The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Senators give teams permission to negotiate with Erik Karlsson

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Colorado gives up Barrie + Ottawa first 2019 and gets back EK + Bobby Ryan?

If Dorion is forced to make a deal with Ryan involved I would take that if I were him.

Maybe add a 2nd rounder or a prospect going to Ottawa as well.

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Where would we get the $18M to $20M cap space to make this move?

That's what so stupid. They want to include Ryan. How many teams have 18 to 20 million in cap space. Sheesh Melnyk. Put the jaws of life on your wallet and leave Ryan out of it. Maximize the return on one of the worlds best dmen!

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

They will still get a good return but Melnyk should not be so cheap and allow Dorian to get full value.

Ottawa should get full value for EK, then look to trade Ryan and be willing to retain 50%. Ryan under 4m would be of interest to teams, heck he may go back to Anaheim?

We have no business trying for Karlsson, I doubt he'd accept a trade here anyways. 

I suspect he wouldn't move to Edmonton either given he could choose a major city with a favourable climate like Dallas, SJ, Tampa or LA.

If Dorion / Melnyk screw this up by being stubborn or cheap they'll get absolutely nothing for Karlsson when he walks next July and the rink in Kanata will have more people working concession than in seats. Damn Ottawa is in bad place right now, totally sucks for their fans.

A bunch of teams will be falling all over themselves to make it happen and rightfully so.

Don't &^@# this up Dorion. If Dorion quits and walks away from Melnyk he could still work for another team. If he screws up this deal with Karlsson he'll never work in the league again.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Melnyk is a cheap azz though.

Melnyk is the prototypical wannabe with a bit of money. Wants to sit with the big boys but without a clue of how to turn his franchise into something that actually makes money.

send the Sedins over to Karlsson's house to talk to him about taking his talents to the west coast where he will find the glory he seeks playing  along side his fellow countrymen Dahlen, Pettershone and Edler. :emot-parrot:

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think Ottawa would be below the cap floor if they move both and get minimal salary coming back

It's the point of paying him 3 and half million for a few years while not having him. I actually don't disagree with you it's just Melnyk is a moron.

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

send the Sedins over to Karlsson's house to talk to him about taking his talents to the west coast where he will find the glory he seeks playing  along side his fellow countrymen Dahlen, Pettershone and Edler. :emot-parrot:

Who do we give up?

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Who do we give up?

Ok so after the Sedins convince him, he will demand a trade to Vancouver. The Sens will be forced to trade him or lose him for nothing like JT.

soooooo.... here's my proposal :P:lol:

Stecher + Hutton + Goldobin + Their choice of Lind/Gadjovich/Goldobin/1st - Jack Hughes protected

9 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Ok so after the Sedins convince him, he will demand a trade to Vancouver. The Sens will be forced to trade him or lose him for nothing like JT.

soooooo.... here's my proposal :P:lol:

Stecher + Hutton + Goldobin + Their choice of Lind/Gadjovich/Goldobin/1st - Jack Hughes protected

No chance in hell Duchene re-ups, so they might as well take this and begin their rebuild now :D

38 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

They will still get a good return but Melnyk should not be so cheap and allow Dorian to get full value.

They should try to get the best return for Karlsson right now and worry about Ryan later. Who cares about Ryan? the Sens are going to be terrible for the duration of his contract anyway.

Just now, brownky said:

Dahlen, Pettershone and Edler.

That's what it'd take lol.

You forget that neither Melnyk, nor Dorion are of sound mind. Dorion is a toothless yes-man who entertains every meddling notion that Melnyk has. Chances are Melnyk forces Dorion to take a stack of middle of the road/slightly high prospects that are near NHL ready that he won't have to pay out big dollars to for several years; likely until after he's sold the team.

I can see Karlsson, Ryan and Duchene all being traded for table scraps in return, taking back just enough salary to remain cap floor compliant.

2 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Good luck with that. But hey, last time we gave them Burrows and got Dahlen. Second time, still lucky?

Sign Burrows as a free agent and trade him back to Ottawa as part of a package for Karlsson :P

Archived