The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

-SN-

7 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Well... do u see a lot of other players get it?? It wasn't a preseason or training camp scrimmage!! Now... his return date is up in the air...

What were your thoughts when Boeser joined Da Beauty League? Positive? Because crazy accidents can happen on the ice in any scenario.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I dunno.. were there vicious hits thrown?? 

Players can collide, even if they aren't hitting at all. Even just the puck hitting you can cause a concussion.

I remember being at a Flyers-Canucks game years ago, and Eric Lindros collided with teammate Paul Coffey. They had to carry Coffey out on a stretcher.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:51 PM, D-Money said:

Players can collide, even if they aren't hitting at all. Even just the puck hitting you can cause a concussion.

I remember being at a Flyers-Canucks game years ago, and Eric Lindros collided with teammate Paul Coffey. They had to carry Coffey out on a stretcher.

Yeah but Eric Lindros was a bohemoth & while Paul Coffey wasn't a midget - he was significantly smaller in comparison.  Sure Roussel is roughly the size of Paul Coffey; but how many beer leaguers do you play against that are 6 feet four inches and 230 pounds [Lindros]?  But I agree that freak accidents all the time; probably a combination of that and plain bad luck.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Lets all just hope that he is cleared to play fairly soon.

Once he gets back up to speed; I think he will become a fan favorite in short order as he appears to play a similar style to Alex Burrows. Who knows; maybe he will be put on the line with Pettersson and Boeser and clean up on the few rebounds that didn't go in

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If it was up to me (and it is not lol) I would waive Alex Beiga as he is most likely to clear waivers. Not sure they want to expose any of the forward group just yet as there is much better odds of one of them being claimed. I am a fan of Beiga's work ethic and play but he is a borderline NHL D-man and at his age he is also the one whose unknown upside is long since behind him.

As for Antoine; I think he will get 5 on 5 third line LW slot and either Granlund or Leipsic sit out ... probably Leipsic. Just my opinion.

Would sure be nice if we could package say Gagner + one of these guys for something to solve this problem...

• Upvote 2

On 9/26/2018 at 3:52 AM, The 5th Line said:

Okay so as a fellow post concussion victim myself, I hope he recovers fully and has a healthy life.  But it's been a month now and he's still experiencing symptoms?  And he's supposed to be our meat and potatoes?  .  

Where do you get this stuff?   He practiced again today and has been symptom free for a while now.   He will travel with the team on this road trip.   Just working through the protocol.    

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

"again' ?  He has practiced with the team once and yes he has been dealing with concussion issues for a month.. what did I say that was wrong?  Keep in mind you quoted my post from almost to weeks ago

Are you well?   Hard to follow.   Your pursuit of finding negative issues with any moves made by the Canuck GM is quite interesting.   Sorry if I don’t come here daily as I get busy but will try and only read your posts that have a “best before” stamp on them I guess.:ph34r:

50 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Awesome news that Roussel is close to making his debut with us!! It also means we'll finally waive Biega! No frigging way are we sending down Motte or waiving Granlund... both are key PKers now!

Watch us let in 4 power play goals tonight!  lol 

Antoine Roussel is one tough customer, he is tied for the NHL lead in penalty minutes with Tom Wilson since the start of the 12/13 season when he entered the league. The top 10 is as follows:

1. 14.png Antoine Roussel (LW) 413 64 77 141 0.341 806 -5
2. 3.png Tom Wilson (RW) 391 35 69 104 0.266 806 22
3. 3.png Cody McLeod (LW) 390 34 26 60 0.154 790 -9
4. 3.png Chris Neil (RW) 295 22 28 50 0.169 661 -19
5. 3.png Derek Dorsett (RW/LW) 259 27 44 71 0.274 640 -28
6. 6.png Dustin Byfuglien (D) 420 86 193 279 0.664 592 13
7. 3.png Ryan Reaves (RW) 410 26 27 53 0.129 587 -10
8. 3.png Wayne Simmonds (RW) 440 159 143 302 0.686 580 -57
9. 3.png Zack Kassian (RW) 343 48 59 107 0.312 563 -27
10. 3.png Matt Martin (LW) 417 38 41 79 0.189 559 -15
  • Upvote 1