The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sabres trade Ryan O'Reilly to Blues for Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka, Tage Thompson, 2019 1st-round pick, 2021 2nd-round pick

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Pretty nice haul, although St. Louis seems to have been trying to trade Berglund since we had Garrison veto with his NTC.

O'Reilly's a nice player, but no way we would have given up that sort of return for him.

ROR is paid a lot for what he do.ivers.

Just now, Alflives said:

Me thinks you guys are building a very good, young team.  Please BEAT THE LOSER LEAFS!  :towel:

The Leafs like to choke against the Sabres especially in Buffalo.  Same with the Bruins. 

I seriously doubt the Sabres make the playoffs this coming season, but now the 2019-20 season there's a chance.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Leafs like to choke against the Sabres especially in Buffalo.  Same with the Bruins. 

I seriously doubt the Sabres make the playoffs this coming season, but now the 2019-20 season there's a chance.

Good trade for your team. Fleeced.

1 minute ago, BoqvistOrBust said:

Good trade for your team. Fleeced.

Nah.  The Blues badly needed a very good Centre and to dump salary and the Sabres badly needed depth players.  It was a good trade for both teams.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Like my avatar says, "Buffalo, NY, where the Leafs Blow all year long!"

I hate the Leafs but man the Sabres have been like ( Buffalo ) Butter Knives for a very long time too.

Edited by 6string

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

What makes you say that?

The liquor mostly.

I believe ROR can up his game and be a big difference maker when he's inspired. I think BUF got some useful parts, but IMO the team that gets the best player usually wins the trade. Being desperate for change is dicey and both teams rolled pretty heavily.

Just now, 6string said:

I hate the leafs but man the Sabres have been like ( Buffalo ) Butter Knives for a very long time too.

Yeah they've been terrible, but for whatever reason no matter how bad they are, both the Bruins and the Leafs have a tough time playing them nearly every season.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Yeah they've been terrible, but for whatever reason no matter how bad they are, both the Bruins and the Leafs have a tough time playing them nearly every season.

Well ya know that's like sweet music to the ears of CDC.

• Haha 2