The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Schaller | #59 | C

-SN-

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

Does any one know if Schaller has a 2-way contract and if he does, can he be sent down without Waivers?

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

He has a one way contract. He must pass through waivers if sent to AHL.

One or two way contract has nothing to do with waivers fyi. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Really solid game.  Tenacious guy.

Dont be surprised to see him get a look in a top six role.  Seems like the kind of player Green falls in love with.

Maybe he gets to be the puck hound and physical protection on Petterson’s LW for a spell.  He isn’t a real top six guy, but maybe plays the Maroon role complementing more skilled guys.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

May take even longer for Schaller to get a look as Roussel is coming back.

Coming back as in playing tomorrow; or just coming back at some point in time?

I'm looking forward to Roussel playing but have not heard anything to indicate he is ready yet. If Roussel is not ready to go it is my hope that they slot Schaller in as the Flames will be a nasty group tomorrow in their own barn esp. after Gunny's clobber job of Hamonic.

11 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm looking forward to Roussel playing but have not heard anything to indicate he is ready yet. If Roussel is not ready to go it is my hope that they slot Schaller in as the Flames will be a nasty group tomorrow in their own barn esp. after Gunny's clobber job of Hamonic.

Roussel was practicing today. He's close.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more toughness for that game, but it's hard for Green to take anyone out of a lineup that just won 5-2 against the same team.

Just now, WeneedLumme said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more toughness for that game, but it's hard for Green to take anyone out of a lineup that just won 5-2 against the same team.

Normally I would agree with your statement but this game tomorrow may be a very rough one physically so it might be prudent to add some toughness to the line up.

• Upvote 2

I haven’t seen this grit factor yet from him. So until I see something I only see Tim holding back someone like Dahlen or Gaudette (yes he got called up today) that can contribute in other areas. Because if he’s not bringing the grit, this guy is as useful as Gaunce. It’s early days so I hope he can prove us wrong that he isn’t just a warm body.