The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Senators give teams permission to negotiate with Erik Karlsson

As good as Karlsson would be here with the likes of Boeser and Pettersson, chances are they would want Boeser or Pettersson in return. We simply do not have the expendable assets for a trade supposed Karlsson trade unless we really dismantle the "future core" that Benning has been building.

3 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

As good as Karlsson would be here with the likes of Boeser and Pettersson, chances are they would want Boeser or Pettersson in return. We simply do not have the expendable assets for a trade supposed Karlsson trade unless we really dismantle the "future core" that Benning has been building.

Just have to offer slightly more than the next team is offering.

What team is going to part with a player like Boeser and Pettersson? 

58 minutes ago, Solinar said:

Forget about Nylander for Tanev, boys.  It's going to be Nylander, Lillijgren, Kapenen and a first for 2 years for Karlsson.

The Sens should definitely do that, providing the Laughs take Bobby Ryan too.

Its a nice thought... but 1/2 of his ankle is new.... 

I bet its going to take 5 pieces. 

Edmonton's going to throw Bouchard, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, Benning an Yamamoto at Ottawa for this. Not sure anyone else can top that. 

1 hour ago, Solinar said:

Forget about Nylander for Tanev, boys.  It's going to be Nylander, Lillijgren, Kapenen and a first for 2 years for Karlsson.

I can almost guarantee that the Sens will not trade Karlsson to Toronto.

My guess is they look to a team out West even if they have to take a little less.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its a nice thought... but 1/2 of his ankle is new.... 

I bet its going to take 5 pieces. 

Edmonton's going to throw Bouchard, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, Benning an Yamamoto at Ottawa for this. Not sure anyone else can top that. 

If EK was signed to an extension, would Edmonton trade Draisatl for EK and Ryan?  Would Ottawa?

Edmonton has to figure out what they're going to do, but in my mind, you can spend heavy on Center ice, but you have to have quality cheap wingers then, kind of in the way Pittsburgh does it.  You rely on your centers to increase the ability of your wingers, then shed them for new ones every few years.  So in my mind, they have to shed Nuge and Lucic, and then they're basically set to add one more big salary if they want to.  Even taking on Ryan, his skating is better than Lucic's, even if someone desperately needs to buy him a jug of vaseline to soften up those hands of stone.

1 hour ago, VanGnome said:

WOW. Please be in on this Benning. A top pairing of Hughes + Karlsson would be amazing. Offer to take on Bobby Ryan's horrid contract in order to lessen the amount going back to Ottawa for the trade

He's gonna want Doughty dollars. No thanks.

I think Joe Sakic should go after EK.

Colorado can send them Barrie, who seems to have been in rumours for years now. Can also offer OTT back their own 2019 1st which is almost a lock for top 5-10 next year. Maybe add in another piece not sure if they would add Jost or if that is too much but I think Colorado should go after Karlsson

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think Joe Sakic should go after EK.

Colorado can send them Barrie, who seems to have been in rumours for years now. Can also offer OTT back their own 2019 1st which is almost a lock for top 5-10 next year. Maybe add in another piece not sure if they would add Jost or if that is too much but I think Colorado should go after Karlsson

Colorado gives up Barrie + Ottawa first 2019 and gets back EK + Bobby Ryan?

Archived