The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

-SN-

Hard watching this guy play right now. By far the weakest link on that 3rd line. Yes I know he's coming back from a big injury but he's had a bunch of games now to get back in the groove. If this continues Green needs to sit him the press box and bring in one of Utica guys waiting. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Rossland said:

Roussel is a big disappointment for me. I thought he'd be a real difference maker, but he is invisible. 

58 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Settle down Rose.  He just came back from a major injury. Give him 25 games to get back into it. He played great before his injury.

I think it's wise to give Rooster some time to find his game back again, but there's no denying that he's not the same guy he was last year.

Then again, he's not playing with Horvat neither, so that must have some effect.

2 minutes ago, bullishfor2012 said:

I get the sense that isn't sitting right with you...if that's the case, what's wrong with each teammate standing up for each other, instead of depending one or two guys to stand up for the team?  

Exactly.  All our guys need to, in their own way, have each other’s backs.  Fight, or just use your stick, or just give one of the other team’s top players a cheap shot.  

McEwen had a recent fight

Pearson had a recent fight

Virtanen had a recent fight

Myers had a recent fight 

Add Simmonds and Tryamkin and the Canucks don’t need a “true enforcer”.

Toughness by committee is how Boston won against the Canucks and it may be how they win it this year too.

Edited by Me_

• 2 weeks later...

I've been calling for the benching of Roussel ever since Boeser was sent to the third line. Roussel has heart and tenacity but he is not particularly fast, not that big, and his hands are not consistently good. He is the weakest link on our team, not Loui Eriksson.  

Edited by Maddogy

35 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I've been calling for the benching of Roussel ever since Boeser was sent to the third line. Roussel has heart and tenacity but he is not particularly fast, not that big, and his hands are not consistently good. He is the weakest link on our team, not Loui Eriksson.  

It is odd that Roussel has been so mediocre lately when he demonstrated how good he can be before his injury.

Hopefully he works that out in the next few games.

35 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I agree.  Roussel right now is playing worse than Loui.  I'd flip Virtanen over to left wing and add Sutter to that line and add MacEwen to the 4th line.  Time to sit Roussel.  He can't even fight anymore, can't skate, can't shoot, can't score.  His contract may be more immovable than Loui's...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Roussel right now is playing worse than Loui.  I'd flip Virtanen over to left wing and add Sutter to that line and add MacEwen to the 4th line.  Time to sit Roussel.  He can't even fight anymore, can't skate, can't shoot, can't score.  His contract may be more immovable than Loui's...

How long is Roussel signed for and how much? 

I think he might be more valuable than Loui. 

Both are movable if we could retain salary...