The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Beagle | #83 | C

-SN-

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Lovin’ what Beagle brings to this club.

i realize he is signed on,. But I see us keeping him next season unless there is an offer is made from a playoff contender that can not be refused.

Personally I value him higher than Sutter. 

He signed a 4 year contract and he is in the 1st year. His limited games showed how much we need him.

Of course the Canucks are keeping him next year. Why the hell wouldn't they? :unsure:

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

I suppose Beagle's return will allow Green to give Pettersson and Gaudette more offensive starts hence the shift of Goldobin and Jake to Gaudette's wing.  Assuming Schaller is in and Motte is out, my guess is Leivo will start the game on Beagle's wing but could get opportunities with Horvat, Gaudette or Pettersson throughout the night.  Could also see Schaller sitting and Motte slotting in.

My guess is management may prefer to play Schaller over Motte most nights (even if the eye test doesn't go so well for Schaller) because he's a bigger body.  I don't think Schaller deserves it at this point, but if he got his game going, then he could be a solid bottom 6 winger who can hopefully help to win board battles.  Among other depth guys, the acquisition of Leivo should put Schaller on alert.

4 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I suppose Beagle's return will allow Green to give Pettersson and Gaudette more offensive starts hence the shift of Goldobin and Jake to Gaudette's wing.  Assuming Schaller is in and Motte is out, my guess is Leivo will start the game on Beagle's wing but could get opportunities with Horvat, Gaudette or Pettersson throughout the night.  Could also see Schaller sitting and Motte slotting in.

My guess is management may prefer to play Schaller over Motte most nights (even if the eye test doesn't go so well for Schaller) because he's a bigger body.  I don't think Schaller deserves it at this point, but if he got his game going, then he could be a solid bottom 6 winger who can hopefully help to win board battles.  Among other depth guys, the acquisition of Leivo should put Schaller on alert.

If Beagle is ready to go for tomorrows game and the addition of Leivo, then there is a 50/50  or better chance that Gaudette will be re-assigned to the Comets. Sounds like they expect Josh Leivo to play tomorrow so someone will have to be moved in order for that to happen. Gaudette does not require waivers so he is the most likely one but they may opt to do something else. We should know what that is by tomorrow morning some time. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Motte has been far more consistent than Schaller. Can't see Motte being sat. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If Beagle is ready to go for tomorrows game and the addition of Leivo, then there is a 50/50  or better chance that Gaudette will be re-assigned to the Comets. Sounds like they expect Josh Leivo to play tomorrow so someone will have to be moved in order for that to happen. Gaudette does not require waivers so he is the most likely one but they may opt to do something else. We should know what that is by tomorrow morning some time. 

Agreed. Odds are Gaudette goes down even though Benning said he liked him up. What else can be done? He won't waive Schaller this soon after just signing him imo. 

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Agreed. Odds are Gaudette goes down even though Benning said he liked him up. What else can be done? He won't waive Schaller this soon after just signing him imo. 

Ganger can be sent down without waivers still I believe needs 3 more games or I think 7 more days before he can be picked up again by any team 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A Skylit Drive said:

Ganger can be sent down without waivers still I believe needs 3 more games or I think 7 more days before he can be picked up again by any team 

I had forgotten that Gagner is also exempt from waivers for the time being so he would also be an option for them to consider. I think I saw somewhere that they have till 10 am PST to move a player off the roster if indeed Beagle is ready to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have the numbers to back this up but it feels like the Canucks have a playoff worthy record when Beagle is in the lineup.  I know there is multiple factors obviously but what kind of magic is this dude bringing into the locker room lol?

Spoiler

DqIdh6FV4AYLq-A.jpg

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Beagle's between period interview was simply outstanding. The guy just oozes professionalism. His influence on the younger players will be huge.  

One of the most well-spoken players I've seen on the Canucks. Right up there with guys like Juice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krutovsdonut said:

anithe solid game.  deserves a shout out for stablizing the bottom six during this run.  

Yeah, definitely. Beagle plays a subtle and kind of quite but very effective game. Makes a big difference when he's in the lineup. Kind of amused to see him and Nolan Patrick getting in under each other's skin as well...

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2018 at 10:17 AM, Tre Mac said:

Don't have the numbers to back this up but it feels like the Canucks have a playoff worthy record when Beagle is in the lineup.  I know there is multiple factors obviously but what kind of magic is this dude bringing into the locker room lol?

Reveal hidden contents

DqIdh6FV4AYLq-A.jpg

Joey Kenward‏Verified account @kenwardskorner 1m1 minute ago

#Canucks record when Jay Beagle is in the lineup this season is 8-3-1, which includes PTS in 6 of 7 games since returning from injury.

• Cheers 2