The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

-SN-

It seemed last year that Hitchcock didn't like him much. His ice time and situational use took a big hit.

Still think he's an above average 3rd liner. So if he maintains that, the contract isn't that out of line.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not worried about the low shooting % from last year either, that likely has more to do with Hitchcock's system than Roussel's abilities. 

DAL on whole had an 'off' year last year as well.

You can pretty much bank on 30+/- points over 82.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

It seemed last year that Hitchcock didn't like him much.

I am willing to be the feeling was mutual.

I get a kick about those who say WD was the reason Tryamkin ran back home.   Can only imagine what the big kid would have done with a does of Hitchcock.  I think the worse WD day in terms of getting in a player's grill would be Hitch on his best behaviour.   Haven't played for either but know people who have and VERY few every speak of fondness for Hitch as a coach but do acknowledge he figures out the buttons, and very personal ones, to push very early on and then uses those often.   Sensitive guys need not apply.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I am willing to be the feeling was mutual.

I get a kick about those who say WD was the reason Tryamkin ran back home.   Can only imagine what the big kid would have done with a does of Hitchcock.  I think the worse WD day in terms of getting in a player's grill would be Hitch on his best behaviour.   Haven't played for either but know people who have and VERY few every speak of fondness for Hitch as a coach but do acknowledge he figures out the buttons, and very personal ones, to push very early on and then uses those often.   Sensitive guys need not apply.

Think how things would have gone with Torts...

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 12:11 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Like Burrows, Roussel is a smart player. He knows where to go to find the puck and how to get the puck onto the sticks of skilled players.  There is a reason why Lindy Ruff, Ken Hitchcock, trusted Roussel to even flank the wing of Seguin and Benn at times over the past 4 seasons.  He knew where to be, what his purpose was, and he didn't deviate how he played a physical, intimidating brand of hockey.

I think he will be a very good piece to compliment a skilled line.  Perhaps help/protect a young kid like Elias Pettersson, and  Loui Eriksson

Not expecting him to be an offensive provider, but I feel his game will allow for skilled players to find space on the ice.

I find the thought of Pettersson centering a line with Roussel and Erikson, intriguing. Nice blend of skill, toughness, and experience on one line with all of them capable of chipping in. Only thing lacking is one of them being really good at faceoffs.

Edited by Kootenay Gold

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I find the thought of Pettersson centering a line with Roussel and Erikson, intriguing. Nice blend of skill, toughness, and experience on one line with all of them capable of chipping in. Only thing lacking is one of them being really good at faceoffs.

I like the idea of pairing a tougher guy with EP or Boeser, maybe they could help each other,

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Should tell Montreal, maybe they'll pay a premium to acquire him from us so they can try him out as their 1st line center.

isn't that a bit like saying we should trade for Nathan Walker to fill our 1st line LW?

7 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Dude is not afraid to go toe to toe with the big guns either, taking on Shea Weber, Carcillo, Thorburn etc., etc., win or lose...  

His fight with Weber was a draw. Antoine took some heavy shots from Shea and gave them right back. Solid, strong pugilist and energy player. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

This guy is going to be a fan favorite, big hits, fights, point production and egging on the other team!!  I always remember this when I think about Roussel and how he trolled the Chicago fans haha

"That's not what you do"... sure it is.  No doubt the Hawk fans were beaking off in the first place.  Let 'em have it!

• Haha 1