The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antoine Roussel | #26 | LW

-SN-

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Roussel is producing at almost a top 6 rate so far. He's being everything I hoped he would be.

Agreed. He played very well in the Montreal game. He is a major pain in  the arse to play against and you could see Montreal players getting pissy with him lmao. I loved it.

• Upvote 1

Didn't watch the game, but it looks like Roussel bit Vlasic near the end of the game. Not something I like to see. I didn't like it when Burr did it and I don't like it now. Wonder if he'll get a fine or something?

55 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Didn't watch the game, but it looks like Roussel bit Vlasic near the end of the game. Not something I like to see. I didn't like it when Burr did it and I don't like it now. Wonder if he'll get a fine or something?

Vlasic was tugging and pulling Roussel's ear which is why Roussel bit him. To be honest, I probably would have done something like that. I found that out after watching the full clip, not just the clip of Roussel biting him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Vlasic was tugging and pulling Roussel's ear which is why Roussel bit him. To be honest, I probably would have done something like that. I found that out after watching the full clip, not just the clip of Roussel biting him. 

Thanks for the extra context. I'm still not in favour of his move, but it helps to understand the situation more.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Thanks for the extra context. I'm still not in favour of his move, but it helps to understand the situation more.

of course, biting, spitting, and FFS even licking are all disgusting $&!# and the fact that grown adults resort to that childish stuff is beyond mind-boggling.

That being said, I've really liked Roussel so far. He brings back some the old not so old Canuck vibes.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

mr. pickle vlasic,  got a tiny scratch and went running to the refs. what a complete whiner!. perhaps  he shouldn't have put his hand where it doesn't belong..  

Yeah...it is weird what happens when you jam your fist inside someone's mouth??!!

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

IMHO, Roussel seems to be the perfect combination of a Burrows($&!#e disturber) and a Dorsett(scrapper/enforcer) that can fight, score and set up plays.

Predictably unpredictable, takes penalties, BUT, I like what he brings to the team!! :)

If Dorsett hadn't been forced to retire we likely wouldn't have picked up Roussel, but it would have been a delight to see both of them on the roster.  It would be like tag-team wolverines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

If Dorsett hadn't been forced to retire we likely wouldn't have picked up Roussel, but it would have been a delight to see both of them on the roster.  It would be like tag-team wolverines.

I was thinking about this earlier today. Dorsett surprised me with how much energy he had.

I personally think Roussel is just as fast and maybe a bit more effective. I totally love this Roussel signing!!  (Beagle too....schaller not so much but will give him some time)

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I was thinking about this earlier today. Dorsett surprised me with how much energy he had.

I personally think Roussel is just as fast and maybe a bit more effective. I totally love this Roussel signing!!  (Beagle too....schaller not so much but will give him some time)

Schaller is good at what he does and we need what he does - which is play on a high energy line for ~ 8-10 min a game and crack a few skulls if needs be. Unfortunately due to injuries, he's had shoes to fill that are too big for him. IMO he's held his own as much as you can expect a freshman to do a thesis defense.