The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Schaller | #59 | C

-SN-

Just now, johngould21 said:

Add Riley Nash to that list too. This Schaller kid sure will stick up for his team mates, add in Roussel, and Beagle, the Canucks shouldn't be pushed around too much, knowing that Gudbranson is not the only tough guy on the roster.

Schaller does all the little things extremely well.   I bet he becomes someone Canuck faithful all are over with praise early and often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time will tell with all of the players.  New season, new chances.  In order to get players to sign with Vancouver (bottom feeder for too long) management has to pay a premium in either $$ or years.  Canucks need some grit and some leadership guys who are hopefully willing to stand up for their teammates.  The last couple of years have been pitiful when it came to that 'mob mentality'.  Can't wait for September and the new season to get underway.  

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup you did call this one a while back. 

There are only so many of this type of player in NHL that you can get for nothing more than a contract.   Big center who was captain in college and leads by example.    

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

There are only so many of this type of player in NHL that you can get for nothing more than a contract.   Big center who was captain in college and leads by example.    

nice.

I think the signings today made this team a hell of a lot more fun to watch, and the includes reducing the pushover factor quite a bit. Yah they were gaudy deals but I'm impressed with the 3 guys Jim landed even with that, we're not a top destination right now. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SamJamIam said:

What was he going to do?  Fight the door to the bench?  Come on...

Funny!

I and pretty sure guys like this take out their revenge on the other teams’ top players.  That’s what Roussel does too.  It’s the “eye for an eye” type of Justice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

To me, best FA signing Benning has done since becoming Canuck GM.   I like this player a LOT and bet he becomes a fan favourite in Vancouver.   He did a ton of positive things for a Bruin team that will miss him a lot.    Was hoping for this signing over the past month.   

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SamJamIam said:

Brock Boeser Slap Shot Goal After Dirty Crosscheck by Lewis (Jan. 23, 2018) (SNP) - YouTube

This should never happen to your star players. Spot shift Schaller in the top six occasionally at even strength and Dbags like this guy will think twice before dirty hits.

• Upvote 2

On 7/1/2018 at 4:53 PM, SamJamIam said:

This guy took on the door to the dressing room earlier that night and it came back to haunt him....never take on a door.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I see some discussions about the opening lineup including Schaller. Just to remind everyone about his recent hand surgery:

Well now that's interesting. Might allow us to keep that 'extra' guy around. Though I'd imagine he'd have to be on the opening roster so we're still likely risking a couple guys on waivers...

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Well now that's interesting. Might allow us to keep that 'extra' guy around. Though I'd imagine he'd have to be on the opening roster so we're still likely risking a couple guys on waivers...

sorry don't have the link but I did read that the actual procedure wasn't disclosed and he did have a chance at being ready for camp. We'll just have to wait and see. But this could be a lifeline for Gaunce if he ends up getting a couple more weeks to see if he's improved at all. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sorry don't have the link but I did read that the actual procedure wasn't disclosed and he did have a chance at being ready for camp. We'll just have to wait and see. But this could be a lifeline for Gaunce if he ends up getting a couple more weeks to see if he's improved at all. 

I dunno, I think Gaunce will be hard pressed to not be waived even with this. Between Gagner, Goldobin and Leipsic, we only have room for two of them with Schaller in the lineup.

If he's out, that's just means one of them doesn't need waiving/trading right away (if there's even a way to work the lineup without listing Schaller on the opening roster). 

I could be wrong but I seem to recall some sort of provision for players with pre-existing injuries not needing to be listed on the opening roster...

Edit - Confirmed with Biech, if he's determined to be unfit to play with pre-existing condition, he doesn't count against opening roster. Could be a very shrewd element of the signing...good job JB and Co! B)

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2