StealthNuck

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I've been calling for the benching of Roussel ever since Boeser was sent to the third line. Roussel has heart and tenacity but he is not particularly fast, not that big, and his hands are not consistently good. He is the weakest link on our team, not Loui Eriksson.  

I agree.  Roussel right now is playing worse than Loui.  I'd flip Virtanen over to left wing and add Sutter to that line and add MacEwen to the 4th line.  Time to sit Roussel.  He can't even fight anymore, can't skate, can't shoot, can't score.  His contract may be more immovable than Loui's...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Roussel right now is playing worse than Loui.  I'd flip Virtanen over to left wing and add Sutter to that line and add MacEwen to the 4th line.  Time to sit Roussel.  He can't even fight anymore, can't skate, can't shoot, can't score.  His contract may be more immovable than Loui's...

How long is Roussel signed for and how much? 

 

I think he might be more valuable than Loui. 

 

Both are movable if we could retain salary...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

How long is Roussel signed for and how much? 

 

I think he might be more valuable than Loui. 

 

Both are movable if we could retain salary...

 

He's got another 2 years at $3 million per.  At least Loui can score empty net goals.  Roussel can't even do that...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's got another 2 years at $3 million per.  At least Loui can score empty net goals.  Roussel can't even do that...

might be movable next year, with some salary retained on the Canuck's end, for a playoff team. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roussel Had ACL surgery.  That takes sometimes a year to fully get back to normal.  Plus he is around 5 months behind everyone else in his conditioning.  He could sit a bit but he maybe very valuable come playoff time.

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roussel should have been sitting out every third game.  I've always wondered why players returning from significant surgeries and injuries are shoved into the line up and play every game.

Strange, as the Canucks have said they would monitor Joulevi's ice time after his injuries but other players are not treated the same.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Roussel right now is playing worse than Loui.  I'd flip Virtanen over to left wing and add Sutter to that line and add MacEwen to the 4th line.  Time to sit Roussel.  He can't even fight anymore, can't skate, can't shoot, can't score.  His contract may be more immovable than Loui's...

Another way to look at it is, Eriksson is finally playing better regardless of whether Roussel is considered or not.

 

Edited by Me_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Takes a lazy, useless, stupid penalty with 90 seconds to go in a tie game and it cost us the game. :picard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Keep up the good play and he'll turn it right side up!:lol:

Yeah, nice to see old Rooster back tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roussel’s likeability factor is off the charts. He has had a tough season and will not be part of the group that seriously contends for a Van Cup. That said he is a great team player and truly is out of the Burrows mould. Always a great interview.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this is the start of some strong play by Roussel, if he's playing well our team plays well but when he's invisible we struggle. He's a big spark plug and role guy for this squad and when he was on top of his game we were on a winning streak. Smart heads up play on the goals and some great forechecking against Colorado, hope he keeps it up and the 3rd line stay together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't wait for a healthy Antoine Roussel to start next season.

 

I remember last summer he said with the time out from his surgery the muscles in his thighs were not as strong and had shrunken due to lost time for workouts, and you could see that his pivoting on his leg looked far more tentative during the year.  Likely doesn't fully trust the knee and joint to respond as quickly and sufficiently which led to him not being on the forecheck as quickly and not getting into many scrums.  His game is driven by being quick on his skates and driving the forecheck hard which require strong muscles and confidence in his joints to pivot laterally quickly.

 

I think we see Antoine return to form with a full year to recover and workout properly.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 12:10 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I can't wait for a healthy Antoine Roussel to start next season.

 

I remember last summer he said with the time out from his surgery the muscles in his thighs were not as strong and had shrunken due to lost time for workouts, and you could see that his pivoting on his leg looked far more tentative during the year.  Likely doesn't fully trust the knee and joint to respond as quickly and sufficiently which led to him not being on the forecheck as quickly and not getting into many scrums.  His game is driven by being quick on his skates and driving the forecheck hard which require strong muscles and confidence in his joints to pivot laterally quickly.

 

I think we see Antoine return to form with a full year to recover and workout properly.

Healthy Roussel + Healthy Ferland and hopefully team resigns Toffoli and get rid-off of Eriksson's contract. If that's the case, the team can really do some damage.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roussel is a class act no matter what the refs think. That said I don't see him on the team in 3 years. His TOI will go to a younger player. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roussel now leads the team in goals for the past 4 months.

 

Idk if we can afford to keep him!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rooster talking smack. I approve.

 

That will make his line the line of focus on the ice. Guess who's on that line? Ferland hahaa. now when they think of Roussel they will quickly think of Ferland. When they get hit by Ferland they will think of the Rooster. 200 IQ mind games, les go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.