The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

First Impressions of Quinn Hughes [VIDEO]

Canuck Clay

Great of you to post this.   Wish I could give you a "plus of the day/month" or similar for the hard work in putting this together for those of us not able to be local and see this for ourselves.   

PS - you are over 50?!   Man, if I look that young in 20 years or so I will be very happy.   You won the gene wars dude.   People in my family look like this when they hit 50 (well, some of the women don't):

maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, Screw said:

Hughes will be our best D man as soon as she steps on the ice.

I think OJ will have something to say about that - and that is why I am pretty excited for the future of this team.   I don't think many of you are aware of how good OJ looked live last year.   

Good times are close people!   

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

I think OJ will have something to say about that - and that is why I am pretty excited for the future of this team.   I don't think many of you are aware of how good OJ looked live last year.   

Good times are close people!   

I hope that is the debate moving forward.  Who is the Canucks best D man?  OJ or QH. 

Clay... you’re the best. Thank you so much for putting out the content you do.

it was awesome meeting you in January. 

Excellent commentary. Loved the comments on Lind. So curious how he fits in moving forward. 

D4C4AFE9-0B24-43E6-B08D-5F8A002432F6.jpeg

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

You're wrong. Jett is a good defenceman, but not on the level of OJ and Hughes. 

LOL.   Now I get to say, hey, I was just cheering for OJ and Hughes and claim that I have no idea what you are talking about.....:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

LOL.   Now I get to say, hey, I was just cheering for OJ and Hughes and claim that I have no idea what you are talking about.....:ph34r:

Or perhaps you need to be more careful as not to stir up a debate that will eventually spiral out of control. If it wasn't your intent why even bother.

You know how these boards are. :) 

2 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Or perhaps you need to be more careful as not to stir up a debate that will eventually spiral out of control. If it wasn't your intent why even bother.

You know how these boards are.

I also know who the posters are (not in real life but by past trends) and I was confident that poster would "get it".     I may be a goalie but I am not that stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I also know who the posters are (not in real life but by past trends) and I was confident that poster would "get it".     I may be a goalie but I am not that stupid. 

Just concerned about the young players is all.  Unfair comparisons can be damaging.  If my comment made you feel stupid I apologize.

My son plays goal and I know he is  not stupid - all good.

27 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I may be a goalie but I am not that stupid. 

Output error: Does not compute.

To voluntarily decide one wants to have people shoot vulcanized rubber discs at a high velocity at themselves, for the sole purpose of trying to get hit by those discs, that one must be at least a little stupid.

And without those stupids, hockey would be so much more boring <3

Archived