The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alexandre Burrows announces retirement

-Vintage Canuck-

Inspirational guy in so many ways, including the choice of my username.  He wasn't the first or only undrafted player in Canucks history, nor is he the last; but he's definitely and easily my favourite: The King of the Undrafted.

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Had a hell of a career and never took a shift off. Great story of a guy who youd never think would make the nhl but with a little hard work you can achieve your dreams

I hope to see the guy back home some day

Unfortunately I think he will be indoctrinated into the Habs system, which will induce ++loyalty in a very loyal kind of guy.  It will take him a long time to go through the ranks, but he will get reach his goal(s) sooner or later.  Perhaps Vancouver scoops him up at some point and gives him a better situation than what Montreal is offering.

I would dearly love to see Burr back in Vancouver and think he will make a great coach one day.

2 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Kinda feel dirty knowing what we did to Ottawa...... we already said our goodbyes couple years ago as he was going down but Ottawa still insisted on having Burrows for Dahlen hell fans were basically yelling for Burrows to retire at 35 as a Canuck. 

yah but its the 'good' kind of dirty 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

next stop Utica then back home here where he belongs. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Laval Burr's hometown?  As much as I'd love to see him back with the Canucks organization, it's pretty hard to begrudge him a true hometown gig.

In any case, I have no doubt he'll be a fantastic coach

Just now, Undrafted said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Laval Burr's hometown?  As much as I'd love to see him back with the Canucks organization, it's pretty hard to begrudge him a true hometown gig.

In any case, I have no doubt he'll be a fantastic coach

its the perfect place for him to start a coaching career, with his competitive nature he's got the NHL as his long term plan guaranteed. 

Only Canuck jersey I’ve ever purchased and wore it proudly for years. Was waiting for his retirement to make a Horvat purchase, but now that it’s here I’m feeling kinda down about the idea :(  

Great career Alex, you’re the kind of player that all kids can and should look up to; that you don’t need to necessarily be the most skilled, but if you work hard enough and believe in yourself, you can accomplish anything. 

3 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

Only Canuck jersey I’ve ever purchased and wore it proudly for years. Was waiting for his retirement to make a Horvat purchase, but now that it’s here I’m feeling kinda down about the idea :(  

Great career Alex, you’re the kind of player that all kids can and should look up to; that you don’t need to necessarily be the most skilled, but if you work hard enough and believe in yourself, you can accomplish anything. 

The thing about legends is their jerseys never go out of style. I still wear Linden jerseys proudly. 

I am also waiting to purchase a Horvat jersey, but I’m going to wait until it has the “C” on it. ;)

Archived