The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OJ is certainly playing that role in Utica now. He's probably going to be the top matchup player as Hughes likely takes the "top pairing" spot but really its more of who gets more zone time. OJ will likely be the top spot starting in the d zone, Hughes on the offensive side.

I don't think we need to give up OJ, there simply aren't many potential teams to take on Nylader, and TO needs veteran D to survive the playoffs. 

I could see something more along the lines of Jake and Tanev, as much as I'd hate to lose Jake that would be one scary top 6. 

There are very few occasions when a team may benefit from taking 2 lesser players for a better one.

The Leafs are in this rare position....They don't need/can't afford another high salaried fwd.

I just think Nylander is too good a fit not to seriously explore.

Plus I think he'd love it here...

2 RH wingers to go w/Bo and EP (LHs) would make us a playoff contender by next yr IMO...with winning comes optimism.

Tell me playing along EP/WN  or Bo/BB wouldn't be attractive for a FA.

EP has changed the near term for this team..Bo and Brock are entering their prime quickly...

When will be our next chance to acquire a 22-23 yr old top 6 Winger ?

If something could be done starting around Juolevi...would do it in a heartbeat.

As I would our 2020 1st...just don't think would interest Leafs.

35 minutes ago, martybyrd said:

There are very few occasions when a team may benefit from taking 2 lesser players for a better one.

The Leafs are in this rare position....They don't need/can't afford another high salaried fwd.

I just think Nylander is too good a fit not to seriously explore.

Plus I think he'd love it here...

2 RH wingers to go w/Bo and EP (LHs) would make us a playoff contender by next yr IMO...with winning comes optimism.

Tell me playing along EP/WN  or Bo/BB wouldn't be attractive for a FA.

EP has changed the near term for this team..Bo and Brock are entering their prime quickly...

When will be our next chance to acquire a 22-23 yr old top 6 Winger ?

If something could be done starting around Juolevi...would do it in a heartbeat.

As I would our 2020 1st...just don't think would interest Leafs.

Yup. The Leafs are in win now mode. Futures are nice but the Leafs need to improve today if they're going to consider trading WN. It's gotta be either Edler or Tanev and I just don't see Edler waiving, especially to a hockey mad house like Toronto. I think Tampa would be a much more appealing destination for him if he were to ever waive. Tanev and Lind, take it or leave it. I don't think they'll get any offers better than that (that includes a defensman as good as Tanev is currently).

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

We need Virtanen's speed and overall strength. I like Nylander, but I think we have a good mix building of talent and speed and grit.

I'm thinking that we might be able to replace some of that by committee with Gaudette, Motte and maybe Lind down the road. F depth talent is something we have a little bit of now. 

Nylander-Bo-Boeser

Dahlen-EP-Goldy 

could do a lot of damage. 

On 2018-10-18 at 1:05 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm thinking that we might be able to replace some of that by committee with Gaudette, Motte and maybe Lind down the road. F depth talent is something we have a little bit of now. 

Nylander-Bo-Boeser

Dahlen-EP-Goldy 

could do a lot of damage. 

BÄRTSCHI - HORVAT - BOESER

GOLDOBIN - PETTERSSON - NYLANDER

51 minutes ago, Me_ said:

BÄRTSCHI - HORVAT - BOESER

GOLDOBIN - PETTERSSON - NYLANDER

Way, WAY rather target Panarin this summer without giving up any assets and likely similar cap hits. Added bonus that adding him to Goldy might actually entice Tryamkin back as well and likely allow us to move Baer for other assets (along with say Tanev if Tryamkin indeed returned).

Panarin, Pettersson, Boeser

Goldobin Horvat, Gaudette

Roussel, Sutter, Virtanen

Schaller, Beagle, Eriksson/Granlund/Motte

Edler, Hughes

Juolevi, Gudbranson

Tryamkin, Stecher

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Way, WAY rather target Panarin this summer without giving up any assets and likely similar cap hits. Added bonus that adding him to Goldy might actually entice Tryamkin back as well and likely allow us to move Baer for other assets (along with say Tanev if Tryamkin indeed returned).

Panarin, Pettersson, Boeser

Goldobin Horvat, Gaudette

Roussel, Sutter, Virtanen

Schaller, Beagle, Eriksson/Granlund/Motte

Edler, Hughes

Juolevi, Gudbranson

Tryamkin, Stecher

Panarin is going to want 8+ easily if he has another PPG season maybe as much as 10 and term.  He’s not a spring chicken so that deal would make a statement and say rebuild over.  Can’t help but like that lineup though, he’s one of a few wingers that can actually drive a line and he manages to play almost all the games...we’d have four years of peak bread man and three declining years...if we manage to get another great pick this year (defense?) we’d be in great shape going forward...he’s going to be the best UFA this summer and the sweepstakes will be high..

