi Horvat Boeser 

Eriksson Nylander Pettersson

Gaudette Sutter Virtanen 

Leipsic Beagle Reaves 

Edler Stetcher 

Del Zotto Gudbranson 

Juolevi Hughes 

Hutton

Trade Granlund + Goldobin 

or Granlund + Baertchi 

I actually like this lol.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Qwags said:

*finger to temple*

Can't complain about Virtanen over Nylander if we get Nylander anyway.

What about Tanev + Virt for Nylander? I'd probably do it although I bet a good chunk of CDC wouldn't.

I don't think Benning would though. It would be admitting that he screwed up by drafting Virtanen.

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

What about Tanev + Virt for Nylander? I'd probably do it although I bet a good chunk of CDC wouldn't.

I don't think Benning would though. It would be admitting that he screwed up by drafting Virtanen.

what are you trying to accomplish with that trade? 

4 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Understood.  Not all of our blue chip prospects are going to excel right away, or ever for that matter, and they won't all be requiring long term high dollar contracts after their ELC's.  Some of them may be bridge deals.  I think that we can only hope to be in a situation that we have so much young talent that we can't afford it all.  If that's the case we make deals to fill holes and needs with younger lower cost players or acquire high picks.  I think teams can work with a number of 7-8 million dollar contracts as long as you don`t have any other awful ones on the books.  Once you are 10+ and a few deals, things get much tighter in a hurry.  I don't think we have any $10 million players at this point.  

If you are going to build the team through the draft with high picks and young talent, I think you have to see it through.  I feel that the Leafs are making a huge error with Tavares that will result in them unloading quality young players  and throwing their cap way out of whack.  It also ties their hands when they try to fix that attrocious D.

With all of  that said, I don`t feel that there is any way that TO deals Nylander for a package surrounding Tanev.

100% accurate.  Tavares will cost $9+ million minimum, $8.5 If a team is lucky.  Think Matthews, Marner AND Nylander all sign for less than $7 each?

Good luck

• Upvote 1

To tor: tanev, goldobin, hutton

to van: Nylander

we fleece them...say whatever you want about nylander but he’s a still a hell of return for tanev 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I'd rather have Mitch Marner than Nylander.

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what are you trying to accomplish with that trade? 

Virtanen is still a coin flip. Nylander would instantly become our highest scorer. 

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

Virtanen is still a coin flip. Nylander would instantly become our highest scorer. 

have to disagree on that, he found his physical game again last year, got much better defensively, is very fast and can hit hard. If his hand/eye skill work this summer pays off the kids going to be a beast. I wouldn't sell low on him now. 

I think we can get Nylander out of the Leafs for Tanev+someone less valuable than Jake. 

• Hydration 2

Is Nylander really the second line center we're looking for though?

If we're trading Tanev should it not be for a young center like Reinhart or Jenner? I think Reinhart would be just as effective at center as Nylander.

• Hydration 2

4 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I'd rather have Mitch Marner than Nylander.

so will the Leafs 

• Hydration 1

8 minutes ago, billabong said:

To tor: tanev, goldobin, hutton

to van: Nylander

we fleece them...say whatever you want about nylander but he’s a still a hell of return for tanev 

We could also use Nathan Hortons salary as a trade chip. Im sure if they get Tavares they will want him off the books

this is a really complicated conversation ..  Tanev is worth a ton to us ..  Is he worth as much to the leafs ?  I just dont know ..

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Sure we can add him but what happens to our other prospects when they need new contracts.  We can only suppport so many big $$ contracts.

Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Juolevi, Demko are all going to get paid eventually.

That's not even including: Lind, Gadjovich, future first pair right d man. Tryamkin. Etc

Oh no! Might as well do nothing in case something happens!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lulover88 said:

this is a really complicated conversation ..  Tanev is worth a ton to us ..  Is he worth as much to the leafs ?  I just dont know ..

Yes. And the East isn’t as tough which would probably make Tanev much more durable.

Toronto would do really we'll to upgrade Nylander to Tavares, get rid of Hortons salary and add Chris Tanev on D

Thats a cup contender for sure

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2