The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

28 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Little kalaripayattu vs. wing Chun.

I actually plan to watch IP man tonight.

i have read about the boxer rebellion and the hatchet wars in early Cali. 

Interestingly, Chinese Kung Fu likely originated in India and was brought to China by the monk Bodhidharma who started the Shaolin Monastery. When the weapons prohibition was placed on Okinawa, Kung/Gung Fu  was adopted by the locals...which became Japanese Karate. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

That guy was smiling in court after shooting a trans woman leaving only to come back to shoot the dead body again.

If there was ever a time to reinstate capital punishment for a day.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:01 PM, Chicken. said:

Soldiers Dead in Dispute Between India-China... apparently no shots were fired though 

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/india-china-face-off-ladakh-lac-casualty-indian-army-1689710-2020-06-16 

Violent Ladakh clash leaves 20 Indian soldiers dead, Chinese troops killed-injured

Seventeen Indian Army soldiers have succumbed to their injuries suffered during the India-China face-off at Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh, taking the casualty figure on the Indian side to 20.

The over five-week-long stand-off between Indian and Chinese troops turned violent on Monday night, inflicting casualties on both sides.

The Indian soldiers say they were on a patrol and were unarmed.  They were apparently attacked with rebar with nails welded to it. Some bodies mangled so badly they had trouble identifying them.

Metal rods seized by Indian soldiers. (Twitter, Ajai Shukla photo)

Apparently the red paint is blood.

Mind you the reporting from each side is very biased and it's difficult to piece together what actually happened.

Perhaps China is angry with the Aussies... ?  When will there be any type of global unity for recourse against that regime... they are hacking everyone I'm sure

Australia cyber attacks: PM Morrison warns of 'sophisticated' state hack 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-46096768

Australia's government and institutions are being targeted by ongoing sophisticated state-based cyber hacks, Prime Minister Scott Morrison says.

Mr Morrison said the cyber attacks were widespread, covering "all levels of government" as well as essential services and businesses.

He declined to identify a specific state actor and said no major personal data breaches had been made.

The attacks have happened over many months and are increasing, he said.

The prime minister said his announcement on Friday was intended to raise public awareness and to urge businesses to improve their defences.

But he stressed that "malicious" activity was also being seen globally, making it not unique to Australia.

Who has been targeted?

Mr Morrison did not name specific cases but said it had spanned "government, industry, political organisations, education, health, essential service providers and operators of other critical infrastructure".

He did not give further details. Previously, defence manufacturers, government contractors and accounting firms have been among those to report data breaches.

3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Perhaps China is angry with the Aussies... ?  When will there be any type of global unity for recourse against that regime... they are hacking everyone I'm sure

The Aussies had the audacity to demand an investigation into the origins of the pandemic. China's response was to lose their sh** and threaten Australia. Taking actions against them via trade etc. It's been pretty eye opening how much vitriol they have throw Oz's way.

These authoritarian regimes learn from what they see. China saw the reaction when Canada criticized Saudi Arabia over human rights. Saudi went completely nuts and no one came to Canada's defense.  So they figure they can push Australia around. And they're probably right.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Saw the story about this terrible tragedy earlier this week.
Two days prior to this, killer was drunk and almost ran people over at a buss station.

It was caught on video, what a disgusting human being.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/children-among-injured-in-multi-vehicle-brampton-crash

No words....just two emotions...:(:angry:

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

No words....just two emotions...:(:angry:

I don’t know if you followed Marco Muzzo case, wealthy Ontario kid who killed 4 people while he was drunk.

Arrived on a private plane from Vegas, like he couldn’t afford to rent a limo.

Sentenced to 10 years in 2016, he is already out on a day parole.

Un&^@#ing believable 

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t know if you followed Marco Muzzo case, wealthy Ontario kid who killed 4 people while he was drunk.

Arrived on a private plane from Vegas, like he couldn’t afford to rent a limo.

Sentenced to 10 years in 2016, he is already out on a day parole.

Un&^@#ing believable 

Yeah, I remember that one.....apparently each life is worth about 1 year in jail to the parole board.

The kids' mom said it best:

"No matter what happened today, Daniel, Harry and Milly don't get to come back home. My dad isn't coming home to my mom," she wrote in a Facebook post.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I remember that one.....apparently each life is worth about 1 year in jail to the parole board.

The kids' mom said it best:

"No matter what happened today, Daniel, Harry and Milly don't get to come back home. My dad isn't coming home to my mom," she wrote in a Facebook post.

What a gross and sickening miscarriage of justice!

Even worse his 10 year sentence was the harshest sentence handed out in Canada for this type of offense.

If I ever decide to pursue criminal career, Canada is high on my list of places to move to, Western Europe as well.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/9773413-mini-putt-and-conjugal-visits-marco-muzzo-s-life-behind-bars-at-muskoka-prison/

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

What a gross and sickening miscarriage of justice!

Even worse his 10 year sentence was the harshest sentence handed out in Canada for this type of offense.

If I ever decide to pursue criminal career, Canada is high on my list of places to move to, Western Europe as well.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/9773413-mini-putt-and-conjugal-visits-marco-muzzo-s-life-behind-bars-at-muskoka-prison/

I suggest Calgary.....

• Haha 1