The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Antoine Roussel [4 year x $3.25M AAV]

$ and term are high for both players.  Canucks will get ripped for these signings, and I can’t really defend them, other than saying we have lots of cap space and elc.  

What happens next next should be interesting with the number of forwards we have, especially if the Schaller rumours are true. 

From what I can glean on Beagle, is we had to add term to the offer to get him.  Clearly the only center on the market we had a shot at, so they gave him term. 

3 minutes ago, 70seven said:

$ and term are high for both players.  Canucks will get ripped for these signings, and I can’t really defend them, other than saying we have lots of cap space and elc.  

What happens next next should be interesting with the number of forwards we have, especially if the Schaller rumours are true. 

From what I can glean on Beagle, is we had to add term to the offer to get him.  Clearly the only center on the market we had a shot at, so they gave him term. 

Then we pass......... 

both these signing are $&!# 

oh god.... We love signing old overpaid free agents and take away ice time for our prospects... really! 

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Sutter Eriksson

Roussel Beagle Virtnanen

Lepisic Gaudette Gagner

Bench: Granlund, Goldobin

Gaunce, Boucher sorry no room for you. Dowd, Motte, just quietly walk away. 

No wonder we didn't sign Cassels... Dahlen, Jasek, Lockwood, Lind, Gadjovich can all wait a few years. 

As long as they have no trade restrictions, then these contracts are fine. I'm sure we will be able to trade them when our kids need new contracts. I'm not buying the garbage some people are spewing about these contracts. You act like these guys are plugs. They're not. I bet they will prove themselves to be very important pieces to our team rather than expendable plugs.

People are freaking out but our window isn’t for a long time and as others have said, having good veteran and hardworking leadership sometimes comes with having to pay people. 

By by the time these contracts are done, young guns will be ready to step up and be paid to be the full time leaders. 

1 minute ago, The Great Canucks said:

As long as they have no trade restrictions, then these contracts are fine. I'm sure we will be able to trade them when our kids need new contracts. I'm not buying the garbage some people are spewing about these contracts. You act like these guys are plugs. They're not. I bet they will prove themselves to be very important pieces to our team rather than expendable plugs.

There better be no NMC's of any kind.

Trading them for picks at future TDL's can yield good returns.

These deals are fine. Insulate the kids a bit as they adapt. I would also think JB has some moves in mind to clear out some of the gluttony of forwards. For reference Perron got 4 years 16 million so this is on par with market value for bottom 6 guys

Just now, naslundfan921 said:

These deals are fine. Insulate the kids a bit as they adapt. I would also think JB has some moves in mind to clear out some of the gluttony of forwards. For reference Perron got 4 years 16 million so this is on par with market value for bottom 6 guys

Perron had 66 points in 70 games last year - playing just under 18min on Vegas' 2nd line.

Archived