The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team stuck in cave...

kurtis

9 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

How did they get trapped in the first place? Why were they anywhere near the caves?

Are you trolling or serious? .... Sorry to be rude... If so.. They went into the cave when it was dry. It started to rain heavy well they were inside and flooded the entrance... As it rained more, it pushed them farther into the cave. 

7 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Are you trolling or serious? .... Sorry to be rude... If so.. They went into the cave when it was dry. It started to rain heavy well they were inside and flooded the entrance... As it rained more, it pushed them farther into the cave. 

Why were they so deep into a cave that they couldn't get out when they noticed the rain? They're a soccer team. Were they sight seeing?

36 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Why were they so deep into a cave that they couldn't get out when they noticed the rain? They're a soccer team. Were they sight seeing?

Something like  a flash flood would have trapped them pretty quickly.

43 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

have you been living under a rock?

38 minutes ago, chon derry said:

come on kyle turn the tv on 

I know the situation from when they were found onwards. The articles I read didn't say why they were in the cave to start with. Why would an entire team visit a cave known for its depth during the rainy season? 

47 minutes ago, Toews said:

A Navy SEAL died on the way back from the cave. How do children make it out when a trained person couldn't? Seems awfully risky. 

This I find interesting but obviously also sad. From what I have read, divers have been making many trips back and forth to deliver food, water, oxygen, deliver letters to loved ones etc. It must have been a bit of a freak accident, he would have been with a partner as well.

I also didn't know it was a SEAL? Why are the Navy SEALS operating in Thailand? Is it an American soccer team?

They will most likely have to bore a tunnel or something.. I believe Elon Musk is sending experts to the site. 

They are lucky to be alive/found... so in terms of living their long term it should be no problem. 

I wonder how how they bring supplies in a shaft that is so tight.. I’m pretty sure I saw a table or something. 

4 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

This I find interesting but obviously also sad. From what I have read, divers have been making many trips back and forth to deliver food, water, oxygen, deliver letters to loved ones etc. It must have been a bit of a freak accident, he would have been with a partner as well.

I also didn't know it was a SEAL? Why are the Navy SEALS operating in Thailand? Is it an American soccer team?

Thailand has SEAL teams as well. This particular SEAL came out of retirement to help with the rescue. 

8 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I know the situation from when they were found onwards. The articles I read didn't say why they were in the cave to start with. Why would an entire team visit a cave known for its depth during the rainy season? 

The boys, aged between 11 and 16, went missing with their 25-year-old coach after soccer practice on June 23, setting out on an adventure to explore the cave complex near the border with Myanmar and celebrate a boy's birthday.

Archived