The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour - Kypreos) If Tavares chooses Toronto, chances are Nylander lands in Vancouver for Tanev

Xbox

11 minutes ago, billabong said:

To tor: tanev, goldobin, hutton

to van: Nylander

we fleece them...say whatever you want about nylander but he’s a still a hell of return for tanev 

Take out Goldobin and Hutton and you have a deal.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

have to disagree on that, he found his physical game again last year, got much better defensively, is very fast and can hit hard. If his hand/eye skill work this summer pays off the kids going to be a beast. I wouldn't sell low on him now. 

I think we can get Nylander out of the Leafs for Tanev+someone less valuable than Jake. 

and if it doesn't?

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

It's just Kypreos being a dumb$&!#. Toronto media was furious at the proposition though:

I like Wheeler, but Tanev is far from mediocre, and he's high if he thinks the Leafs don't need/want Tanev.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

have to disagree on that, he found his physical game again last year, got much better defensively, is very fast and can hit hard. If his hand/eye skill work this summer pays off the kids going to be a beast. I wouldn't sell low on him now. 

I think we can get Nylander out of the Leafs for Tanev+someone less valuable than Jake. 

We'd def be selling low on Virtanen. What's his value around the league right now? We might be hard pressed getting a 2nd round pick for him. I suppose we could offer Tanev + our 2019 2nd round pick for Nylander and a 4th rounder. That's probably pretty fair, no? I just don't see TO being interested in Beartschi, Granlund, Gaunce, Hutton etc

As far as JV goes, I hope you're right. But at this point it's just potential. 

15 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Virtanen is still a coin flip. Nylander would instantly become our highest scorer. 

No way I throw Virtanen in the deal. No way. Jake is the kind of player as soon as you trade you are looking to acquire. No way. 

Toronto aint gonna a sniff of the  cup if they dont upgrade their D  ..       No matter how hard the Toronto media try and pump their own tires ..

I know Nylander is talented but we dont need to get any softer if getting him means losing a player like Virtanen  

17 minutes ago, rekker said:

No way I throw Virtanen in the deal. No way. Jake is the kind of player as soon as you trade you are looking to acquire. No way. 

I'd like to keep him too. But in order to facilitate a trade, we would need to add a significant piece to Tanev. Like:

2019 2nd round pick

Jake Virtanen

Adam Gaudette

Michael Dipietro

Cole Lind

Jonah Gadjovich

I don't WANT to give up any of them, but just for the sake of conversation, it will likely take us adding one of those pieces and I don't think Michael Dipietro will be enough. 

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I still dont see why Tavares would gp to Toronto to be a 2nd fiddle to Matthews.

I don't know if Tavares would be second fiddle.  Matthews only just completed his sophomore year and while he has been great, he still has a lot to prove.  I don't see Tavares as being a major egocentric guy either.  The 1-2 punch thing might not work for everyone but it has definitely worked before.  Would remain to be seen how Matthews would deal with it however.

Having Tavares and Matthews would give the Leafs a great one-two punch in a similar way that the Penguins have Crosby and Malkin.  It would bump Kadri down to the 3rd line which would give them a ridiculously dangerous 3rd line. 

They also have a few up and coming wingers that can fill in the gaps (even if they still need to sign a few others).  Nylander could play on the wing but the $s he'll command on his next contract is the limiting factor.

Toronto could definitely fit but they would need to invest in a win-now fashion.

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

I would love Nylander but i would think we may have to take Hortons salary of 5.5m or whatever it is for the next 2 seasons 

If that was the case then sure bring it on.  But Leafs have no reason to move that contract other than just forking out more $$, they had 3 guys on LTIR this year.

9 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I'd like to keep him too. But in order to facilitate a trade, we would need to add a significant piece to Tanev. Like:

2019 2nd round pick

Jake Virtanen

Adam Gaudette

Michael Dipietro

Cole Lind

Jonah Gadjovich

I don't WANT to give up any of them, but just for the sake of conversation, it will likely take us adding one of those pieces and I don't think Michael Dipietro will be enough. 

I agree we would have to add. I would add a second. It would be a high second? 

3 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

We didn't draft Nylander in 2014 because we had too many soft  ( but skilled ) players. Nothing has changed. In fact, as of today, things are probably worse ( notice all the chatter about adding 'grit' ? )

If you remember our roster, we were soft but not skilled. We could really use Nylander. 

6 minutes ago, suitup said:

If you remember our roster, we were soft but not skilled. We could really use Nylander. 

Exactly. 

It's one thing to be soft, it's another to be soft and not skilled enough to make up for it. Which we were.

I don't think anyone will be complaining about being soft when our team is skating circles around the other team and keeping them honest with a lethal powerplay.

Grit can always be added later on.

Archived