Sign in to follow this  
StealthNuck

Jay Beagle | #83 | C

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

 

Still love his signing! Such a role model player and exactly what this young team needs. Hopefully he'll be healthy the most time of the season.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Sutter's had talk about being a foundational piece and he's such a great locker room fun guy for the kids to have, but Beagle is quite similar as well. Arguably the best 4th line center in the league right now, fantastic character solid signing by JB. We need locks down the middle instead of just a rotation and JB did well to lock down a guy like Beagle rather than push Gaudette straight into a role he isn't made for.

 

What's also nice is that Motte can play center as can Miller so in actual fact we have 6-7 centers in this lineup (Gaudette if he's in).


When you look down the list of Cup winners, look how many of those versatile defensive-minded centers the winners have and how many centers-turned-wingers they have. They have lots of depth down the middle, versatility, guys who can step in to win a draw but more importantly, guys who are multi-dimensional and understand the game from a winger or center point of view.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beagle has motte and schaller dialed right in. He thrives on the defensive end of the game and they bought in. Respect. The perfect 4th line, they play for each other and love to make the opposing teams top lines look bad. A huge Benning win. 

Edited by Dannydog
  • Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 12:09 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I know Sutter's had talk about being a foundational piece and he's such a great locker room fun guy for the kids to have, but Beagle is quite similar as well. Arguably the best 4th line center in the league right now, fantastic character solid signing by JB. We need locks down the middle instead of just a rotation and JB did well to lock down a guy like Beagle rather than push Gaudette straight into a role he isn't made for.

 

What's also nice is that Motte can play center as can Miller so in actual fact we have 6-7 centers in this lineup (Gaudette if he's in).


When you look down the list of Cup winners, look how many of those versatile defensive-minded centers the winners have and how many centers-turned-wingers they have. They have lots of depth down the middle, versatility, guys who can step in to win a draw but more importantly, guys who are multi-dimensional and understand the game from a winger or center point of view.

schaller is listed as being able to play all forward positions. macewen can play centre too. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/canuck-jay-beagle-plays-road-hockey-with-kids-from-vancouver-s-downtown-eastside-1.4717804

 

This is awesome. Having players like Beagle on the team not only adds the depth, grit, defensive responsibility among the forward group, but it is also bring in a great person and character to both the organization and community.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/canuck-jay-beagle-plays-road-hockey-with-kids-from-vancouver-s-downtown-eastside-1.4717804

 

This is awesome. Having players like Beagle on the team not only adds the depth, grit, defensive responsibility among the forward group, but it is also bring in a great person and character to both the organization and community.

What a great story.... Character in spades and a heart of gold. For some of these kids it'll be the highlight of their life.... Respect.

  • Burr 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love having Beagle when he is healthy. My previous belief was that he was always healthy before the Canucks got him. But it is interesting he only ever had 2 healthy seasons and every other season he missed tons of games. I did not know that until I just looked it up.

 

beagle.PNG.41e146e8d68a6645675137c3bc07dbfb.PNG

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I love having Beagle when he is healthy. My previous belief was that he was always healthy before the Canucks got him. But it is interesting he only ever had 2 healthy seasons and every other season he missed tons of games. I did not know that until I just looked it up.

 

beagle.PNG.41e146e8d68a6645675137c3bc07dbfb.PNG

Yeah I looked into it last year when he was injured. He's basically Chris Tanev, but more charismatic and a forward.

  • Like 1
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

 

Just look at all those white kids...toxic white, male hockey culture :bigblush:

 

But in all seriousness, good on him, Beagle was a hell of a leadership add :towel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admire the shot blocking but this has been two games in a row he's taking a dumb penalty that has cost the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.