RUPERTKBD

The World Events Thread

Recommended Posts

On 2/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Yet another example of how broken society is:

 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-girl-arrested-police-bodycam

 

Imagine arresting a 6 year-old and deciding that she needs her hands zip tied to boot....

 

"greatest country in the world".....<_<

It’s pretty messed up but she hit three people at 6?

 

this is why you don’t leave parenting up to

somebody else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riffraff said:

It’s pretty messed up but she hit three people at 6?

 

this is why you don’t leave parenting up to

somebody else.

:huh: Have you ever been to a pre-school or daycare?

 

Kids hit each other all the time. I recall one of my daughter's classmates being sent home, because she bit someone.....but she didn't go home in a police car....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

:huh: Have you ever been to a pre-school or daycare?

 

Kids hit each other all the time. I recall one of my daughter's classmates being sent home, because she bit someone.....but she didn't go home in a police car....

I thought I read she hit adults?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I thought I read she hit adults?

I don't see what difference that makes....kids have tantrums sometimes....they'll pretty much hit anyone if they're having a meltdown.

 

But they're kids. Handcuffs and police cars are not necessary....

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't see what difference that makes....kids have tantrums sometimes....they'll pretty much hit anyone if they're having a meltdown.

 

But they're kids. Handcuffs and police cars are not necessary....

Yeah, I saw this footage earlier. The cop bragged about her being his 6000th arrest in his career.

Big man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, I saw this footage earlier. The cop bragged about her being his 6000th arrest in his career.

Big man. 

He was also going on about how 6 years old was a "new record" for his youngest arrest...<_<

 

Pretty sure he got fired, but there was also a report that he was acting under orders. I believe some soul searching is in order for that particular police department....as well as a public apology for the treatment of this child.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

:huh: Have you ever been to a pre-school or daycare?

 

Kids hit each other all the time. I recall one of my daughter's classmates being sent home, because she bit someone.....but she didn't go home in a police car....

That didn’t happen here though.

 

im not suggesting the police involvement is warranted in any way.

 

but at 6 there is a difference between a tantrum and total lack of respect for anyone.  Tantrums are for toddlers. A 6 year old is not a toddler.

 

as a big an issue as the wrong doing by the police so is the total failure on behalf of the parents for allowing this child to behave in such away that she thinks it’s ok to hit anyone including adults because she didn’t get her way.

 

is this the start of her hatred for police/authority or a wake up call for those who look after her?

 

i have a six year old girl right now and on my fathers grave she hasn’t even hit a single person of any age anywhere at any time.

 

kids have zero respect for adults and authority or even older kids today.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

That didn’t happen here though.

 

im not suggesting the police involvement is warranted in any way.

 

but at 6 there is a difference between a tantrum and total lack of respect for anyone.  Tantrums are for toddlers. A 6 year old is not a toddler.

 

as a big an issue as the wrong doing by the police so is the total failure on behalf of the parents for allowing this child to behave in such away that she thinks it’s ok to hit anyone including adults because she didn’t get her way.

 

is this the start of her hatred for police/authority or a wake up call for those who look after her?

 

i have a six year old girl right now and on my fathers grave she hasn’t even hit a single person of any age anywhere at any time.

 

kids have zero respect for adults and authority or even older kids today.

She’s six!  :lol:  Her grandmother should have been called to take her home.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I thought I read she hit adults?

She is six.  It’s insane that Florida arrests six year old children.  Seriously, how is that even possible?  I mean this kid is six.  I really don’t care what she did.  She’s six.  She goes into state care, like a hospital or such, but that’s it.  How about the police officer gives the kid a safe ride home to her grandmother?  Let the kid sit up front and enjoy the ride.  She’s six!  This is nuts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

She’s six!  :lol:  Her grandmother should have been called to take her home.  

