The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Schaller | #59 | C

-SN-

• 2 weeks later...

"Tim Schaller did go in for a hand procedure," Sweeney said. "It was on the radar to have it followed up, and he did have something fixed there, so he’s got a recovery period, I think, full return to play of three months."

https://985thesportshub.com/2018/06/01/tim-schaller-undergoes-hand-procedure-don-sweeney-updates-rest-injured-bruins/

Article from June 1st...

Looking at him being ready in Early September.

On 7/1/2018 at 12:07 PM, Zach Parise said:

JB bringing GOON hockey back !

goon that can go "off the bar and in" repeatedly...  punch or score... genius jim... wish we would have gotten him for the sedins yrs back and not eriksson... not granlund.. not even burr because of bigger guys take more liberties and burr wasn't a fighter so schaller with the twins would have been killer.

no one would have laid a glove on the sedins... schaller isn't 4th line or 3rs line talent, he's scored wicked goals and will thrown down with nearly anyone... gotta love that, especially with new sedins..

Brock and Elias and hughes is on the way.

for once we have someone that you really wouldn't want to make mad and he would be if someone ran our boys... if anyone can't get how important this signing was, need to take a second look... 

On 7/2/2018 at 3:55 PM, gregthehockeynut said:

Brock Boeser Slap Shot Goal After Dirty Crosscheck by Lewis (Jan. 23, 2018) (SNP) - YouTube

This should never happen to your star players. Spot shift Schaller in the top six occasionally at even strength and Dbags like this guy will think twice before dirty hits.

and he would not look out of place on top six.. 

On 2018-08-22 at 5:31 PM, Where'd Luongo? said:

Guy won't even make the team out of camp.

You think he won’t be fully healthy yet?  That’s the only reason for him not to be on our fourth line.  He’s just like Gaunce, but way more physical, tougher, and harder to play against.  I guess if Gaunce played the same physical game that Schaller did, we wouldn’t have signed Schaller.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Any particular reason why you think this? I mean, I imagine he's at least better than Gaunce and Archibald combined.

My thoughts exactly.  If healthy I imagine he will be playing. Looking forward to watching him, the other vets and of course of fantastic young talent! Camp starts in just  over 2 weeks baby!!

Thanks to @CRAZY_4_NAZZY for the article. Have to admit, I've probably seen Schaller at least 4 times on TV, but was totally unaware of him until he signed with us. Went to HockeyDB expecting to see a primo AHL stat sheet. He is one of the many 'must see' players that I'll be keeping an eye on at training camp ( or early season ).

• Upvote 2