The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

2 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

So we're screwed no matter what we do?

I still feel a glimmer of hope that we happy few able to enjoy indoor plumbing, have longer life expectancies than our offal tossin' ancestors of old.

Duuno, go back to good old paper towel?

Just now, bishopshodan said:

The poo particles plume into the air after a toilet is flushed.

It's why one should put the seat cover down after they go #2. The problem is that public washrooms often don't have seat covers.

Wait, you $&!# in a toilet??

Lucky

• Haha 2

On 5/29/2019 at 11:05 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Agree 100%.

The way this law is written, you can be having a beer in your own home and have to prove that you weren't driving beforehand. This law, (while well intentioned, I suppose) belongs in the trash.

Edit: Just realized the irony of giving you a "Hydration" rep.....changed it to "Upvote". :lol:

So what *I* want to know is exactly how many beers you consumed creating that @%$@#% up post.:P

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Might not just be the grubby people that don't know how to wash their hands.....check out this headline...:sick:

Hand dryers suck in fecal bacteria and blow it all over your hands, study finds

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/13/hand-dryers-suck-in-fecal-bacteria-and-blow-it-all-over-your-hands-study-finds.html

That’s why I use my shirt to dry my hands after washing them.

If there is $&!# on my shirt, at least it belongs to me.

48 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Deep State mind control/autism delivery mechanism I believe. 

Jeepers, I thought that was genetic.

Phew...I can finally blame my kid's Autism on someone other than myself. That's a load off!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I know Italy has a military, but it's honestly strange to read about any Italian in possession of a missile...

....it's kind of like a chapter of AA in Belfast, or a darts league in Baghdad....

When I think of Italians, I think of building things, rather than destroying them. In fact, I think they would have been the first country to set foot on the moon, had they not run out of scaffolding....B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We sometimes like to poke fun at our neighbors to the immediate East and we have also engaged in some pretty "spirited debate" over pipelines, but this is something I wouldn't wish on anyone:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/its-horrific-griesbach-basements-fill-with-raw-sewage-water-as-rain-causes-backups/ar-AAECF2X?li=AAggXBV

Brandon Rideout had to wear fishing waders Saturday afternoon to take a walk around his basement.

It's flooded with about two feet of sewage water, and it stinks — bad.

Family photos, Christmas decorations and artwork by his two children sit soaked in the murky brown water, which Rideout says started coming up through the drain at about 6:30 p.m. Friday. His washer, dryer, furnace and hot water tank are also ruined.

Rideout's rental home is one of dozens in the north Edmonton Griesbach neighbourhood that's flooded with human waste.

Epcor says sewers in the area have reached capacity after three days of intense rainfall. They don't know when the issue will be resolved.

"It's just extremely frustrating that they just started charging us a $20 a month increase for power consumption for sewage drainage. This does not look sewage drainage," Rideout said while standing knee-deep in the swamp.

"When I call Epcor, nobody will give me a timeline of when it will be fixed, what they can do to help."

Rideout said his questions went unanswered as water levels continued to rise. He doesn't know if insurance will cover the damage, if his family will be displaced, and if the basement will be sterilized any time soon.

"My house reeks," he said.

"What are the health risks? This is human feces.... It's not safe to be down here. Everything down here is now garbage."

A flooded basement sounds bad, but when it's flooded by sewage, bad doesn't even begin to describe it.

Everything in that basement, down to the studs, will have to be removed. It could take months. Depending on how long the sewage sits in the basement, a full scale remediation could be in order.

And all because of a few days of steady rain. Hopefully, the city of Edmonton will step up and makes things right for whatever insurance doesn't cover.

Trade war between Korean and Japan is escalating into consumerism. 

Some South Korean gas stations are refusing to refuel Japanese cars in the latest escalation of the two countries' new trade war. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-japan-trade-war-gas-stations-decades-long-tensions-2019-7

Also "Butt Detective: The Movie," a Japanese anime film based on a series popular in South Korea, also suffered at the box office after its July 11 release. So that means we've officially reached the "Ass" part from the movie Idiocracy. ;)

hqdefault.jpg