Reminds me I had so much winding up my cousin around that age. He would get mad and hit me, and I would just laugh to egg him on. Then he would really wind up and go at it and I would only laugh harder. Then he would cry and run to his mom. :lol:

  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toews said:

Reminds me I had so much winding up my cousin around that age. He would get mad and hit me, and I would just laugh to egg him on. Then he would really wind up and go at it and I would only laugh harder. Then he would cry and run to his mom. :lol:

I know this kid is six.  Does a six year old have control of their emotions?  I can’t believe the principal is a keen on pressing charges.  How in the hell is a six year old responsible enough to have charges pressed against them?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I know this kid is six.  Does a six year old have control of their emotions?  I can’t believe the principal is a keen on pressing charges.  How in the hell is a six year old responsible enough to have charges pressed against them?  

I have seen kids who are extremely calm at that age and others that are little tyrants. Even a 6 year old can do some damage with a weapon though, not that I am implying that has been the case in this instance. But in some scenarios where I can see a 6 year old getting charged, if it maybe as means to intervene if a kid has serious issues that aren't being dealt with at all at home for one reason or another. 

Edited by Toews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

She is six.  It’s insane that Florida arrests six year old children.  Seriously, how is that even possible?  I mean this kid is six.  I really don’t care what she did.  She’s six.  She goes into state care, like a hospital or such, but that’s it.  How about the police officer gives the kid a safe ride home to her grandmother?  Let the kid sit up front and enjoy the ride.  She’s six!  This is nuts.  

For sure it’s crazy.

 

im just trying to make the point that there is a difference between a toddler meltdown at the rice table and a 6 year old hitting three adult employees.  That is an indicator of underlying issues/problems with upbringing and or the emotional behaviour/coping skills of the child.

 

good chance that this isn’t the first incident and not the last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, riffraff said:

For sure it’s crazy.

 

im just trying to make the point that there is a difference between a toddler meltdown at the rice table and a 6 year old hitting three adult employees.  That is an indicator of underlying issues/problems with upbringing and or the emotional behaviour/coping skills of the child.

 

good chance that this isn’t the first incident and not the last.

Agreed, so send the kid for counseling, or something like that.  Handcuffing and arresting is going to make things worse.  This is a six year old.  Like you point out, she needs help. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed, so send the kid for counseling, or something like that.  Handcuffing and arresting is going to make things worse.  This is a six year old.  Like you point out, she needs help. 

Yes the police should never have been involved.

 

there are steps that can be taken to avoid her having to ever have to deal with police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riffraff said:

That didn’t happen here though.

 

im not suggesting the police involvement is warranted in any way.

 

but at 6 there is a difference between a tantrum and total lack of respect for anyone.  Tantrums are for toddlers. A 6 year old is not a toddler.

 

as a big an issue as the wrong doing by the police so is the total failure on behalf of the parents for allowing this child to behave in such away that she thinks it’s ok to hit anyone including adults because she didn’t get her way.

 

is this the start of her hatred for police/authority or a wake up call for those who look after her?

 

i have a six year old girl right now and on my fathers grave she hasn’t even hit a single person of any age anywhere at any time.

 

kids have zero respect for adults and authority or even older kids today.

FWIW, I have three daughters...they're all adults now, but they were all 6 at one point.

 

As far as the rest of your post goes, we'll have to agree to disagree. I think its pretty common for a 6 year old to hit someone.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the father of a high up SpaceEx executive. He showed me video of the assembly plant for the rocket that will take 100 people to Mars. They are already working on 2  ships which will actually launch with people on board. These guys are engineers and speak a language I don’t understand. Pretty exciting non the less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno if this was in the article before, but it says now (well, when I read it this afternoon) that the cop was fired over this, for not following procedure.

 

So, obviously his ziptying the brat was not sanctioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I dunno if this was in the article before, but it says now (well, when I read it this afternoon) that the cop was fired over this, for not following procedure.

 

So, obviously his ziptying the brat was not sanctioned.

I mean the zip tying alone is appalling.

 

he must have felt so threatened by her two free arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I mean the zip tying alone is appalling.

 

he must have felt so threatened by her two free arms.

Maybe she went for his gun ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.