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Panarin is going to want 8+ easily if he has another PPG season maybe as much as 10 and term.  He’s not a spring chicken so that deal would make a statement and say rebuild over.  Can’t help but like that lineup though, he’s one of a few wingers that can actually drive a line and he manages to play almost all the games...we’d have four years of peak bread man and three declining years...if we manage to get another great pick this year (defense?) we’d be in great shape going forward...he’s going to be the best UFA this summer and the sweepstakes will be high..

I'd rather pay $8m+ for Panarin (cash only) than $7+ for Nylander plus giving up assets.

Particularly if, like I said, it also helps lure back Tryamkin and allows us to get further rebuild assets for Tanev and Baer.

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd rather pay $8m+ for Panarin (cash only) than $7+ for Nylander plus giving up assets.

Particularly if, like I said, it also helps lure back Tryamkin and allows us to get further rebuild assets for Tanev and Baer.

I as well. But I doubt Panarin signs for 8 million. My bet is 9.5 per at least. I'm guessing he is Rangers bound on July 1st. 

Just now, rekker said:

I as well. But I doubt Panarin signs for 8 million. My bet is 9.5 per at least. I'm guessing he is Rangers bound on July 1st. 

Still rather sign Panarin for +/- $9m than Nylander at +/- $7m plus assets.

Never mind that in my little scenario there we'd also be subtracting Baer's $3.4 and Tanev's $4.5 as well (though we would obviously be adding back whatever Try costs us).

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Never mind that in my little scenario there we'd also be subtracting Baer's $3.4 and Tanev's $4.5 as well (though we would obviously be adding back whatever Try costs us).

I agree. Panarin and WN aren't even close. If we can sign the bread man do it. Recoup whatever for Baer. WN stats are padded playing with who he did. Just look at what Kapanen can do playing in his spot. Panarin just puts up points with whoever. Would love to have him here. 

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

I agree. Panarin and WN aren't even close. If we can sign the bread man do it. Recoup whatever for Baer. WN stats are padded playing with who he did. Just look at what Kapanen can do playing in his spot. Panarin just puts up points with whoever. Would love to have him here. 

As fun as it would be to add Panarin, even better, I'd rather we just keep growing our own B)

But either way, there's better options than overpaying in both assets in cap for Nylander. Not remotely interested if I'm the Canucks unless they'd have interest in a Baer + Gagner (50% retained) package for him :lol: (they won't).

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As fun as it would be to add Panarin, even better, I'd rather we just keep growing our own B)

But either way, there's better options than overpaying in both assets in cap for Nylander. Not remotely interested if I'm the Canucks unless they'd have interest in a Baer + Gagner (50% retained) package for him :lol: (they won't).

The only way I would want WN is to flip him in a three way for a young dman. It's an unlikely scenario but you never know. Maybe there is a team in the East not wanting to trade a dman to TO but would deal with us in the west in a three way. Pipe dream I suppose. 

On 10/17/2018 at 4:08 PM, martybyrd said:

Don't disagree on the D part...

But we need a Top 6 fwd and a TOP pairing Dman.

Not sure JV and OJ will ever fill those roles.

Nylander is a legit top 6 fwd in the perfect age group....aren't available often

i disagree

the easiest position to acquire in the draft is winger

center is harder

defense is more elusive/difficult to assess for draft purposes

there is no way the nucks should trade a solid high end d prospect for a winger

who is seeking a massive over payment in long term salary

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Absolutely.  Panarin has proven he’s a great player, P Kane exploded when he first came and hasn’t come close before or since.  He’s working well with a sophomore Center and guys that never scored much but now are real threats with him on the line.  Thing is CLB has basically told the team to trade him before he’s up, so it’s a big possibility he will go as a rental/possible addition, the same way as E Kane two seasons ago, and I’m sure they will look for the best deal they can get.  Maybe not though as their own playoff aspirations pin on this guy...hypothetically he’d be a great signing, one of the best ever if we can get him for free this summer..and we can afford it too..

2 hours ago, rekker said:

For the extra two million or so a year we’d get one of the best wingers in the league...WN scares  me a little although I like his durability.  Either would be great additions, but I fear  we’d heavily over pay either and it might be counterintuitive to a degree given where we are in our rebuild.  We need a 21-23 year old up and coming defenseman a lot more, and if it involves Tanev we might be sticking it to ourselves...both would be exciting, the end result is questionable though for a few reasons.

Toronto too keep Nylander, they Need him too sign a max 1yr deal with an agreement to sign a 6yr 6mil deal next off season. So it averages out equally with what Nylander wants and Toronto is willing to pay him.

it keeps his signing under the team cap long term.

Cap system you gotta be creative to keep players.

Archived