The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Beagle | #83 | C

-SN-

• 1 month later...

I know Sutter's had talk about being a foundational piece and he's such a great locker room fun guy for the kids to have, but Beagle is quite similar as well. Arguably the best 4th line center in the league right now, fantastic character solid signing by JB. We need locks down the middle instead of just a rotation and JB did well to lock down a guy like Beagle rather than push Gaudette straight into a role he isn't made for.

What's also nice is that Motte can play center as can Miller so in actual fact we have 6-7 centers in this lineup (Gaudette if he's in).

When you look down the list of Cup winners, look how many of those versatile defensive-minded centers the winners have and how many centers-turned-wingers they have. They have lots of depth down the middle, versatility, guys who can step in to win a draw but more importantly, guys who are multi-dimensional and understand the game from a winger or center point of view.

• Cheers 1

Beagle has motte and schaller dialed right in. He thrives on the defensive end of the game and they bought in. Respect. The perfect 4th line, they play for each other and love to make the opposing teams top lines look bad. A huge Benning win. 

Edited by Dannydog
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 12:09 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I know Sutter's had talk about being a foundational piece and he's such a great locker room fun guy for the kids to have, but Beagle is quite similar as well. Arguably the best 4th line center in the league right now, fantastic character solid signing by JB. We need locks down the middle instead of just a rotation and JB did well to lock down a guy like Beagle rather than push Gaudette straight into a role he isn't made for.

What's also nice is that Motte can play center as can Miller so in actual fact we have 6-7 centers in this lineup (Gaudette if he's in).

When you look down the list of Cup winners, look how many of those versatile defensive-minded centers the winners have and how many centers-turned-wingers they have. They have lots of depth down the middle, versatility, guys who can step in to win a draw but more importantly, guys who are multi-dimensional and understand the game from a winger or center point of view.

schaller is listed as being able to play all forward positions. macewen can play centre too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/canuck-jay-beagle-plays-road-hockey-with-kids-from-vancouver-s-downtown-eastside-1.4717804

This is awesome. Having players like Beagle on the team not only adds the depth, grit, defensive responsibility among the forward group, but it is also bring in a great person and character to both the organization and community.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/canuck-jay-beagle-plays-road-hockey-with-kids-from-vancouver-s-downtown-eastside-1.4717804

This is awesome. Having players like Beagle on the team not only adds the depth, grit, defensive responsibility among the forward group, but it is also bring in a great person and character to both the organization and community.

What a great story.... Character in spades and a heart of gold. For some of these kids it'll be the highlight of their life.... Respect.

I love having Beagle when he is healthy. My previous belief was that he was always healthy before the Canucks got him. But it is interesting he only ever had 2 healthy seasons and every other season he missed tons of games. I did not know that until I just looked it up.

beagle.PNG.41e146e8d68a6645675137c3bc07dbfb.PNG

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I love having Beagle when he is healthy. My previous belief was that he was always healthy before the Canucks got him. But it is interesting he only ever had 2 healthy seasons and every other season he missed tons of games. I did not know that until I just looked it up.

beagle.PNG.41e146e8d68a6645675137c3bc07dbfb.PNG

Yeah I looked into it last year when he was injured. He's basically Chris Tanev, but more charismatic and a forward.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Wow, I didn't realize he was going to be 36.  

If it really is bad, he might just retire. He's not a young player anymore as you mention.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, -AJ- said:

If it really is bad, he might just retire. He's not a young player anymore as you mention.

He'd almost certainly go on LTIR... But that + Ferland's cap would give us over $6m we could potentially go over in cap (or give room for Ferland to come back, if healthy).

If course, then we'll need to find a 3 and 4C...

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He'd almost certainly go on LTIR... But that + Ferland's cap would give us over $6m we could potentially go over in cap (or give room for Ferland to come back, if healthy).

If course, then we'll need to find a 3 and 4C...

Looks like he already is on LTIR.  He's probably gone for the season.  But then again, the Canucks season may be gone for the season.:sadno: