The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Schaller | #59 | C

-SN-

14 minutes ago, Ishouldbethegm said:

Nice to see...... Only 42 pim in 82 games I don't think he fights much

A wise man once said “tis not about how much one fights, but when one fights that matters”

Edited by Oregon.Duck
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Ishouldbethegm said:

Nice to see...... Only 42 pim in 82 games I don't think he fights much

Fights more than Gaunce, Granlund, Baer, Eriksson, Goldobin, Gagne, etc.  put together...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oregon.Duck said:

A wise man once said “tis not about how much one fights, but when one fights that matters”

To be honest, I'd never heard of this kid, but I like him already. This allows kids like Brock, Elias, Jonny, et al to play 20 pounds heavier. Plus, he's a bigger center, one the Canucks need.

• Upvote 1

Don't know much about Schaller, but first impression is that he is a big, gritty center who is willing to stand up for his teammates.  Canucks had a serious shortage of players willing to push back, so I really like the signings of Schaller, Roussel, Beagle and Archibald.  Definitely needed to up the grit factor, especially with the likelihood of Pettersson playing in the top six this coming season.

IMHO, a very good Canada Day (or should I say NHL UFA Day) for the Canucks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

To me, best FA signing Benning has done since becoming Canuck GM.   I like this player a LOT and bet he becomes a fan favourite in Vancouver.   He did a ton of positive things for a Bruin team that will miss him a lot.    Was hoping for this signing over the past month.   

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

To me, best FA signing Benning has done since becoming Canuck GM.   I like this player a LOT and bet he becomes a fan favourite in Vancouver.   He did a ton of positive things for a Bruin team that will miss him a lot.    Was hoping for this signing over the past month.   

yup you did call this one a while back. 

18 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Add Riley Nash to that list too. This Schaller kid sure will stick up for his team mates, add in Roussel, and Beagle, the Canucks shouldn't be pushed around too much, knowing that Gudbranson is not the only tough guy on the roster.

• Upvote 1